Home Match Day Thread U23s tues 12 th feb details ....

Smith, according to the twitter feed. Another two goals (albeit one a penalty) before being subbed. On the bench Saturday!
If it was smith ,hed shrunk a bit ....fairly sure it was James for the 2nd goal?

Solid
how are the full backs doing sarge? any future prospects
..solid ....so far

Hulls u23 number 11 was their dangerman , swapped flanks a few times but both our full backs and Sam Long made sure he didnt have things his own way

Last edited:
that's good to hear. how about smith. is he looking like he could get in the first team yet?

that's good to hear. how about smith. is he looking like he could get in the first team yet?
Gets in the right places.... bit more mobility.n fitness he'll be there...3-0 lofthouse , Hopkins assist, last kick of the game, superb pass from Carruthers to Hopkins

Last edited:
Decent game u23s deservedly 3-0 winners... time to try n warm up a bit now

It was an enjoyable game.
Carruthers was my MOM with
Julian Lamy, their no 11 by far their most dangerous player.
I loved one of their players after the game saying to his parents that they had battered us and didn't deserve to lose. Having said that it was pretty even.
Sam Long looked good as Centre Back (cue those saying he isn't a CB!)
Of the youngsters, Jack Stevens made some very good saves , Jones is a big CB with a bit of pace, McCreadie did well in midfield and Owen James looked paceyvand direct on the left.
Jonte Smith looked a little short of the first team but early days. Interestingly he has pushed Bradbury back in the pecking order.

Interestingly he has pushed Bradbury back in the pecking order.
Agree with that. Although I wasn't that impressed with Smith, Bradbury was less effective when he replaced him. I think Hull became slightly stronger too, though whether that was to do with that change or something else I couldn't say.

Agree with that. Although I wasn't that impressed with Smith, Bradbury was less effective when he replaced him. I think Hull became slightly stronger too, though whether that was to do with that change or something else I couldn't say.
Not for the first time,Bradbury seemed lost and lacklustre.
Shame as he apparently had some decent spells on loan & U23 set up, prior to his debut away at Wycombe.
Since then he hasn’t quite clicked.

When I've seen the U18s and 23s Owen James and Kyran Lofthouse followed by Abbie Hopkins have been the stand outs for me. Jonte Smith will need a lot more time training with the squad before he is ready. Harvey Bradbury big and strong but needs to seriously work on his mobility imo. Hulls Julian Lamy looks a very useful talent. Enjoyable evening at Thame.

I see that tye U23s will be playing at Molineux a week Friday.
If they win that they go into the knock out stages.
This cup has given the young players a great experience.
Does anybody know how many of the Youth Team playing last night can still play for the YT next season?

Enjoyed the game yesterday, thought Carruthers was stand out player on pitch and rightly so and was totally committed to getting win. Thought both full backs contained what were speedy attacks down the flanks and Long and other young CB managed back line with Stevens really well.

Management made right substitutions at right time and overall deserved the win, but Hull certainly had some good chances in last twenty minutes and Stevens made several top saves as well as being prepared to come off his line and take the high ball to the back of the box when called upon.

Overall some real positives again from an U23 squad and a few senior additions.

Back
Top Bottom