Home Match Day Thread U18s V Posh U18s Saturday AM

Was the u18s game on this morning? Any news on the game/result if it was played?

We won 3-2, or maybe 3-1. Saw it at lunchtime on twitter.

Poor show if I have to tell the whole forum from my super fast flatland internet!

Cheers @Berliner & @Malc ....not being on tweeter i looked on ows for info post (u18s) match....no info ....still no info hours later either ! ....if idve been in oxford instead of working away all weekend idve tried to make u18s & first team games today

Cheers @Berliner & @Malc ....not being on tweeter i looked on ows for info post (u18s) match....no info ....still no info hours later either ! ....if idve been in oxford instead of working away all weekend idve tried to make u18s & first team games today

You don't need to be 'on Twitter' to see what people are posting.

Is it of vital importance that the reports are on the website the same day? Obviously in terms of media coverage the first team takes priority at the weekend, so it seems reasonable that the youth team reports are done on the Monday.

Is it of vital importance that the reports are on the website the same day? Obviously in terms of media coverage the first team takes priority at the weekend, so it seems reasonable that the youth team reports are done on the Monday.
They could have at least tweeted (if they did and I couldn't find it I'll let them off. I did look).

Seem to remember they tweeted the result just before the first team match on Saturday

If theres a publicity dept that wants to publicise the success stories of this season u18s, u23s oufc ladies etc imo the pre match and post match info should be in the public domain ... & positive pr should be shouted from the rooftops i think...asap .... sadly it isnt.

Personally i try to make as many u18 & u23 home games as possible-which is very often subject to pr dept 1) informing via ALL aspects of publicity (not just twitter!!!! - at 61 nearly 62 i dont have a twitter account n dont see the need) well in advance, not as has been the case 30 min before kick off!...2) share info via ALL media outlets on updates during games as well as final result after final whistle, instead of days later....other clubs can manage it...why not oufc???....you may be happy with u18s/u23s/oufcw teams info @smiler with the minimal, miniscule info flow ...im not

sorry about italics, old man n technology , dunno how italics happened

You don't need a Twitter account to read the club's account or the Academy account.

OUFC twitter link, should work without an account @Sarge...

I think the hamsters that power wifi in skegness were having long breaks over the weekend.... wifi n mobile signal isnt great there at the best of times...directly after mackies goal followed by the controversy unfolding ....signals went down...it was close on an an hour before I found out that we had won and what had unfolded! .... a posh fan whos nephew is in their u18 squad gave me the u18s match result n info, as did malc n Berliner.u..i do wish oufc would get the info up on ows asap, twitter info may be out there earlier but accessing it isnt always straightforward. If oufc can put a tweet out why isnt it linked directly, therefore appears simultaneously as twitter on ows? There again what would i know ....technology is advancing beyond my luddite capabilities day by day

.you may be happy with u18s/u23s/oufcw teams info @smiler with the minimal, miniscule info flow ...im not

sorry about italics, old man n technology , dunno how italics happened

Sarge, I am quite happy with the coverage of the youth team this season, I feel it has improved a lot recently (admittedly it used to be pretty awful). In the last report for the game against Peterborough, we had interviews with both Chris Hackett and Leon Blackmore-Such, plus footage of the goals. This was posted on the Monday after the game (Exeter City's report for their U-18 game against Portsmouth has just been posted, almost a week after the match).

We are also getting Academy updates through Dan Harris.

Back
Top Bottom