Matches U18s V cheltenham U18s 5/10/2019 11am

High n wide from crook ...well he is on a hat trick

Very good solid performance from Ox. Never really threatened by Cheltenham. Goodrham man of the match for me closely followed by Fabian Sole who ran the midfield. First time I’ve seen him and he impressed. Victor Milton alongside Jones at the back was also very strong and vocal.

Very promising set of young lads Ox have. Good to see a healthy crowd than normal too.

Very good solid performance from Ox. Never really threatened by Cheltenham. Goodrham man of the match for me closely followed by Fabian Sole who ran the midfield. First time I’ve seen him and he impressed. Victor Milton alongside Jones at the back was also very strong and vocal.

Very promising set of young lads Ox have. Good to see a healthy crowd than normal too.
agree with that ^^

Just lifted this photo of the game At Cheltenham off of the OWS. Anyone know who the lad walking over to the main group is? Built like an old fashioned brick sh#thouse..

03F212C0-CB4D-40D7-BE88-6F3009D1AD64.jpeg

If they can find him a permanent position I’d say Lopes. So comfortable on the ball and is a deadly finisher. He’s bulking up as well which is always a good thing.

The two centre half’s Jones and Milton are playing way above their standard and have every chance of making it. Both very tall as well and with Nico, he’s such a fantastic footballer great mover of the ball as well for a big man.

Goodrham has come on a lot this season. I love watching him play, really fighter for his size and has a very good delivery.

Chambers Parillon is another who is growing stronger by the game. another who physically has changed a lot this season, drives the midfield on and has a good relationship with Lopes. Very good finisher as well.

First time I’ve watched Sole from the start but he was very useful. Used the ball superbly and was good in the tackle.

If anyone gets the chance, go along and watch them. Chris and Leon have got them playing superb football.

Forgot Elechi and Spasov!

Both injured but have played a big part in the youth teams success. Elechi I really like, very athletic and quick. Left footed and can handle himself. Another 6foot plus player!

Spasov has already played and scored and is your typical poacher in the box.

Also mentions to Owen James and Kyron Lofthouse who are both to old for the 18’s as it stands.

If they can find him a permanent position I’d say Lopes. So comfortable on the ball and is a deadly finisher. He’s bulking up as well which is always a good thing.

The two centre half’s Jones and Milton are playing way above their standard and have every chance of making it. Both very tall as well and with Nico, he’s such a fantastic footballer great mover of the ball as well for a big man.

Goodrham has come on a lot this season. I love watching him play, really fighter for his size and has a very good delivery.

Chambers Parillon is another who is growing stronger by the game. another who physically has changed a lot this season, drives the midfield on and has a good relationship with Lopes. Very good finisher as well.

First time I’ve watched Sole from the start but he was very useful. Used the ball superbly and was good in the tackle.

If anyone gets the chance, go along and watch them. Chris and Leon have got them playing superb football.

Id second that ^

Thanks.
Lopes is clearly rated highly and seems to have scored quite a few already in the early part of the season. He did look a little lightweight last season and I guess that bulking up is important for when he plays in the first team.
Goodrham is still pretty young even in the Youth team I believe?

Sole reminds me of Cameron Brannagan in the way he plays.

Cheers both of you for the updates.

Thanks.
Lopes is clearly rated highly and seems to have scored quite a few already in the early part of the season. He did look a little lightweight last season and I guess that bulking up is important for when he plays in the first team.
Goodrham is still pretty young even in the Youth team I believe?
Goodrham is young ....but he has huge potential imo

It's great to hear first hand about the quality of our youngsters. I know that last year when the cheques were bouncing few took any solice in the investment of our youth set up, but we are in an incredible position where several could end up playing for the first team and beyond. It's not that long ago that we had barely any youth development at all, and credit lies with the Leneghans for starting the ball rolling, and Tiger for giving this a real opportunity to grow. Obviously having the right coaching teams and facilities also helps, and this will only improve with the training ground coming under our full control next week.

We can all have a moan about formations and Sykes over Hall etc, but I'm sure we'd all be in agreement that the grassroots of this club are looking very healthy indeed.

It certainly sounds very encouraging - and IMO lower league clubs bringing their own players through via their youth systems is becoming more and more important, for both for the footballing and financial health of those clubs that can do it successfully.

Back
Top Bottom