General TV sitcom called First Team

Didcotox

I was listening to talk sport in the car earlier driving home from a meeting and there is a new sitcom on BBC 2 starting in a few months called The First Team.

it’s written by the same people who wrote the Inbetweeners and is based on what football players do with their spare time.

I was pleasantly surprised when they said there is no actual football in the programme, which is a huge plus point from me as TV shows always do a bad job when actually showing the sport itself.

For those who liked the Inbetweeners it may be something that would interest you.

Cheers for the info, but will it be a better footy show than the 90s programme 'All in the game'?

Was that one with Cheri Lungi in the title role? .....or did i imagine that series from some years ago now?
Yep that's the one. For some reason I have it in my head they filmed some of it at The Manor, but can't find anything to back that up.

Yep that's the one. For some reason I have it in my head they filmed some of it at The Manor, but can't find anything to back that up.
Think at the manor they filmed some scenes of a programme about a female footballer in the mens game. Cant remember the name.

Think at the manor they filmed some scenes of a programme about a female footballer in the mens game. Cant remember the name.
Ah, must be where I'm getting mixed up then. Don't remember the show you mention though.

Back
Top Bottom