International News Trumps parting gestures

Doesn’t the senate become mor Democrat after the inauguration?

Even if there are enough Republican Yes Votes to get to the needed two thirds Senate majority, it doesn't matter if the Supreme Court rule that you can't have an impeachment trial for a President that's already left.

They may or may not, but that's the first hurdle before we even get to the senate trial itself........

Even if there are enough Republican Yes Votes to get to the needed two thirds Senate majority, it doesn't matter if the Supreme Court rule that you can't have an impeachment trial for a President that's already left.

They may or may not, but that's the first hurdle before we even get to the senate trial itself........
It depends whether the Supreme Court would like him back in power and yes I know the Supreme Court is favouring the republicans but who’s to say some of the seasoned republicans on the Supreme Court feel that at rump has embarrassed the Republican Party to much.

This made me laugh. Not sure of the creator was a Trumpist or just tongue in cheek but one of their better ones - the Luftwaffe allowed it to happen Adolf....

It depends whether the Supreme Court would like him back in power and yes I know the Supreme Court is favouring the republicans but who’s to say some of the seasoned republicans on the Supreme Court feel that at rump has embarrassed the Republican Party to much.
In fairness, it should have nothing to do with individuals and personalities. The decision should be purely based on the interpretation of the technicalities of the constitution and that decision making has to be completely transparent.

To make the decision based on anything else will set a very dangerous precedent imho.

Much as Trump should never be anywhere near power again, the SC can't make that ruling just because it's him.

Aw diddums, she really should have thought through the consequences of her actions.

Hard to see how Trump can pardon all the rioters - that would be admitting his own guilt, and set him up for either losing the impeachment trial (if it's determined that can still go ahead) or prosecution himself once he's a private citizen.

Still, if the FBI working on this case get a bonus per successful prosecution, they're having a great start to 2021!
This lady, for example, has not only nicely established for them that she committed criminal acts, she's also demonstrated premeditation and intent for them via livestream as well. They can just press play on her Facebook page in court, and then all go home!

I think Paul Welker must have had a premonition!

What a catalyst you turned out to be
Loaded the guns then you run off home for your tea
Left me standing, like a guilty schoolboy

Petty,a few doors were damaged and papers thrown around,ok a few people were shot but you get that when people bring their guns to a demo.......didnt see all this concern when BLM were torching cities and rioting..........

Petty,a few doors were damaged and papers thrown around,ok a few people were shot but you get that when people bring their guns to a demo.......didnt see all this concern when BLM were torching cities and rioting..........
Great bit of WhatAboutism there.

Missing the big picture. One was threatening democracy and equality, the other was strengthening it. I realise that is not your view. But let's see what history eventually says.

One step closer to a successful impeachment

One step closer to a successful impeachment

I wonder what Trump has said privately changed in the last few days from when McConnell was talking about waiting to see the evidence?

The indications are Trump is in deep trouble, as an individual, family and business.

I would expect Trump to be charged and jailed within 2 years, the Trump Organisation to go bankrupt within 3-5 years.

Nearly all his close "friends" and associates have deserted him.

Back
Top Bottom