International News Donald Trump ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

That was quite a remarkable spectacle wasn't it - as one paper put it - ".....no winners, and only one loser.....America"

It was awful on both sides, unedifying. Hopefully these proposed rule changes have some effect. Although, I'm waiting for Trump's reaction when his mic gets cut off and I can already see claims of bias if mics do get cut off.

Trump is in quarantaine! Aid has covid-19.
Maybe silence for a while

Such a range of thoughts:
Inevitable; fake news to get out of the debate; conspiracy blaming China; conspiracy to unite support behind ill president for the election; if he gets it seriously will he press the red button to nuke China in revenge; how will staunch trump supporters react - who will they target for revenge; all along there have been those who wish him removed, even assassinated (though what right-minded foreign enemy would not want to leave him in charge?), but would there not be a certain rounding of the circle if he was taken out by his own ignorance and stupidity without anyone else needing to do anything?

Oh, and of course, concern for septegenarian who has contracted this dangerous virus

Not one for conspiracy theories and I have always been amazed that he has managed to get this far without contracting it but the timing does seem awfully coincidental.

Obviously it could all backfire but being able to avoid any more TV debates, potentially rally support (which we saw here with Boris when he contracted it) and potentially stop the Biden campaign (his moral responsibility?) only a couple of weeks before the election appears to have some benefits.

Im sure it will twist the minds of some of his supporters who believe itโ€™s all a hoax and it does also show a sign of weakness for some supporters but it could certainly play a role in the run up.

Itโ€™ll be interesting to see how this plays out. Of course he has top medical advisors with him but heโ€™s still dealing with a relatively unknown virus which has a particular like for overweight, older people.

If he comes out of quarantine glowing orange and beaming away with his bleached white teeth I think Iโ€™ll perhaps be more persuaded to think this is politics playing out.

Not one for conspiracy theories and I have always been amazed that he has managed to get this far without contracting it but the timing does seem awfully coincidental.

Obviously it could all backfire but being able to avoid any more TV debates, potentially rally support (which we saw here with Boris when he contracted it) and potentially stop the Biden campaign (his moral responsibility?) only a couple of weeks before the election appears to have some benefits.

Im sure it will twist the minds of some of his supporters who believe itโ€™s all a hoax and it does also show a sign of weakness for some supporters but it could certainly play a role in the run up.

Itโ€™ll be interesting to see how this plays out. Of course he has top medical advisors with him but heโ€™s still dealing with a relatively unknown virus which has a particular like for overweight, older people.

If he comes out of quarantine glowing orange and beaming away with his bleached white teeth I think Iโ€™ll perhaps be more persuaded to think this is politics playing out.
It says a lot about how this administration has eroded any sense of truth that most people's first reaction to this news is, 'I bet he doesn't actually.'

While I agree it does seem very coincidental, I don't think that Trump himself is controllable enough to go along with it if it is some elaborate ploy. He's already had to cancel a rally. There's pretty much nothing Donald Trump would cancel a campaign rally for other than genuine coronavirus - they're his absolute lifeblood, he loves them.

I'm 50-50 on whether this is real. His supporters who think the whole thing is a hoax must be doing some serious mental gymnastics right now.

Back
Top Bottom