International News Donald Trump πŸŠπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Some nuance. The US are in a similar position to the UK in that some more rural areas have been affected differently to some urban areas and are in a different place in terms infections, etc from COVID-19. Also worth considering how the virus is differing in Ireland and the UK where the population has less density in terms of location

There was talk last week about whether to ease restrictions in states like South Dakota but maintain them in places like New York where the pandemic is worse. Ultimately, it was felt to be a bad PR move, but Trump has a different perspective and lest we forget, their bailout has been far less generous than the UKs has so people are really struggling to survive.

Also, some states lockdowns are different too, rather than the blanket UK ban. This is a good summary of it:
B3-GN806_RESTRI_700PX_20200420091517.jpg

Source: https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-state-by-state-guide-to-coronavirus-lockdowns-11584749351

Worth noting that Florida eased some restrictions last weekend to allow people to use the beaches for exercise, etc. Of course, no one wants to be the first one to break lock down from a PR perspective, but as you all can see, states have different lockdowns and people want to protest, they can as is their right.
Only out of hours

Republican, by any chance?
In terms of Senate, Congress or Local Politics?

And the answer is mixed, but predominantly Democrat leaning, so no:
1587557134754.png

Does it really matter what the party affiliation is? Other than find a way to bash Trump

In terms of Senate, Congress or Local Politics?

And the answer is mixed, but predominantly Democrat leaning, so no:
View attachment 3524

Does it really matter what the party affiliation is? Other than find a way to bash Trump
I thought the reference was to Missouri, not Michigan?
Missouri https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri is Republican:

It's actually irrelevant who politically did it, the concept of someone suing China for their part in this is only going to get more interesting if other states pile on.
You think that the party of a politician doing something is politically irrelevant? In all cases, or just this one?

I thought the reference was to Missouri, not Michigan?
Missouri https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri is Republican:
Regardless, it doesn't matter though does it? Michigan, Montana, Missouri or New Mexico.
You think that the party of a politician doing something is politically irrelevant? In all cases, or just this one?
Errr, a state suing China because of the COVID-19 crisis. Why does it matter who the state is represented by? Does it make it ok if it's a Democrat state? Think wider than Trump for 5 mins...

Life does not have to be 100% partisan all of the time.

Seeing as I'm here:

[quote}
That tidbit comes from a batch of footnotes to a December 2019 report from Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz that were declassified this month in two tranches, one from the Justice Department and one from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. The 400-plus-page document pounded the FBI for its handling of applications under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) to wiretap former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, a process that Horowitz wrote was marred by β€œ17 significant errors or omissions.” That said, the report concluded that the dossier did not spark the investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia and that the investigation β€” named Crossfire Hurricane β€” was properly launched.

The FISA applications were powered in part by claims in Steele’s dossier, research funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. As the FBI sought independent confirmation of the Steele claims, it found holes, according to the Horowitz report: β€œThe FBI concluded, among other things, that although consistent with known efforts by Russia to interfere in the 2016 U.S. elections, much of the material in the Steele election reports, including allegations about Donald Trump and members of the Trump campaign relied upon in the Carter Page FISA applications, could not be corroborated; that certain allegations were inaccurate or inconsistent with information gathered by the Crossfire Hurricane team; and that the limited information that was corroborated related to time, location, and title information, much of which was publicly available.”

{/quote]

Remember the dossier’s famous allegations that the Russians had kompromat against Trump because of illicit alleged activities in a Russian hotel? A declassified footnote elaborates on the provenance of that story: According to an intelligence community report, a source who spanned Trump’s circles and Russia said that it was false and resulted from Russian intelligence β€œinfiltrat[ing] a source into the network
What a judicial mess that is eh!

Regardless, it doesn't matter though does it? Michigan, Montana, Missouri or New Mexico.

Errr, a state suing China because of the COVID-19 crisis. Why does it matter who the state is represented by? Does it make it ok if it's a Democrat state? Think wider than Trump for 5 mins...

It does matter when you answer with the wrong state which has different politics.

And if they are a strong pro Trump based Republicans then they are following Trump's rhetoric of blaming China. Trump wants a bogeyman to blame which he can use to distract from his own failings in this situation and this plays right into that narrative.

It does matter when you answer with the wrong state which has different politics.

And if they are a strong pro Trump based Republicans then they are following Trump's rhetoric of blaming China. Trump wants a bogeyman to blame which he can use to distract from his own failings in this situation and this plays right into that narrative.
#101 in the book of useful squirrels....

Lol. So it’s not partisan for you to post that actually a state is mostly democrat, but it is partisan of me to point out that actually they’re republican. I like this game.

• React
Reactions: m
No, it doesn't. Perhaps you'd like to give it a go sometime.

Partisan would suggest I have a dog in the fight, I don't.
For someone without a dog in a fight, your lack of yeah, can see that the whole Russia thing was based on lies and half truths etc shines brightly!

Lol. So it’s not partisan for you to post that actually a state is mostly democrat, but it is partisan of me to point out that actually they’re republican. I like this game.
I got the wrong state by mistake - it happens to even the merest of mortals doesn't it?

It still, however, doesn't avoid the point that China's conduct in COVID-19 has been a massive issue and suing, while ultimately futile, is at least standing up for the people in the state. You made it partisan, as usual. I couldn't care less if it was a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or whoever. My first thought in life isn't politics, unlike you my dear little stalker!

For someone without a dog in a fight, your lack of yeah, can see that the whole Russia thing was based on lies and half truths etc shines brightly!

I haven't said it was true or I believed it either.

Back
Top Bottom