International News Donald Trump πŸŠπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

I just hope that come November the voters will see what that idiot is like and vote accordingly but this is America with a lot of institutional racism amongst their ranks.

Assuming Trump/Republicans don't find some mechanism to limit voting even more.

Overnight in central Minneapolis police have withdrawn and allowed protest. The protest has been peaceful. Meanwhile the local authorities are to investigate alleged institutional racism within the police force. Reasonable conduct seems to be working. Certainly to be preferred to tear gassing and baton charging the innocent along with a minority of opportunist rioters.

Compare to Portland, Oregon (normally a relaxed, liberal city) where peaceful protestors are still being attacked by police. This is a crazy country where state / city responses to the Floyd situation lack uniformity.
Round of applause for Minneapolis police for their conduct ? ? ? . You see Donny....they don't need dominating at all, but they do need to be heard and understood...I just don;t think you are capable of either listening or understanding....please retire to your bunker, throw away the key and leave the grown ups to govern for ALL the people.

But at the same time, I don’t recall black people going around saying White lives matter, when Lee Rigby was butchered in broad daylight.
Lee Rigby wasn't killed by a policeman - an officer of the state - who was then quietly 'let go' rather than prosecuted. Not the same thing at all.

This is a crazy country where state / city responses to the Floyd situation lack uniformity.

But that's the nature of the country - everything in America lacks uniformity.

I have often said that, despite the language barrier, in terms of national character and general attitude to life, there is much more common ground between the nations of Europe than there is between the states of the US. Even the apparent European polar opposites like Germany and Greece have more in common than, for instance, D.C. and Idaho.

As a Brit, I'm very comfortable living in Central New Jersey. But I've never felt more uneasy and out-of-place traveling anywhere in Europe than I did traveling across rural Mississippi and Arkansas.

The longer I spend here, the more I'm in favor of devolution of power to the states. There's very few issues here in which a one-size-fits-all approach will work.
As an added benefit, that will also mean less power in the Presidency.....extra important when the nations continues to nominate and elect the worst of the worst.

Did Trump say a criminal was heaven? Someone who pointed a gun at the belly of a heavily pregnant woman to help people burglarise her house? Ok.......

Oh you mean the other stuff? Rigggggggggght ;)

Not fit to govern and the longer GOP persist with their support for him whilst abandoning their own principles just to cling on to power, the more unelectable they will be:

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/06/0...hIeUCevCBUoGynXswt0luFe056Nv1pSkxiyfpq24iWYhQ

So, I mean Trump's response there is rambling, incoherent and showing all the hallmarks of the onset of senility.
Unfortunately, however, the Democrats - rather than finding a younger, dynamic candidate who can think on their feet and has a grasp of all the issues - have decided on a candidate who is equally rambling, incoherent and senile.

If anything, it's a more depressing choice than Johnson vs. Corbyn. Which is really saying something.

So, I mean Trump's response there is rambling, incoherent and showing all the hallmarks of the onset of senility.
Unfortunately, however, the Democrats - rather than finding a younger, dynamic candidate who can think on their feet and has a grasp of all the issues - have decided on a candidate who is equally rambling, incoherent and senile.

If anything, it's a more depressing choice than Johnson vs. Corbyn. Which is really saying something.
At least people can choose on a like for like basis :)
It takes the senility and dubious sexual attitudes factors out of the voting equation.

At least people can choose on a like for like basis :)
It takes the senility and dubious sexual attitudes factors out of the voting equation.

Yes, of course my post didn't get into the fact that one candidate has been accused of sexual assault whilst serving as a US senator, whilst the other has merely been caught bragging about sexual assault on camera.

The more I think about it, the more I'm certain it's way, way worse than Corbyn vs. Johnson.

"75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment," Trump said in a morning tweet.

Citing a report on conservative news network OANN, Trump said, "I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?" He said Gugino "could be" an anarchist "provocateur" but provided no evidence for that assertion.

Yep, anyone who actually saw the police officer push a 75 year old to the ground, where he lay with blood emanating from his wound, even though he offered no threat to anyone would probably agree with Trump. It was a set up by this ANTIFA organiser. Fake news. God bless America.

Back
Top Bottom