International News Donald Trump πŸŠπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

He`s been PM since 2003..... on a turn out of 84.67% in 2019 he polled 42.55% ... 18.36 million voted for him...... seems his people prefer him to anyone else.

So............what happens next?
A: We leave him to sort it out.
B: We "do a Saddam" on him.
C: We impose sanctions that hurt those at the bottom most.
I think with Erdogan it's the nice man that won power, the not nice man that was corrupted by power. There were allegations of vote rigging, etc, etc

Ultimately, we can't do anything other than utilise normal diplomatic channels and hope he listens.

I see Trump's latest attempt at a self-aggrandising publicity stunt has failed. The parents of Harry Dunn - the teenager killed by US diplomat's wife Anne Sacoolas - met with Trump. He held Mrs Dunn's hand. He then announced that Mrs Sacoolas was 'in the building'. In fact, she was in the adjoining room and the US press corps was assembled to take pictures of her springing forth, no doubt to hug Mrs Dunn with Trump grinning in the background.

The attempt failed because a vigilant Dunn family member realised what was about to happen and the Dunns withdrew, no pictures, no further 'I've solved the problem' opportunity for the very classy Trump.

Well done the Dunn family.

Maybe we should have a poll on whether Trump shares more in common with Mussolini or Berlusconi? (Or Nero? or Caligula?)

guess Mussolini & WW2 have been airbrushed from history in Trumpworld ... or does he think those old, epic Hollywood films set in Roman (empire) times are ancient newsreels?

I think there should be a TV series recreating Trump's intrepretation of history etc. Comedy gold, get the Horrible Histories lot to do it.

Maybe we should have a poll on whether Trump shares more in common with Mussolini or Berlusconi? (Or Nero? or Caligula?)

Actually, there's quite a lot of parallels with Commodus, I would've thought?

Massive personality cult and God complex? Lack of interest in affairs of state, but big focus on bread and circuses? Aversion to war, but addiction to conspiracy theories?

The US just needs to find its Maximus Decimus Meridius! [yes, I know he wasn't real, but still...….]

Actually, there's quite a lot of parallels with Commodus, I would've thought?

Massive personality cult and God complex? Lack of interest in affairs of state, but big focus on bread and circuses? Aversion to war, but addiction to conspiracy theories?

The US just needs to find its Maximus Decimus Meridius! [yes, I know he wasn't real, but still...….]
I thought you were talking about Obama there ;)

It was good to see the WaPo call Al-Baghdadi "an austere religious scholar" and not a pathetic religious zealot and overall putrid human being and awful hypocrite, said no one. Is it sympathy for terrorists in that media organisation?

I suppose Trump's use of language was a little coarse, but Al Baghdadi was a complete scum bag, so it's hardly crime of the century is it?

It was good to see the WaPo call Al-Baghdadi "an austere religious scholar" and not a pathetic religious zealot and overall putrid human being and awful hypocrite, said no one. Is it sympathy for terrorists in that media organisation?

I suppose Trump's use of language was a little coarse, but Al Baghdadi was a complete scum bag, so it's hardly crime of the century is it?

You really do miss the point, especially about Trump's own comments about Obama and Bin Laden.

And to emphasise that he is trying to take credit:

After the al-Baghdadi assassination, and the staged photo of him watching it live when in reality he was playing Golf, this is fantastic for all the wrong reasons. I hope he does a TV series on history.

It won't harm him of course as it never does with his base.

Moot point about when he watched it or was it "live"....but assassination? You are Corbyn and I claim my Β£10.

Live by the sword you risk dying by it as well.

There will be a replacement along shortly who will probably meet a similar end ad infinitum.....

Moot point about when he watched it or was it "live"....but assassination? You are Corbyn and I claim my Β£10.

Live by the sword you risk dying by it as well.

There will be a replacement along shortly who will probably meet a similar end ad infinitum.....

It isn't a moot point when he is actively trying to portray that he did watch it "live" and claim credit, something he very publically criticised Obama for with Bin Laden. If he hadn't set up that staged photo then nobody would have been bothered.

What else was it but an assassination? And I never said it was wrong, you've read into something that just isn't there.

Last edited:
Definition of assassination

1: murder by sudden or secret attack often for political reasons

Sounds fairly accurate.

It isn't a moot point when he is actively trying to portray that he did watch it "live" and claim credit, something he very publically criticised Obama for with Bin Laden. If he hadn't set up that staged photo then nobody would have been bothered.

What else was it but an assassination? And I never said it was wrong, you've read into something that just isn't there.

Suicide. If they wanted him dead he would have been dead a lot quicker, hence sending capture dogs to subdue him and capture him alive, guess he didn`t fancy that option.

Suicide. If they wanted him dead he would have been dead a lot quicker, hence sending capture dogs to subdue him and capture him alive, guess he didn`t fancy that option.

Capturing his was a dream that was never going to happen as he wouldn't have allowed it, just like Bin Laden. I bet those troops and command very much expected this outcome if he was there when he went in. It was a kill mission/assassination with a very outside hope of capture.

It was suicide, but such are the Never Trumpers that they can't help but find a way to complain or be offended...

What next? Hitler was a misunderstood artist forced to kill himself because he feared not getting a fair trial? Or Idi Amin was a tortured soul because of colonial rule who was so traumatised that he had no control over his impulses?

It was suicide, but such are the Never Trumpers that they can't help but find a way to complain or be offended...

What next? Hitler was a misunderstood artist forced to kill himself because he feared not getting a fair trial? Or Idi Amin was a tortured soul because of colonial rule who was so traumatised that he had no control over his impulses?

Straight to Godwin. Getting desperate there Gary as I don't see anybody saying it was wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom