World Cup Trouble in Germany

To be fair it was a dodgy penalty conceded against Hungary so that evens it out.

Poor performance but how much can you expect from players in this competition at this time of year.

Grealish and Bowen did well when they came on and England finished pretty strongly.

Aye. That they both added some energy. Those that started - for England and Germany - were cramping at the end.

I like the NL. It gets rid of friendlies in favour for playing sides at your level. However, four games in June seems a bit much. I’m sure if the WC wasn’t where it was this year we’d see these matches spread out a bit. As is it, everyone looks utterly knackered and in need of a break.

Thought it looked offside too. What a pointless tournament this is the players look knackered not surprisingly. I heard Chelsea have a preseason tour in just three weeks time!! Madness I will get my very small violin out.

Grealish was the only player in a blue shirt to run at the German back line. He created the penalty which in turn resulted in the goal. Those that can’t see his quality astound me.

It was a ponderous performance in nothing more than a glorified friendly. No reason to be too upset with the performance or result.

Let’s hope the Germans that were throwing a number of bottles and other items in the far left corner when England were taking corners, are equally vilified by the media as the extremely small minority of numpties England had out in Munich were! I doubt it though.

The only real surprise was that Germany took so long to score and only got one.

The only real surprise was that Germany took so long to score and only got one.

Kane missed two golden chances - 1 over the bar and 1 unbelievable save from Neuer. It was hardly one way traffic for 90 minutes in fairness.

Kane missed two golden chances - 1 over the bar and 1 unbelievable save from Neuer. It was hardly one way traffic for 90 minutes in fairness.
The first of Kane's would likely have been given as a foul.

Our ball retention and passing was woeful, there was huge space in our midfield and gaps appearing in and around our penalty area that they exploited time after time and but for some last ditch defending it could have been 3 or 4. Was it 2 touches from their defence to their Goalscorer who was in acres of space in our Penalty area.

We had isolated moments whereas they looked dangerous pretty much via every attack, the only time we had any sustained pressure was the last 10 minutes or so

Grealish was the only player in a blue shirt to run at the German back line. He created the penalty which in turn resulted in the goal. Those that can’t see his quality astound me.

It was a ponderous performance in nothing more than a glorified friendly. No reason to be too upset with the performance or result.

Let’s hope the Germans that were throwing a number of bottles and other items in the far left corner when England were taking corners, are equally vilified by the media as the extremely small minority of numpties England had out in Munich were! I doubt it though.
And yet some England fans were angry with his inclusion in the squad...probably the same England fans who were slaughtering Southgate for not picking him for every game a year ago!

Seven it may be but 880 passports have had to be handed in to the police ahead of this fixture. There’s 1,122 banning orders in place too.

The culture amongst some England followers is antediluvian. Respect where you’re going and the locals who live there. Enjoy the game, sing your hearts out and have a beer. There’s no need to smash anything up, get in fights or disrespect your hosts.
I've learned a new word, thanks very much.

Aye. That they both added some energy. Those that started - for England and Germany - were cramping at the end.

I like the NL. It gets rid of friendlies in favour for playing sides at your level. However, four games in June seems a bit much. I’m sure if the WC wasn’t where it was this year we’d see these matches spread out a bit. As is it, everyone looks utterly knackered and in need of a break.

Yeah, it's exactly this. The tournament is supposed to be played in the three international windows during the season (two games in each).

But because of the winter WC, two of those weren't available so they just pushed those four games back to the summer, when the WC should have been.

Makes it even more like a bunch of glorified friendlies than normal. But it's still better than just having friendlies because at least we're forced to play teams that are at our level.

Still, it would be a bit embarassing if we did get relegated. So we'd better beat Hungary handily at home!

Back
Top Bottom