**TRANSPORT ISSUES TODAY - Rd re-opened**

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Between Towns Road in Cowley is currently shut stadium bound and is causing major traffic queues. Busses are not serving Templar's Sq, so busses are going up Garsington Road, over the Retail Park roundabout and into BBL that way.

This will mean a longer journey to the stadium and more importantly, The Blackbird bus stops! Oxford boound busses are unaffected.

They say it will re-open tomorrow morning, but it was due to re-open this evening at 8pm. So could change again.

Just a heads up.

Thanks ESB, that's the way I normally go so will keep an eye out for this.

That
Between Towns Road in Cowley is currently shut stadium bound and is causing major traffic queues. Busses are not serving Templar's Sq, so busses are going up Garsington Road, over the Retail Park roundabout and into BBL that way.

This will mean a longer journey to the stadium and more importantly, The Blackbird bus stops! Oxford boound busses are unaffected.

They say it will re-open tomorrow morning, but it was due to re-open this evening at 8pm. So could change again.

Just a heads up.
That will be interesting as a few on the Sunderland forum are heading to the Cowley road for a few beers.

Yes and back again. I've queued from The Plain to well past Manzil way. So the busses are getting clogged up.
And according to the Mackems forum a lot are getting taxis, so anybody requiring a taxi may struggle there as well

Last edited:
Thanks ESB, that's the way I normally go so will keep an eye out for this.

Ditto. The 1 or the 5 for me. I guess the other option is the 3/3A which goes up the Iffley Rd rather than the Crowley Rd.

So this will potentially affect buses from the station to BBL?
the current OxBusCo update says:
Due to the ongoing roadworks at The Swan and the subsequent delays, our city 5 will be terminating in Oxford City on all journeys until further notice. Passengers may travel on our city 4, Brookesbus U1 or 400 service from Oxford High Street to the Rail Sation and vice versa.

It is supposed to be re-opening at some point tomorrow morning.

Be worth keeping an eye on their social media tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom