Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So assuming that 22 is the squad limit where do we now stand?
GK - Stevens, Easty (don't count to limit)
DEF - Long, Seddon, Moore, Mous, McNally, Thornily, Forde
MID - CamBran, Henry, Sykes, Gorrin, McGuane, Hanson
WING - Whyte, Holland, Williams, Bodin, Cooper
ST - Taylor, Agyei, Winnall, DOY

So technically we are sat on the 22 now, but Hanson is now out long term so could easily be left out the 22, and who knows what will happen with DOY. I'd guess full back cover is a priority and then the final place will be decided on if we get another signing or not.

All I can say is that typing out our squad has given me more excitement than a woman has ever managed. That's a league winning 22 without a doubt. I am extremely impressed with our recruitment this window, all in before the first game, and all really solid, experienced players at the top end of L1. It's going to be the toughest year in L1 since we arrived, but I really think we're up to the job!

When people started bandying about Gavin Whyte's name a few weeks ago, I just assumed it was one of those pie-in-the-sky, 'we've heard of him and we like him so it would be nice to have him back," sort of rumours. Never in a million years thought we'd actually be able to get him back in. Ludicrous signing.

Knows the league, knows Oxford and knows KR. Also worth pointing out that last time he was here, he shone in a side that flirted with relegation all year, and was pinging balls into the likes of Obika, Sinclair and Mackie, with Tony McMahon backing him up down the right. Genuinely cannot wait to see how much he thrives with Sam Long overlapping and Taylor and Winnall getting on the end of his crosses.

Surely our best transfer window in years?
….having signed Whyte Williams Holland the summer transfer bingo game of naming ex players set to return is going to permanently explode

So technically we are sat on the 22 now, but Hanson is now out long term so could easily be left out the 22, and who knows what will happen with DOY. I'd guess full back cover is a priority and then the final place will be decided on if we get another signing or not.

All I can say is that typing out our squad has given me more excitement than a woman has ever managed. That's a league winning 22 without a doubt. I am extremely impressed with our recruitment this window, all in before the first game, and all really solid, experienced players at the top end of L1. It's going to be the toughest year in L1 since we arrived, but I really think we're up to the job!
Most notable thing about that squad is the pure experience we have, especially with a number of players having been promoted to the championship (Williams, Thorniley, Whyte etc.) and that will be vital to a strong start & season

Jeez, your sex life must be a boring affair!!!!

So according to Robinson there’s still ‘one or two areas that we need to strengthen’, I reckon left fullback cover and a DCM. Possibly waiting for the takeover to be completed first?

I also think one or two will leave, maybe loans of some of the younger players.

Robinson said in an interview last week he had changed his mind about bringing in
another sitter in midfield after seeing youngster Josh Johnson in recent games.

I think Joel Cooper and Derick will be heading out on loan and possibly Elechi.

So another striker (Harrison) and left sided defensive cover will be the final pieces of the jigsaw.

Robinson said in an interview last week he had changed his mind about bringing in
another sitter in midfield after seeing youngster Josh Johnson in recent games.

I think Joel Cooper and Derick will be heading out on loan and possibly Elechi.

So another striker (Harrison) and left sided defensive cover will be the final pieces of the jigsaw.
Do we need another striker? Taylor, Winnall, Agyei, Whyte and Bodin can all play through the middle. I think our priority now needs to be 2 players who can cover defence with maybe one of them being able to cover Gorrin.

Just a thought but couldn’t mous cover gorrin his legs aren’t quite fast enough for CB anymore but with two decent CB behind him he might be able to go a job in CDM
If he hasn’t got the legs to be a centre back then he definitely hasn’t got the legs for a CDM role that involves screening the entire width of the pitch. CDMs usually cover more miles per game than almost any other player. That was one of the main reasons Gorrin was brought in to begin with - his distance covered stats were incredible.

Once you can’t keep pace at centre half, there really is nowhere else to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom