Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get the away shirt right and anymore signing right I think we can say you are the most itk person on here by the way what’s the latest with the takeover and new stadium [emoji16][/B]

Scotchers will be devastated!

We can't hope we go through the whole season again without any of our back 4 getting injured. I know there is Mousinho but he's not in the squad to play 40+ games this season. Atkinson was brilliant last season, especially at bringing the ball out of the back and I imagine the ball playing centre back is the type we like. I would love to see a big powerful type come in though, as you already know we'll struggle against Wycombe and Rotherham teams who pump the ball forward quickly.

We do look a little light on ‘assets’ this year compared to previous ones with Moore going into his last year and Atkinson being sold. Clare and Cooper were both bought last summer but haven’t really worked out as yet, hopefully this season for Cooper.

Stevens stands out obviously, McGuane has been bought for what he could be worth, Brannagan to a certain extent. I just wonder whether a couple of the remaining signings will be young players for fees with the intention to sell on in the future.

We can't hope we go through the whole season again without any of our back 4 getting injured. I know there is Mousinho but he's not in the squad to play 40+ games this season. Atkinson was brilliant last season, especially at bringing the ball out of the back and I imagine the ball playing centre back is the type we like. I would love to see a big powerful type come in though, as you already know we'll struggle against Wycombe and Rotherham teams who pump the ball forward quickly.
I get the 2nd part of your point there, but I don’t think anybody has suggested we should go in to the season with no cover for our defenders!

I also don’t think anybody at the club is banking on Mous playing more than a squad/leadership role. However, I’d have absolutely no problem having him back because what he lacks in pace now, he makes up for as a leader, organiser and experienced head which we could have really done with on the big occasions like the play offs.

But you’re absolutely right - a centre back with a bit of presence about him could be the missing piece back there just to make the target men of the division pick their battles a little more. McNally will have to earn the respect of strikers which could take time. But it sounds as though his pace will get him out of trouble as he finds his feet.

Surely Rotherham were a footballing side who beat us with excellent pass and movement?

We do look a little light on ‘assets’ this year compared to previous ones with Moore going into his last year and Atkinson being sold. Clare and Cooper were both bought last summer but haven’t really worked out as yet, hopefully this season for Cooper.

Stevens stands out obviously, McGuane has been bought for what he could be worth, Brannagan to a certain extent. I just wonder whether a couple of the remaining signings will be young players for fees with the intention to sell on in the future.
Seddon is clearly one to add to Maguane, Moore, Cooper, Brannagan, Stevens.
I think that the model is developing with maybe the next lot will include LCP, ODonkor, Smith, Goodrham (although hopefully they will play for us in the Championship)

I get the 2nd part of your point there, but I don’t think anybody has suggested we should go in to the season with no cover for our defenders!

I also don’t think anybody at the club is banking on Mous playing more than a squad/leadership role. However, I’d have absolutely no problem having him back because what he lacks in pace now, he makes up for as a leader, organiser and experienced head which we could have really done with on the big occasions like the play offs.

But you’re absolutely right - a centre back with a bit of presence about him could be the missing piece back there just to make the target men of the division pick their battles a little more. McNally will have to earn the respect of strikers which could take time. But it sounds as though his pace will get him out of trouble as he finds his feet.

I don't think anyone has suggested that either, I was just making the point that I think shoring up the defence is the priority, rather than a winger, for example. Although I understand it doesn't necessarily work like that in practice as you can only get what is available.

I also like Mousinho for his leadership and definitely think we need more of that in the team. For all his faults that was something Mackie also had in spades.

Looking at the defence last season and as great as they were at starting an attack, sometimes a defender just needs to head it and kick it first and foremost. Simms at Blackpool is possibly an exception to the rule in terms of a striker at this level (as he was way too good) but we just couldn't handle him. Sometimes winning the first ball needs to be the priority rather than what you do with it when you've actually got possession of it.

Tomlinson would be an excellent signing on paper. He’s one of the most two-footed players you’ll see. Naturally a righty but his left is a good 90% as strong. Can play either left or right back comfortably which would be great in terms of flexibility. Fingers crossed.

Tomlinson would be an excellent signing on paper. He’s one of the most two-footed players you’ll see. Naturally a righty but his left is a good 90% as strong. Can play either left or right back comfortably which would be great in terms of flexibility. Fingers crossed.

Yes please

Would sort full back cover. Then Elechi could get a conference loan with a recall clause.

And Seddon. 100+ appearances in the EFL by the age of 23! I’d say that’s quite experienced for a player of his age. Could definitely help a lot of the younger lads/youth.

This was a bit of KR manipulation of stats, adding 25%.

92 career appearances in all competitions.
80 in the EFL - 11 in Champ, 46 in L1, 23 in L2.

Still vastly more than some players we've signed a different points in the last few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom