Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the yellow grass at the training ground by design or is Tiger behind on the bills again?
I've been lucky enough to have had a look at the training ground pitches over the last few weeks.
I believe there may be a new groundsman there (not me), he's done a fantastic job and has definitely improved on last season.
Hope it's still that way on a wet Tuesday in January.
You can even see his tractor in the photo. :)

• React
Reactions: jfp
I've been lucky enough to have had a look at the training ground pitches over the last few weeks.
I believe there may be a new groundsman there (not me), he's done a fantastic job and has definitely improved on last season.
Hope it's still that way on a wet Tuesday in January.
You can even see his tractor in the photo. :)
It’s not kaleb is it?

As it’s obvious we still need left back cover, left centre back & 2 stand out wingers imo

I still think that central midfield has weakeness in it despite having good players in it with Gorrin Brannagan Henry McGuane Sykes all talented players but whenever we’ve gone up against teams the likes of Gillingham Wycombe Rotherham etc we get found out specially in the playoffs again Blackpool we struggle big time with their physicality they bring (I thought that was an area where Robinson said he wanted to improve on this season when he spoke to RO back at the end of May) I personally think we could do with getting Hanson out sooner than later even if that means us paying up to 50% of his wages towards a loan move then so be it & we find a decent competition for Gorrin who form dropped off massively 2nd half of the season & Brannagan dropped in there who did well at times but struggled against the decent sides I thought we need a nasty b@stard in there,

Also an issue last season was Sam Longs hamstring injuries which did effect us when Forde/Hanson played right back in that position it weakened us & both got exposed in the playoffs games & a fair few other games throughout the season
Agree with all of this, although not sure there’ll be a queue of clubs wanting to contribute £2k plus a week for Hanson.

I wonder if that Tomlinson from Eastleigh might still be on the radar as would cover both full back positions.

Good signing and a nice 3 year deal. To compete competitively in this league I still think we need:

1 x LB
1 x LCB
2 x Wingers.

I know we have enough CM's, but still think we could do with that bit more extra quality there. So would like to see another midfielder come in.

Karl has said he wants two more wingers, I think Elechi could cover LB tho we know he's not ready yet but with some good coaching I think he could be a good player....is McNally going to be the other starting CB or are the Boyle rumours gonna prove true? And I agree about some tough tackling cover for CM/Gorrin, a bit of steel in there wouldn't go amiss.

Yes, but where's the pace and power coming from that Blackpool highlighted was/is so absent from our play? I agree that we're short at the back and a quality left back is top of the list but our midfield is not as robust as it needs to be. I don't see any leaders on the pitch. Maybe that's how the manager likes it.
I don’t disagree at all. But I was responding to a post from someone who is happy as we are! I was just pointing out that we are not okay.

I don’t disagree at all. But I was responding to a post from someone who is happy as we are! I was just pointing out that we are not okay.
We won't change the way we play but I'd be happy to see an experienced and tough midfielder arrive to compete with Gorrin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom