Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather that lightweight Sykes, with no end product left than Clare.
Oh god I'm confused now. Sykes who's really skilful and feisty and was our best player at the end of last season, and allegedly was wanted by Ipswich? As opposed to Clare who is still pretty much an unknown quantity? TBH it's too hot to have an opinion, never mind get cross.

How was it clear?
Somebody on here posted stats showing that he had played right back as much as he had wing back, CM I his career.
Hearts fans seem to think he was best as a right back.
I assume that there was a load of digging the club did.
Those stats showed he had played in midfield positions many more times than at full back.

So as it stands wage wise / squad wise...

We’ve lost: (9 players)
Atkinson, Ruffels, *Grayson, Clare (Charlton bound), *Kelly, Hall, *Shodipo, *Barker & *Lee

Transfers in: (2 players)
Williams, Bodin

Signed permanently: (1)
McGuane

and another player can't wait to return to playing in front of crowds at home again
What's the problem with highlighting players deficiencies? Are they that precious, poor little things.

Does Clare not take any responsibility for how this all unfolded then?

As RB? When he’s a Wingback at best. No.

May have been petulant in his dealings…

But which young player who moved his life down south hasn’t?

Robinson hates being shown up. If you know anyone remotely close to him, you’ll find this out.

How many senior players does he have a pop at…

Everyone at the club was surprised by how Clare performed for Burton.

Every fan you speak to on social media would love him back as he’s proved at Burton to be the player Robinson describes as what he wants. So no point listing our present midfield. How many of them would get into the Blackpool starting team in the playoffs?

Let’s hope the usual pre season we are undertaking under Robinson dosent leave us with niggling injuries and playing catch up.

As from what I’ve heard, Covid aside, we are making the same mistakes as last season and the one before that…

Why’s that I will let you all discuss…

Last edited:

Atkinson, Ruffels, *Grayson, Clare (Charlton bound), *Kelly, Hall, *Shodipo, *Barker & *Lee

Williams, Bodin

McGuane

Williams is a good replacement for Lee. Bodin on a one year deal with injury problems is probably replacing Hall. Hell of a lot of business the club need to complete the squad before Cambridge. Looking like we won’t be ready for the season and playing catch up from end of August.. I reckon.

A lot of double standards on here. some want to blame KR for the Clare situation and say the manager dented his confidence etc etc then in the next breath one of our players is wanting to be to pushed out the door as fast as possible. I bet Hanson is so looking forward to playing in front of our crowd again !
It seems pretty black and white. When kr singles out a player and gives him an ultimatum in public in such a vitriolic way, there can only be one outcome. Poor, poor man management. After his season at Burton and with a paper thin squad of first 11 players, he would have been a real asset this season.

As RB? When he’s a Wingback at best. No.

May have been petulant in his dealings…

But which young player who moved his life down south hasn’t?

Robinson hates being shown up. If you know anyone remotely close to him, you’ll find this out.

How many senior players does he have a pop at…

Everyone at the club was surprised by how Clare performed for Burton.

Every fan you speak to on social media would love him back as he’s proved at Burton to be the player Robinson describes as what he wants. So no point listing our present midfield. How many of them would get into the Blackpool starting team in the playoffs?

Let’s hope the usual pre season we are undertaking under Robinson dosent leave us with niggling injuries and playing catch up.

As from what I’ve heard, Covid aside, we are making the same mistakes as last season and the one before that…

Why’s that I will let you all discuss…
i shouldn't say this but you may be smiling in just a short time.

Where's Frank

Williams, Bodin

McGuane
As black and white as it gets, however the spin doctors want to rosy it up.
9 out
3 in.

Has Clare suddenly become a key player then after last season when everyone slagged him off. Personally I couldn’t give a f**k if we sell him.
But they didn't though did they, especially when played further forward, pretty much everyone could see he was decent.

He may not be fantastic, but he is certainly a better midfielder than a few that are still with us.

shaping up to be yet another uninspiring pre season transfer window ..... key players from last season leaving/ sold (at a knock down), and as yet still no replacements .... with only a few weeks till the seasons kicks off

its f*****g groundhog day
The nice thing about this transfer window and pre season is that nobody is shouting from the rooftops about our ambition.

There has been no statement from Tiger about our ambition, Scotchers hasnt made any outlandish statements, weve not made a big deal of kit launches etc. Hell, Karl even came out and basically said we are shite.

It means that when we have our standard poor start, it should come as less of a surprise. Its clever management. Under promise. Over deliver.

You get the odd one thinking that despite losing 20 odd goals from our side and our best defender and only left back that we are miraculously going to go one better than last year, but they are generally found shouting at cars.

Williams, Bodin

McGuane

I will pick just one hole, A. We did not lose Grayson - my god was he s**t. If we did lose him, it is a blessing

It means that when we have our standard poor start, it should come as less of a surprise. Its clever management. Under promise. Over deliver.

You get the odd one thinking that despite losing 20 odd goals from our side and our best defender and only left back that we are miraculously going to go one better than last year, but they are generally found shouting at cars
Don’t start 😉

Genuinely incredible how Clare has apparently overnight gone from a wasted wage to the lynchpin at the heart of our midfield. I get that some people seem to enjoy having a pop at KR whatever happens, but some of the u-turns on here would make Boris Johnson blush.

I would have liked to see Clare here next season. I think he showed enough last year, both fleetingly with us and obviously with Burton (not that I saw any of their games), to suggest that he has something to offer, and is usefully versatile. But 350k is a lot of money for a player who would probably be rotation at best. Assuming it's reinvested, I think that's a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom