Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the 1st goal a long shot with our rb the closest player, yates scored his goal ahead of the rb from memory too.
i was referring to the Home game. the 2nd leg goal that truly killed any real hopes of a miracle came from a back post header once again on the left side so that's 4 out of their 6 Goals at least

Oxford: Appear to need more dynamism, strength, and pace in midfield when getting outmuscled and outfought by teams

Sean Clare: Is a pacy, strong, powerful midfielder who massively impresses at Burton while picking up a few yellow cards by being combative

Oxford: Sell Sean Clare to a rival

Don’t think that’s fair to assume. Robinson set the trap nicely in the summer when he basically went, “It’s up to him if he wants to fight for a place, if he doesn’t then he can go.” As soon as he said that multiple people seemed to begin questioning the player’s attitude. What if it’s not like that at all? What if they’ve actually just fallen out or don’t get on? That’s what happened with Cameron Norman - clash of personalities, off you pop. Why does it have to be Clare’s fault if he goes, and why would his departure signal a morale-sapping attitude or a lack of desire? Who is to say that Robinson isn’t just covering his own a**e in case a player he doesn’t get on with leaves, and ends up being a good player elsewhere?

Lots of assumptions.
To clarify I wasn't trying to question his attitude at all - sometimes a player may just want a clean slate after a difficult move or has a change of heart. I haven't seen anything to evidence he has a bad attitude or that he and KR don't get on, he may well just have enjoyed himself more at Burton. I was just saying that if a rival has come in with an offer and he's said he wants to leave then we're better off just letting him go for a fee than trying to make it work and hoping for no negative repercussions. I said the same about Atkinson too.

Sean Clare was in Charlton's academy as a kid and is from the London area.
Might have something to do with this potential transfer.

I'm not in the know at all, but I would think it completely natural that Clare would be hacked off and keen to explore other options. And that doesn't mean he's a quitter and not prepared to fight for his place. Why should he feel positive about playing for Karl?

We'll probably never know the background. He may feel unappreciated, not get on with Karl, whatever. We may really need the money for someone else. We're pretty well stocked with midfielders though not with feisty ones. Wonder if this is what Karl was annoyed about? It could mean that Sykes isn't leaving.

I'm not in the know at all, but I would think it completely natural that Clare would be hacked off and keen to explore other options. And that doesn't mean he's a quitter and not prepared to fight for his place. Why should he feel positive about playing for Karl?
but by inference it's means Karl must be the problem or even that any problem exists?

We'll probably never know the background. He may feel unappreciated, not get on with Karl, whatever. We may really need the money for someone else. We're pretty well stocked with midfielders though not with feisty ones. Wonder if this is what Karl was annoyed about? It could mean that Sykes isn't leaving.
He still played him for 60minutes though. Seems odd if a transfer was in discussion.

but by inference it's means Karl must be the problem or even that any problem exists?
Not at all, I'm not itk so won't be trying to apportion blame. I'm just saying he came here and had a crap time, went somewhere else and had a great time. It is therefore understandable that he might not be feeling great about playing for us.

Hope its not a case of Tiger wanting a final few pennies before the takeover - KR obviously never Clare's biggest fan but both Sykes + Agyei played their way back in.

He was by many accounts an excellent midfielder last season, against many of these teams no doubt, so its not neccessarily surprising.

Karl did tell him to prove his worth, so he is doing (just not with us), as well as making Tiger and co a few quid to add to their Atko bonus. Win. Win.

Best wishes to the players with Covid for a swift recovery too.

Given our lack of squad depth right now - I don’t know if I should feel reassured or concerned that we are prepared to sell a young, mobile athletic player capable of playing in/covering multiple positions to rival clubs. Surely we wouldn’t let someone so versatile leave if we weren’t relatively comfortable we’ll have at least some incomings…
Allegedly not that many positions!!

Someone on Twitter is claiming the fee is 350k, not someone with any credit behind them just seems to be a random fan. If true I believe that would mean we've made a small profit? One of the ITKs can probably confirm. Given we signed McGuane for 300k I'd say that's a decent bit of business if true.

Oxford: Appear to need more dynamism, strength, and pace in midfield when getting outmuscled and outfought by teams

Sean Clare: Is a pacy, strong, powerful midfielder who massively impresses at Burton while picking up a few yellow cards by being combative

If he was so impressive how Burton didn't want to keep him or are the bright capital lights too much to resist

"Hi Charlton here, we're interested in signing Clare, how much?"
"Hi Charlton, it's Karl. No need to pay, have him for free."
Would think Karl would want the player the way our squad looks at the moment.

He's not in our best team and it seems (based on only one side of the story) he is not prepared for the challenge of breaking in to it so it's right he is sold. I thought the loan might freshen him up and he might re-invent himself so it's a surprise to me but I think there is a toxicity around him and his relationship with KR - whoever is to blame is irrelevant because once the bridge is burned, it tends to be curtains and something has to give. Managers are stubborn folk and they have to trust the player and seemingly he doesn't, in this case. Let him go and move on.

Strong, powerful?

Portsmouth are set to sign Coventry LB Brandon Mason on a season long loan to compete with Lee Brown. Their fans can want Seddon all they like but it doesn’t look like he is going there.

A few yellow cards? Try 13!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom