Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takeovers are rarely amicable in football and I think the general perception here, is that our board are all good mates, all with the same aspirations and all chuck in the same amount of money to fund it. I would bet, that's not the case. You only have to read MarkG's post on share-holdings.

No one really got to the bottom of the season ticket delay and the injection of income it would bring into the club that had no serious revenue streams, so question is/was, why the delay? Because a club with no serious income streams needs to be propped up by it's board members and investors, all having to put in their 'expected' share.

Then we sell Rob Atkinson for big money and for all we know, people might be due a return on their investments. They might not, but they might. The season ticket sales get announced late in the day and the pressures on running a football club and covering the losses, goes a way for a few days.

Any frustration from Karl I suspect is him telling the fan-base (like he has had to front up for 3 consecutive years doing) that he's sick and tired of the wranglings upstairs because it is now, impacting on him, his squad and the aspirations from a demanding supporter base who have been told we will act like a big club and want to kick on.

This isn't Karl's fault. Get the takeover f***ing sorted and let the people who want to drive it, drive it.

Just back to Rob Atkinson, my view, cracking deal and Karl probably was promised a small proportion of it. This team needed some quality additions after Blackpool, we're not good enough to challenge (which is what the investors want) and I was a little surprised with the reaction from last night when virtually a squad that has been here for a very long time and not added too, turned up and bumbled a result. We're miles away and Karl knows it.

Takeovers are rarely amicable in football and I think the general perception here, is that our board are all good mates, all with the same aspirations and all chuck in the same amount of money to fund it. I would bet, that's not the case. You only have to read MarkG's post on share-holdings.

No one really got to the bottom of the season ticket delay and the injection of income it would bring into the club that had no serious revenue streams, so question is/was, why the delay? Because a club with no serious income streams needs to be propped up by it's board members and investors, all having to put in their 'expected' share.

Then we sell Rob Atkinson for big money and for all we know, people might be due a return on their investments. They might not, but they might. The season ticket sales get announced late in the day and the pressures on running a football club and covering the losses, goes a way for a few days.

Any frustration from Karl I suspect is him telling the fan-base (like he has had to front up for 3 consecutive years doing) that he's sick and tired of the wranglings upstairs because it is now, impacting on him, his squad and the aspirations from a demanding supporter base who have been told we will act like a big club and want to kick on.

This isn't Karl's fault. Get the takeover f***ing sorted and let the people who want to drive it, drive it.

Just back to Rob Atkinson, my view, cracking deal and Karl probably was promised a small proportion of it. This team needed some quality additions after Blackpool, we're not good enough to challenge (which is what the investors want) and I was a little surprised with the reaction from last night when virtually a squad that has been here for a very long time and not added too, turned up and bumbled a result. We're miles away and Karl knows it.
This is partly true im sure but I wouldn’t read anything into the first friendly on a hot day and a weird pitch

I'm very comfortable with a bumbling victory last night, on a hot day and weird pitch. It's match one of a friendly schedule. Today we stepped up, took the same lads to a decent Salford outfit. I'm fine.

I'm very comfortable with a bumbling victory last night, on a hot day and weird pitch. It's match one of a friendly schedule. Today we stepped up, took the same lads to a decent Salford outfit. I'm fine.
I’m very glad you’re comfortable with bumbling.
Blimey.

I’m also fine and comfortable too, which is really important. Key, even.
I can completely emphasise with that. The BBQ is hot, the various kebabs ready to go, the tomato, basil and buffalo mozzarella salad ready and the wine is open, slightly chilled (it is summer) and the baked potato crisp in the oven.

Now, all I need do is shut out the sounds of the children from next door and all will be well. Where is my shot gun?

It's quite clear that until the stadium gets the green light (guarantee)Thohir etc al are stalling on extra investment in the team. If it doesn't happen soon or at all we are in for a bumpy ride.

Jack Stevens
Simon Eastwood didn’t sign a three year deal at the age of 32 to not play regular football for at least a very good chunk of that period. There is a reason he was bigged up constantly even when he wasn’t playing last season. It’s all been in plain sight for months.

If he doesn’t go this summer he will be gone by next.

See Seddon is only from just outside Oxfordshire in Wargrave so I imagine that helped us get him.

It's quite clear that until the stadium gets the green light (guarantee)Thohir etc al are stalling on extra investment in the team. If it doesn't happen soon or at all we are in for a bumpy ride.
Quite clear. Really?

No way on earth are we paying anyone 5k a week let alone 4/5 of them!!!

Around half that and maybe 3k at most is my guesstimate!

I can completely emphasise with that. The BBQ is hot, the various kebabs ready to go, the tomato, basil and buffalo mozzarella salad ready and the wine is open, slightly chilled (it is summer) and the baked potato crisp in the oven.

Now, all I need do is shut out the sounds of the children from next door and all will be well. Where is my shot gun?
That's not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom