Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really , sadly , think if that is the case we sell him for a million or so and actively bring in another centre back who is experienced, quality and on a 3 year deal .
I dont want this to happen btw
I'm with you - I hope he stays or we at least have one or two in before he goes to offer some kind of stability. At the moment, the boat has been rocked a bit in that area so we need to see the succession plan. McNally is yet to be tested on the main stage but is well integrated, settled and happy here which is half the battle. As it stands I think it's a certainty we lose Moore next summer unless we are promoted so I'd be happier if we had another long-term option in the door at some stage. But there is nearly a month to go and there really isn't any need for hysterics.

Who knows, he may be the happiest he's ever been and happy to commit to the club and play for his move and all this is hot air!

Last edited:
Surprised we haven't looked at Akin Odimayo. 21yo, CB, right footed, player of the season at Scum (not that difficult I hear you say).
He could be one to develop / replace Moore if/when Moore does leave as well as the added bonus of yet more misery piled on down the road.

Surprised we haven't looked at Akin Odimayo. 21yo, CB, right footed, player of the season at Scum (not that difficult I hear you say).
He could be one to develop / replace Moore if/when Moore does leave as well as the added bonus of yet more misery piled on down the road.
Has been offered a new contract so would attract compensation fee if he moves. Doubt it would be much though! Don't know much about him but seems like our sort of target.

Edit: apparently training with Pompey

What do we do if Moore won't sign an extension?
Sell him now so at least we get something for him ?
Be awful I know but do we risk trying to gain promotion with him but lose him for free at the end of the season ?
I thought you were all chilled about the lack of defensive cover coming in? Suddenly panicking?

I thought you were all chilled about the lack of defensive cover coming in? Suddenly panicking?
I'm very chilled still . No panicking here just wondering what the concensus was over Moore if he doesn't sign.
I'm sure come Cambridge we will have an extremely solid and talented team ready for the off !

Have to take what’s being said by the new members with a very small pinch of salt (no offence lads) they maybe in the know but it’s doubtful all these new people have signed up to give the info. My prediction is a new lb in by Friday. If not then I’m pretty concerned with the season 3 weeks away
I’ve had the same username since This Is United forum back in the day to be fair. And been a member of this forum for 3 years. Hardly signed up to post some B*****s. Some Dorset based ppl just repeating what we were told by ppl at the club at training. But I have no links to anyone in the know, so if anything has changed since Sunday I’d have no idea to be honest. But I can assure you we were told on Sunday a deal had been agreed for a fee with a left back but they had Covid currently. Whether it’s still happening now who knows, no way for me to know, but it is what we were told.

I’m sure someone with regular OUFC contacts will put us out of our misery & give us some names at some point. Before we all implode.

Last edited:
I’ve had the same username since This Is United forum back in the day to be fair. And been a member of this forum for 3 years. Hardly signed up to post some B*****s. Some Dorset based ppl just repeating what we were told by ppl at the club at training. But I have no links to anyone in the know, so if anything has changed since Sunday I’d have no idea to be honest. But I can assure you we were told on Sunday a deal had been agreed for a fee with a left back but they had Covid currently. Whether it’s still happening now who knows, no way for me to know, but it is what we were told.

I’m sure someone with regular OUFC contacts will put us out of our misery & give us some names at some point. Before we all implode.
I'm also not a new member, just don't feel the need to comment too often. I echo what you said as I heard exactly the same thing. Possibly got the exact age wrong but definitely not the type of player that fits our recruitment model. I was told he'd played at our level before and the fee is 120k. I also don't want to be classed as ITK, just thought I'd echo what I was told in a very open chat.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I'm also not a new member, just don't feel the need to comment too often. I echo what you said as I heard exactly the same thing. Possibly got the exact age wrong but definitely not the type of player that fits our recruitment model. I was told he'd played at our level before and the fee is 120k. I also don't want to be classed as ITK, just thought I'd echo what I was told in a very open chat.
‘Open’ aka *drunken*?
Anyway hope you’re right and they get on with it

“He’d played at our level before” obviously means his club are not in our league. Could be Seddon but he’s only 23, which would fit our model.

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that. I’m hoping that a settled squad allows us to hit the ground running, and get a step ahead of clubs with larger budgets who have had big summer turnovers - Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth...

We have lost two clubs with bigger budgets (Posh, Hull) but replaced them with Wednesday and Rotherham. Wigan would certainly jump above us in the budget table, Ipswich and Charlton would already be above us but would now be further ahead.

I suspect we’ve dropped a few places but still have the budget and circumstances to target the playoffs.
I would say we are now mid table budget wise

So I rarely comment but I think we need to be careful that we don’t create some belief that last year we were a goal scoring machine and the loss of Lee and Shodipo has sent us backwards. Both added goals but neither came with a reputation - in fact Shodipo had never scored in a professional game.
So I think the question is more about what the squad, including new signings and current players can score, than a simple analysis of what we have lost. Brannagain now goals last year, but gets 5 - 10 this coming year or Winnall finds his scoring boots and bags 10 league goals - and suddenly no one will worry that we have lost Lee or Shodipo. Let’s look forward not back.

So I rarely comment but I think we need to be careful that we don’t create some belief that last year we were a goal scoring machine and the loss of Lee and Shodipo has sent us backwards. Both added goals but neither came with a reputation - in fact Shodipo had never scored in a professional game.
So I think the question is more about what the squad, including new signings and current players can score, than a simple analysis of what we have lost. Brannagain now goals last year, but gets 5 - 10 this coming year or Winnall finds his scoring boots and bags 10 league goals - and suddenly no one will worry that we have lost Lee or Shodipo. Let’s look forward not back.

The problem with Winnall scoring 10 goals is that it would be at the expense of Taylor's goals as they do not play together. To me he is an expensive luxury.

The problem with Winnall scoring 10 goals is that it would be at the expense of Taylor's goals as they do not play together. To me he is an expensive luxury.

It's not quite that simple. If Winnall is fully fit then he's likely to play in rotation with Taylor. One may do the hard yards for an hour whilst the other gets the goal against a tiring defence. But neither are likely to be able to play 90 minutes, week in, week out, to the level of intensity that we'd want.

It's not unreasonable to see Taylor getting 15+ and Winnall 10 hitting double figures rather than having the mythical 20 goal a season striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom