Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact Karl has allowed Shodipo to go elsewhere suggests he has better irons in the fire. I fell sure Shodipo would have opted for Oxford had he been given the chance. We will see. I am hopeful.
What do you mean
Karl allowed?
It has nothing to do with him as Shopido is a QPR player, Karl may have enquired about him but very rarely do you get a loan player two seasons on the trot
It also shows that even after doing very well for us QPR don’t feel he’s Championship standard yet

The OM have just published a story re Robson and have mentioned that talks with another left back are progressing well. Seddon, Tomlinson, or someone else?

The OM have just published a story re Robson and have mentioned that talks with another left back are progressing well. Seddon, Tomlinson, or someone else?
Robson and Tomlinson would be unreal

Seddon is an interesting one if that has any legs. If my limited knowledge serves right, he’s been doing the hokey cokey at Birmingham for a while - they seem to want to keep him at arms length almost afraid to let him go elsewhere permanently in case it comes back to bite them. Might be one that hasn’t really had his ‘big break’ in a settled environment which so often turns these ‘nearly’ players in to real assets.

Any of the 3 welcome in my eyes! Maybe even 2 👀

• React
Reactions: Ian
What do you mean
Karl allowed?
It has nothing to do with him as Shopido is a QPR player, Karl may have enquired about him but very rarely do you get a loan player two seasons on the trot
It also shows that even after doing very well for us QPR don’t feel he’s Championship standard yet
By ‘ allowed’ I mean ( obviously) that had he really wanted Shodipo he would have pushed QPR harder and Shodipo would have preferred a club where he was a success, played regularly, new the lads and manager and was nearer his home. Maybe he felt, as I do, that his goal return flattered him and that his overall contribution was less evident.

Shodipo is a player that scored lots whilst otherwise contributing little to the team, then played a more disciplined role but stopped scoring before getting it together right at the end of the season.

I'd have been happy signing him, and think he'll do well at Wednesday, but equally I'd be confident that knowing the way he plays we can easily handle him when we meet. Keeping him on the outside, and don't let him drift into a central position to attack crosses from the right and he has little left.
Agree with that, but if he manages to combine both aspects to his game at the same time he could be a very dangerous player.

What do you mean
Karl allowed?

yes I was a bit confused by that too ! Nice of Robinson to dictate where another clubs player can go !!!

Shodipo is a player that scored lots whilst otherwise contributing little to the team, then played a more disciplined role but stopped scoring before getting it together right at the end of the season.

I'd have been happy signing him, and think he'll do well at Wednesday, but equally I'd be confident that knowing the way he plays we can easily handle him when we meet. Keeping him on the outside, and don't let him drift into a central position to attack crosses from the right and he has little left.
Yep, those ten goals will be easy to find elsewhere our squad is positively brimming with goals!!

Yep, those ten goals will be easy to find elsewhere our squad is positively brimming with goals

Yep, those ten goals will be easy to find elsewhere our squad is positively brimming with goals
Shodipo was ok on most occasions good on others he wasn’t amazing so to enjoy some chicken oh and I suppose your supporting Italy tonight just for some more attention

I'd have been happy signing him, and think he'll do well at Wednesday, but equally I'd be confident that knowing the way he plays we can easily handle him when we meet. Keeping him on the outside, and don't let him drift into a central position to attack crosses from the right and he has little left
"Otherwise contributing little to the team" .....................except doing the thing that wins matches ............. scoring goals.

"Otherwise contributing little to the team" .....................except doing the thing that wins matches ............. scoring goals.
Hence the opening line!!!

It takes a special kind of idiot to select the one part of the sentence to use against me whilst deliberately ignoring the bit that says exactly the same as you!!!

The point being is that Shodipo faced criticism on here, probably from yourself, for looking disinterested despite his scoring record. He then played a little more for the team, but his goals dried up. Put the two things together and you've got a fantastic player. Either, or, and he is found wanting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom