Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
But either way, he’s a massive part of this club, and is proving his worth amongst the coaching staff, so if it doesn’t work out for him on the pitch, I’m very happy he’ll still be remaining heavily involved.
I agree with that whole heartedly - it's potentially the squad size limit that is the fly in the ointment here.

Jack Tucker, centre back at Gillingham is another that we're looking at.

Apparently had interest from Peterborough and Hull, but we have a very good link to his Unique Sports Management agency so maybe that will help.

I expect a lot of activity throughout league one this week with all the covid protocols completed last week, things will start ratcheting up. With the Atkinson money burning a hole in our pockets, I'd expect Jamie Robson to be a done deal and would hope that will be a big step closer to get the next centre back in.

Things have gone quiet with Nicky Cadden despite interest in January and talks at the end of the season. Nathan Holland was also in our thinking, but the PL clubs are not fully back with the Euros still going and could be a later deal if it happens.

Attachments

• 8DD1C09D-D590-4758-BEA0-987B6C451A32.jpeg
    8DD1C09D-D590-4758-BEA0-987B6C451A32.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 151
A friend of mine in the US supports Gillingham. This is what he had to say on the subject

Woodburn wasn’t much cop

Was that because he suffered two horrendous injuries? He actually did reasonably well but let's not pick holes in someone's opinion and for someone who wasn't much cop he got back in and around the Champions first team squad.

Still no sign of Hanson or Osei-Yaw in the new pre-season bits on the website/twitter today.
Or Stevens for that matter - but hoping that's just because he's always with the keepers.

Slavi Spasov is back out on the pitches doing his own recovery programme which is good news for him.

Still no sign of Hanson or Osei-Yaw in the new pre-season bits on the website/twitter today.
Or Stevens for that matter - but hoping that's just because he's always with the keepers.

Slavi Spasov is back out on the pitches doing his own recovery programme which is good news for him.

Sulley not?

Was that because he suffered two horrendous injuries? He actually did reasonably well but let's not pick holes in someone's opinion and for someone who wasn't much cop he got back in and around the Champions first team squad.
Blackpool sent him packing and I didn’t see that much in him at the moment, maybe in a couple of years possibly.

Iam sure we have got a few surprises yet to come in. But it's going to be very competitive this year there will be alot of money going around in league one so we've got to be patient. But Karl and his staff will have a big sway with clubs for loan players .

But why don't we have the cover? because players are sold or let go and then we have to scrape around finding replacements.

Bristol City have got their man, we've let him go without a replacement, so they get on with their pre season whilst we get the fishing rods out again. Could we have agreed the deal but said he goes nowhere until we have a replacement in the building? Better not do things on our terms with a player under contract we might lose the ££££££.

so as above in bold only now we need 5 or 4 at a stretch
To be fair we didn't scrape around trying to find replacements we took ages and ages. Jesus all the chat on here about additional defenders needed was longer than the full game of thrones box set.
It’s more about being organised and planning ahead. Again this season we and the club knew Atkinson and Ruffs were likely to leave. A well organised club has replacements all but ready to go. But again being fair we still have time left but it’s running out.
What is wrong for me is everything we seem to do in the transfer market is protracted. So its not the selling of player that is the problem it’s our cumbersome transfer process.

Yet KR still eventually manages to put a winning team together with what he’s got!

To be honest in some cases the replacement is already in the building and integrated with the squad so you can’t be much more organised than that. And I’m certain the club always has a shortlist they work through but you can’t always be sure who is available when you need to replace someone so it’s not quite as simple as one in, one out within days of each other. And as I’ve said previously, there really is plenty of time!!

The only issue comes when the sale of a player comes a little sooner than the replacement is ready for action which is a bigger issue in defenders than attackers and that might be where we are with McNally. We could throw him in, but we shouldn’t. I don’t like a player being thrown in and having to sink or swim - I would rather we view him as Moore’s replacement next summer (assuming he doesn’t renew) and add someone now that’s ready to go in, but still with that sell-on potential.

Sorry, but Mous *had* lost a lot of pace when we last saw him fit. Especially when having to chase back or turn. And he hasn't got any younger in the meantime. In two years time? I hate to think.

It's not a criticism of him personally (age takes it's toll on us all!), but we all saw it with our own eyes. As a coach he seems highly regarded and he seems like a bright guy. But as a player (with the nominated senior squad number restriction) he'd be would be taking up a slot I'd *hope* we could use for a player who would be useful in more than a dire emergency. Unless of course he is not nominated as one of that squad. In which case it would make sense...
Depends when you consider him last fit, was apparently playing with an ACL injury for 3 months.

Seeing more and more about our interest in Will Boyle. Would be a great signing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom