Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loan system is a bit of a lottery IMO. For every good loan there is a poor one and that works both ways. For every Roofe there is a Crowley, for every Buckley-Ricketts there is a Browne.

Which is fine - you just cannot *rely* on loans as the backbone of your team.

The loan system is a bit of a lottery IMO. For every good loan there is a poor one and that works both ways. For every Roofe there is a Crowley, for every Buckley-Ricketts there is a Browne.

Which is fine - you just cannot *rely* on loans as the backbone of your team.

That's true but our strike rate isn't bad.

Last season hits would be Barker, Lee, McGuane and Shodipo. Last season's stinkers include Kelly and Grayson.

The season previous wasn't bad either.

Loan hits included Taylor, Woodburn, Cadden, Holland and Browne. The stinkers were Thorne (debatable to suggest Kelly was a stinker that season).

The thing with Mous is everyone has completely written him off because of his age and injury - but 2019/20 he had a decent season before Moore usurped his starting position, and I don't remember him looking particularly out of place in the games he played last season either. I might be wrong and his knee may be completely shot, but as a 4th choice CB/coach I think this is ok. Coming in alongside McNally/Elechi in PJT games to coach them in game will be valuable for them too. I'm sure some will panic that this means we're using Mous as our replacement for Atkinson but this is good IMO.

The thing with Mous is everyone has completely written him off because of his age and injury - but 2019/20 he had a decent season before Moore usurped his starting position, and I don't remember him looking particularly out of place in the games he played last season either. I might be wrong and his knee may be completely shot, but as a 4th choice CB/coach I think this is ok. Coming in alongside McNally/Elechi in PJT games to coach them in game will be valuable for them too. I'm sure some will panic that this means we're using Mous as our replacement for Atkinson but this is good IMO.
Yeah me. I really hope he isn't Atkinson's replacement but I fear he will be. His legs are gone, strange decision to award him a two year contract. Appreciate he's an intelligent bloke and he's good to have around the place but his days of keeping clean sheets are long gone.

What, an ex Swedish full international with a Championship wannabe!? 🤣
Repeat rinse repeat rinse

Has that shown signs of working? You among a few of us stand up for KR but how are we expected to hit the ground running and could we have a better chance with a constant back 5 / 6? players that worked well together in the main last season?

You know i know we all know that the flak will once again be aimed at our manager if we so much as drop a few points early doors.

We all know and understand how difficult it can be putting deals together yet we allow ourselves to be put in the same position each summer.

I ask again forget the play offs, when you're 15-20+ pts from the Autos do you address that or tick along on the same level replacing like for like which we've done in 2 out of 3 incomings to date when the noise from the club after Blackpool was the need to be stronger and better

Let me ask you this as someone who hears the odd thing or 2. As great as it was to see a talent like Brandon Barker in a yellow shirt was there or has there been any attempt either during discussions last season or since seasons end to bring him here? if not why not
Good points, but you know scotchy, even if we are in the same position as we have found ourselves the last few years, down near the bottom end, he'll still have a twinkle in his eye for kr.:ROFLMAO:

Yeah me. I really hope he isn't Atkinson's replacement but I fear he will be. His legs are gone, strange decision to award him a two year contract. Appreciate he's an intelligent bloke and he's good to have around the place but his days of keeping clean sheets are long gone.
Surely to god, even kr isn't that short sighted as to see mous as a direct replacement.

Must be connected to coaching, no other explanation. Not fit or good enough for a first-team place as the moment...a two-year contract taking him to 37 years of age as a central defender? Chiellini he isn't.
I really, really, REALLY hope that this is for the odd outing in the JPT only.

Just Rob Hall to announce and that's our business done for this week.

Maybe I'm not remembering something but - what evidence is there his legs are gone? Just his age and injury? Admittedly that combo doesn't breed confidence, but he looked ok in the cup games he played last season and pre-season reports are he's doing ok for a comeback. I agree as anything more than 4th choice we'd be bonkers, but KR said in an interview last week we're looking for a LCB and we've been linked with a few so I assume it'll be McNally as 3rd choice and Mous as fourth, potentially even 5th behind Sam Long now Forde has resigned to cover RB.

I really hope he isn't Atkinson's replacement but I fear he will be.
You really are off your head, aren’t you? There is NO WAY ON EARTH the club would expect Mous to come back into the side and play over 40 games a season. Atkinsons replacement will be signed in the next few weeks, and we also have McNally to come into the squad!

Maybe Robbo thinks McNally as a better player than Atkinson , and Mous is 3rd choice behind Moore and McNally . Who knows as we haven’t seen him play

Mous's knee went, not his legs. He is one of the fittest players at the club and has been in a very carefully planned rehab programme for months to get him ready for preseason.

As Left Side said, he is not being used to replace Atkinson. He is here as an very highly experienced squad player who can be relied upon to come in for cup games or if Moore, McNally and the new signing are unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom