Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty Taylor is 31/32 this season. Is it reasonable to expect him to play every single minute of every single game, potentially quite deep in 4 competitions?
Yes but I think Dan deserves more than just to be an understudy. To get more game time he’d need to start some games on the right.

Jake scrimshaw the Bournemouth lad is one I would like us to look at .on loan at Newport last season a center forward and can play left wing . Tore us a new one 2 years ago in the youth games that I watched .
The club are obviously well aware of him, is he really ready for L1 though didn’t exactly do great in L2. Callum Morton was one I wanted us to go for last summer, he was great for Northampton in L2 but didn’t have anything like the same impact in L1.

The club are obviously well aware of him, is he really ready for L1 though didn’t exactly do great in L2. Callum Morton was one I wanted us to go for last summer, he was great for Northampton in L2 but didn’t have anything like the same impact in L1.

Tbf, Callum Morton spent a fair chunk of the last season injured I think.

You could be right but as many have said that our youth players deserve a chance next season and they played against this lad and they couldn’t get anywhere near him . After watching the game against Bournemouth he was way above anything else on the pitch and I expected him to really do well at Newport where he done ok . But maybe needs a bit more time

You could be right but as many have said that our youth players deserve a chance next season and they played against this lad and they couldn’t get anywhere near him . After watching the game against Bournemouth he was way above anything else on the pitch and I expected him to really do well at Newport where he done ok . But maybe needs a bit more time

Stating the obvious but players develop at different speeds and none of the centre backs that struggled against him are still at the club now Nico Jones has left. He may well develop but he wasn't that impressive in the games I saw him on TV with Walsall, albeit the odd game isn't really indicative. It was noticeable that at youth level he was physically dominant in the games against Oxford but in those games I watched, he didn't have that physical dominance.

It’s all about coping with the step up isn’t it. Some players thrive staraight away some take a year or two to adapt, unfortunately some never make the step up. Look at Roofe for example several pretty poor loans then it all clicked for him once he arrived here.

Some good and and not so good news involving players in the next few days depending on your point of view of course.

And there was I thinking you were in the know

I've said last week that Sykes will likely leave, and sooner rather than late. So if we've got anyone leaving it's probably him. Equally, haven't heard anything about Forde agreeing to his contract extension so could be him looking elsewhere.

Incoming, I mentioned Cadden and Ogilvie earlier as players were certainly looking at, but also wouldn't be surprised to see us bringing in someone like Elliott Lee or Nathan Holland as players we know and would benefit from long preseason.

But nothing guaranteed yet!

I've said last week that Sykes will likely leave, and sooner rather than late. So if we've got anyone leaving it's probably him. Equally, haven't heard anything about Forde agreeing to his contract extension so could be him looking elsewhere.

Incoming, I mentioned Cadden and Ogilvie earlier as players were certainly looking at, but also wouldn't be surprised to see us bringing in someone like Elliott Lee or Nathan Holland as players we know and would benefit from long preseason.

But nothing guaranteed yet!

There is never ever any meat on the bones of your transfer rumours. It’s all might be or maybe or likely. Give us a new name, never mentioned before. Look at your post above, an absolute joke ! Nothing on there that the rest of us couldn’t have speculated on. So we need a new left back, a decent one becomes available in L1 on a free and shock ! horror ! you say we are interested ! Really ? I’d never have guessed that !

There is never ever any meat on the bones of your transfer rumours. It’s all might be or maybe or likely. Give us a new name, never mentioned before. Look at your post above, an absolute joke ! Nothing on there that the rest of us couldn’t have speculated on. So we need a new left back, a decent one becomes available in L1 on a free and shock ! horror ! you say we are interested ! Really ? I’d never have guessed that !
Ignore them then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom