Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t somebody say Ogilvie had already agreed a move elsewhere? I assume nothing came of that. Would be a very good signing.

For God's sake delete that before RB sees it!
WEll, maybe a bit of trolling here, but Dan is an exciting player and I just don’t think he’ll get on the pitch enough if he’s only meant to be a centre forward. He’s not a winger but has done well to the right of the central striker.
I’ve given up on him ever being used in his actual position, no matter how many important goals and assists he gets when he’s more central compared to stuck on the wing. Troll away. He’s getting released on a free next summer anyway.

Depending on the news re season ticket prices I might not be at games to care anyway. Maybe I’ll take up a new hobby. Yoga? Sheep shearing? Train spotting? Let’s look forward with optimism.

WEll, maybe a bit of trolling here, but Dan is an exciting player and I just don’t think he’ll get on the pitch enough if he’s only meant to be a centre forward. He’s not a winger but has done well to the right of the central striker.
He’s also done very well as a central striker, and should be first replacement for Taylor, coming on for the last 15-20 mins of games, as well as rotating in and out of the team with him when we play 2 games a week, and cups etc. But he won’t!

Didn’t somebody say Ogilvie had already agreed a move elsewhere? I assume nothing came of that. Would be a very good signing.
He'll be on the radar of a number of clubs, and you'd think that Forest would take a look after missing out on Ruffels. Apparently Blackburn also made enquiries last summer so he won't necessarily take the first offer and I'm not sure that Robinson can afford to wait.

Strangely, also heard James Husband mentioned from Blackpool who will certainly add strength - thought he was a nasty bastard in the playoffs!! Googled it and it seems that he has an option of another year, but don't know if he's taken that up or whether they will be looking at strengthening for the Championship.

He'll be on the radar of a number of clubs, and you'd think that Forest would take a look after missing out on Ruffels. Apparently Blackburn also made enquiries last summer so he won't necessarily take the first offer and I'm not sure that Robinson can afford to wait.

Strangely, also heard James Husband mentioned from Blackpool who will certainly add strength - thought he was a nasty bastard in the playoffs!! Googled it and it seems that he has an option of another year, but don't know if he's taken that up or whether they will be looking at strengthening for the Championship.
Your googling needs to be better ;)

2 hours ago - https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/husband-agrees-new-contract/

• React
Reactions: Ian
I’ve given up on him ever being used in his actual position, no matter how many important goals and assists he gets when he’s more central compared to stuck on the wing. Troll away. He’s getting released on a free next summer anyway.

Depending on the news re season ticket prices I might not be at games to care anyway. Maybe I’ll take up a new hobby. Yoga? Sheep shearing? Train spotting? Let’s look forward with optimism.
Well I thought you loved Matt Taylor. Dan is probably not going to displace him so needs to be used more in a different position.

He has scored some important goals when playing from wide positions too, particularly the right. I know it doesn't fit the narrative for those who feel he should only be playing centrally but facts are facts.

Come on... look at the number of games he has played in either positions, he is a CM who has played some games at RB, not the other way around.

I think we're in agreement, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but we can't assume it's an attitude problem with him, and I don't think we should ignore his potential as a good CM for us just because we signed him as a RB
Wrong -

More to the point, why aren’t we looking at Stockley?
The asking price is high when we already have Taylor and Agyei in the club. If it were a position we need a first team player in we probably would be looking. 3-500k plus addons are what Preston are after, it would be foolish to splash that kind of money when Taylor scored 18 last season and we have a dire need for a first team LB and LW still hanging over us. We have a better budget but after spending 300k on McGuane, I'd guess we only have the budget for one more 'big money' signing.

I'd be surprised if Stockley was in our budget. He'd also cost a fee, and I don;t think we're in the market for paying 6 figure sums (this is a guess) for 27 year old strikers, however good they may be.

Taylor is our 20 goal a season striker. The one we want is a foil who also scores 10-15.

He has scored some important goals when playing from wide positions too, particularly the right. I know it doesn't fit the narrative for those who feel he should only be playing centrally but facts are facts.

Portsmouth away was a game where he was superb centrally, but his best spell came towards the end of the seaaon whilst playing wide right in 30 minute spells. I know players can drift out from central positions, but his starting position when he scored against Swindon was on the left flank. Against Northampton he scored after coming in from the right. He also looks good coming across players from wider positions too. I certainly wouldn't be against Agyei playing as a lone striker, but it's hard to argue against his effectiveness on the right of a front 3.

Well I thought you loved Matt Taylor. Dan is probably not going to displace him so needs to be used more in a different position.
Matty Taylor is 31/32 this season. Is it reasonable to expect him to play every single minute of every single game, potentially quite deep in 4 competitions?

Portsmouth away was a game where he was superb centrally, but his best spell came towards the end of the seaaon whilst playing wide right in 30 minute spells. I know players can drift out from central positions, but his starting position when he scored against Swindon was on the left flank. Against Northampton he scored after coming in from the right. He also looks good coming across players from wider positions too. I certainly wouldn't be against Agyei playing as a lone striker, but it's hard to argue against his effectiveness on the right of a front 3.
I see him a lot like a Rashford type (only stronger), in that he can play across the front three, and probably even as a 10. I think he played there a couple times in a diamond when we were chasing games and did well. He's really good across all the attacking positions, but it yet to really master any of them just yet. He's not far off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom