Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me laugh when people come on here stating that certain players haven’t got a good record on goals scored/ chances created.
Mide Shopido had NEVER scored in first team football before he came here.
Give players a chance, could be any number of reasons why they don’t fit into a club.

Makes me laugh when people come on here stating that certain players haven’t got a good record on goals scored/ chances created.
Mide Shopido had NEVER scored in first team football before he came here.
Give players a chance, could be any number of reasons why they don’t fit into a club.
The basic level of stats can be very misleading, for example a winger could make ten great crosses that are headed on and then put into the net but wouldn’t count as assists. I think the real data analysts use more granular figures

I sometime wonder about the thinking of some on here, but just spotted a Facebook post on a random OUFC page.

"So John lundstram has been released by Sheffield.....would you have him back ?"

First reply....

"Nope"

A player that most of us had our fantasy football teams a season back, someone who can play in that deeper midfield role but with an exceptional range of passes and a genuine top class box to box midfielder?

Nope!!!

Give some of our fans the moon on a stick and they'd moan that the stick was to wrong colour!!!

* and I know that we have zero chance of getting Lundstram before anyone starts!!!!
Gotta love things like that.

People last year said they wouldn’t have Toni Martinez back here. He got 10 goals in 30 appearances (mainly sub appearances) for Porto last season!

Gotta love things like that.

People last year said they wouldn’t have Toni Martinez back here. He got 10 goals in 30 appearances (mainly sub appearances) for Porto last season!
As much as some people love to mention old names, some others seem to strangely hate the idea of any ex player coming back in any capacity... it’s strange! Let’s have anyone who’s better than what we currently have, regardless of whether they’ve played for us before or not!!

Oh come off of it! These are professional sportsmen! Ruffels had a shocker, because he’s Ruffels. Nothing to do with KR. If fatigue is such a problem, why didn’t Elliott Moore have a shocker? Ruffels, as was the case whenever he was up against a decent attack, was shown to be bang average. Believe it or not, and this may surprise you, not everything is KR’s fault…
You’ve been taken in by the Robbo Propaganda carousel of excuses! I know Ruffs is bang average but that performance in the first leg was shocking! I think it’s Robbo’s fault for not having an alternative for him earlier on

You’ve been taken in by the Robbo Propaganda carousel of excuses! I know Ruffs is bang average but that performance in the first leg was shocking! I think it’s Robbo’s fault for not having an alternative for him earlier on
I suppose it’s Robbo’s fault the sky is blue and the grass is green 😁

Oh come off of it! These are professional sportsmen! Ruffels had a shocker, because he’s Ruffels. Nothing to do with KR. If fatigue is such a problem, why didn’t Elliott Moore have a shocker? Ruffels, as was the case whenever he was up against a decent attack, was shown to be bang average. Believe it or not, and this may surprise you, not everything is KR’s fault…
I personally think fatigue had a part to play at the end of season. I actually think both CBs looked tired towards the end. We conceded 6 goals in two matches. The lack of cover in terms of left back and centre back throughout the season was ridiculous. Not sure what the scientific basis for your view is, that being a professional sports person means you shouldn't experience fatigue ?

I personally think fatigue had a part to play at the end of season. I actually think both CBs looked tired towards the end. We conceded 6 goals in two matches. The lack of cover in terms of left back and centre back throughout the season was ridiculous. Not sure what the scientific basis for your view is, that being a professional sports person means you shouldn't experience fatigue ?
There is something in that but our failure in the first leg was collective, not just the defence.

No, it means you should be capable of fulfilling your duties to the best of your ability. Despite our lack of cover, as a professional footballer, playing every game of a league season, shouldn’t really be too much to ask? Maybe I’m being overly simplistic here, but that’s their job? Elliott Moore did it, and I bet you, if he was able to, Sam Long would have done the same! Every single one of us would give our left arm to play in a game like that so being tired, doesn’t really wash with me. No player should be knackered for a massive game like the play-offs!

The performance that Ruffels put in across both play-offs legs were similar to another 5 or 6 across the league season. Yes, fatigue is obviously a factor. Do I think that Ruffels played that badly because he was tired? Absolutely not. It’s something we’ve all seen before..

Orrrr, how about this: A player performs to the level that they are expected to, and they do the job that they are paid to do? Crazy thought, but give it a go..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom