Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remind me who is that player that often breaks up play with interceptions / sets up / keeps attacks going when opposition break from our set pieces ?

A vital part of the game that goes unnoticed

The same player who can take 2/3 opponents out of the game with one superb bit of skill

The same player who links up well with Long, Henry, Agyei down the right hand side

Is it Hanson?

I would be more than happy with Harrison. Very strong powerful player. Not prolific but would be a great partner for Taylor. Is there better out there? Yes probably. Is better available and affordable? Doubtful

£300k for Sykes?? take the money, run and never look back. A midfielder with 0 goals and hardly any assists….
Agree, as long as we get a sell on. Still think there’s more to come from him. Every chance it could drop into place if he finds the right club, manager and role.

£300k +20% sell on.

Agree, as long as we get a sell on. Still think there’s more to come from him. Every chance it could drop into place if he finds the right club, manager and role.

£300k +20% sell on.
Which then begs the question why let him go, he got the public bollocking and along with Agyei responded well and looked the part in the last few months including Man of the Match performances.

People talk about Goals as the though that's all that matters but importantly he never hides and still made excellent runs to get into goal scoring positions

Which then begs the question why let him go, he got the public bollocking and along with Agyei responded well and looked the part in the last few months including Man of the Match performances.

People talk about Goals as the though that's all that matters but importantly he never hides and still made excellent runs to get into goal scoring positions
If the rumoured fee is to be believed, 300k is too much to turn down. He’s got the potential, but for that money, we can bring in someone that’s established and ready to hit the ground running!

If the rumoured fee is to be believed, 300k is too much to turn down. He’s got the potential, but for that money, we can bring in someone that’s established and ready to hit the ground running!
and yet at least one of our promotion rivals and one fresh from new investment with scope to look elsewhere are after him and prepared to invest

and yet at least one of our promotion rivals and one fresh from new investment with scope to look elsewhere are after him and prepared to invest
Would you rather have McGuane in your team, or Sykes? It’s a no brainier. I’m not really bothered what Ipswich do, because let’s be honest, they’re another Sunderland waiting to happen.

Take the money and run when it comes to Sykes! He has had enough time to progress and he hasn’t managed to develop into a regular starter.
He is a confident lad who believes in himself but I think he might get a slight shock to the system if he thinks he is good enough to step up a level right now.
People talk about him playing well at the end of the season but was that due to needing a contract/knowing clubs might be watching him?

Take the money and run when it comes to Sykes! He has had enough time to progress and he hasn’t managed to develop into a regular starter.
He is a confident lad who believes in himself but I think he might get a slight shock to the system if he thinks he is good enough to step up a level right now.
People talk about him playing well at the end of the season but was that due to needing a contract/knowing clubs might be watching him?
Don’t agree that you will play better because clubs are watching you and because you need a contract
Surely every time you get on the pitch you want to have your best ever game and if you weren’t trying for whatever reason the manager wouldn’t play you at all
I play walking football for OUFC doesn’t matter if it’s training or a tournament I want to play to the best of my ability that is true for any player anywhere

Would we take Baptiste on loan? Can’t see him getting near Brentford’s starting 11, now that they’re in the PL.

Would we take Baptiste on loan? Can’t see him getting near Brentford’s starting 11, now that they’re in the PL.

Given he injured his knee again (and required surgery), I wouldn't expect him to be back to full training in time for the start of the season. Possible candidate for January?

Given he injured his knee again (and required surgery), I wouldn't expect him to be back to full training in time for the start of the season. Possible candidate for January?
Didn’t realise he was out for so long. What a bit of business that was! 😅👌🏼

Would you rather have McGuane in your team, or Sykes? It’s a no brainier. I’m not really bothered what Ipswich do, because let’s be honest, they’re another Sunderland waiting to happen.
but it's not an either or is it? Both are already in the building, both played in the same team?

He has a year left on his contract. Do we take the risk that he turns into a world beater in the next year, and is also then of the mindset to sign a new deal rather than go to a 'bigger' club?

My two cents on Sykes would be that he's always been that cliche of a square peg in a round hole for us. He doesn't quite have the physicality to play in CM (I appreciate he had some excellent games in the run-in, but against the very best sides in this division he was overrun), and he doesn't have the end product or pace to play as an out-and-out winger. He's a natural 10, which we don't play with.

I really like Sykes, I like his tenacity and cheekiness on the ball (how many other players we've had in recent history try pirouettes and dragbacks to the same extent he does?). But while he's a useful depth player, and can be a match-winner against the middling-to-poor teams in this league, I don't think we play in a way that really suits him. 300k for a rotation player is a no brainer for me.

Plus, as someone said above, I'd love to see LCP given more chances as the rotation player in CM in the coming season. I think he's going to be absolutely quality.

Will the budget be increased further, now that Erik is taking over? Or do we continue as we have, and wait for the stadium first, and then Push up the pyramid.

Will the budget be increased further, now that Erik is taking over? Or do we continue as we have, and wait for the stadium first, and then Push up the pyramid.
Don’t forget that if we get greatly increased funding we would be up st the level of Ipswich and Sunderland. It’s no guarantee we’d progress.

Hearing Sykes might not be the only midfielder on the move, a certain James Henry is subject of interest. Decent source who's had plenty right in the past windows.

Contracted and might be hard to turn down a bid for decent money considering his age, I love Henry and would be disappointed if he left, but he's definitely on the decline physically.

Hearing Sykes might not be the only midfielder on the move, a certain James Henry is subject of interest. Decent source who's had plenty right in the past windows.

Contracted and might be hard to turn down a bid for decent money considering his age, I love Henry and would be disappointed if he left, but he's definitely on the decline physically.
If someone offered us any kind of decent money for Henry I’d bite their hand off. He’s not got long left at a decent level surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom