Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions on Williams from a Pompey fan:
‘Zero end product, ok squad player
Started in a highly productive front 4 and mostly as like a second striker, and somehow barely got a goal contribution
He’s rapid and works really hard so there is a time and a place for him, but he’s just simply not a starter at this level (for a play off+ team anyway)’
sounds like sykes.

Started in a highly productive front 4 and mostly as like a second striker, and somehow barely got a goal contribution
He’s rapid and works really hard so there is a time and a place for him, but he’s just simply not a starter at this level (for a play off+ team anyway)’
Said a Pompey fan knowing full well he rejected them. Hardly going to be dishing out a glowing reference, unless his name was SouthCoastScotchers of course.

Is it too early to start the .. have we signed anyone yet? 😀

Weird appraisal considering he started most games for Portsmouth this season and they've been in an around the play-offs for the last couple of seasons now.

Weird appraisal considering he started most games for Portsmouth this season and they've been in an around the play-offs for the last couple of seasons now.
You would get similar about Henry, Agyei, Taylor etc from an OUFC grump who didn't like that particular player. As you say he's played a lot for them. We'll just have to make up our own minds!

All this talk about 4 wingers. How about 4 full backs this year rather than flogging Sam Long to death in every position when we need cover or shoe-horning Hanson into left back. Really hope Robinson realised that the fatigue he talked about affected Ruffels in the playoff game and he ended up having a shocker simply because Robinson never eased the load for him throughout the season. Please, please prioritise a replacement AND some cover in full back areas.

Really hope Robinson realised that the fatigue he talked about affected Ruffels in the playoff game and he ended up having a shocker simply because Robinson never eased the load for him throughout the season.
Oh come off of it! These are professional sportsmen! Ruffels had a shocker, because he’s Ruffels. Nothing to do with KR. If fatigue is such a problem, why didn’t Elliott Moore have a shocker? Ruffels, as was the case whenever he was up against a decent attack, was shown to be bang average. Believe it or not, and this may surprise you, not everything is KR’s fault…

I sometime wonder about the thinking of some on here, but just spotted a Facebook post on a random OUFC page.

"So John lundstram has been released by Sheffield.....would you have him back ?"

First reply....

"Nope"

A player that most of us had our fantasy football teams a season back, someone who can play in that deeper midfield role but with an exceptional range of passes and a genuine top class box to box midfielder?

Nope!!!

Give some of our fans the moon on a stick and they'd moan that the stick was to wrong colour!!!

* and I know that we have zero chance of getting Lundstram before anyone starts!!!!

I sometime wonder about the thinking of some on here, but just spotted a Facebook post on a random OUFC page.

"So John lundstram has been released by Sheffield.....would you have him back ?"

First reply....

"Nope"

A player that most of us had our fantasy football teams a season back, someone who can play in that deeper midfield role but with an exceptional range of passes and a genuine top class box to box midfielder?

Nope!!!

Give some of our fans the moon on a stick and they'd moan that the stick was to wrong colour!!!

* and I know that we have zero chance of getting Lundstram before anyone starts!!!!
Not for me. Could do better. Need more strength, play 4-4-2 [etc]

First reply....

"Nope"

Nope!!!

I saw that and thought to comment but couldn't be bothered ...I do love a realistic supporter 😆

First reply....

"Nope"

Nope!!!

The sort that play FIFA because Football Manager is too difficult 🤯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom