Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to note while we’re discussing whether Pompey rated him or not, Williams has played 91 games for them.

I’d argue with one of the previous comments that Williams doesn’t offer extreme pace, that’s one of the things I would say he definitely offers.

Ryan Williams is one of those players that you would rather have him playing for you than against. A good league 1 player but probably not good enough for the championship. I’d still be more than happy if we signed him.

Pompey have been trimming their budget and it is partly the Cowleys rebuilding the squad. The Cowleys have a habit of offering reduced terms to players they aren't that bothered about keeping but if they do stay then fine; they did it at Lincoln as well apparently.
If that’s the Cowleys remit can’t see others wanting to stay when there contracts are up especially Tom Daley MK 2

For all his ability barker dosnt work hard enough for the team, I want wingers to attack the space in front of them with aggression and speed, and make the opposition full back work hard all the game, No more loans either please

For all his ability barker dosnt work hard enough for the team, I want wingers to attack the space in front of them with aggression and speed, and make the opposition full back work hard all the game, No more loans either please
Yeah I think Williams is more of a complete player even if he doesn’t have quite such amazing skill

I would be happy if Williams were to sign , I’m not bothered if Pompy wanted to keep him or not that doesn’t mean he won’t be a success here.
I think he is a much better option than Robbie hall and actually probably offers more as a right sided player than Henry does now,
He has been an ever present at Pompy who have been at the right end of the league , he also helped Rotherham out of this league I believe

Our squad largely epitomises the phrase "Good league 1 players". We are a distance away from having a team ready for the autos. About 4 or 5 in the starting line up, and about 7 across the squad required urgently.

Out of the players who I watched all season at OUFC, there are only a handful of players who could potentially make that step up. Any incoming signings I believe shouldn't be a like for like replacement for the standards of Robbie Hall and Josh Ruffels for eg - they should improve our starting 11 and the balance of our squad.

I would be happy if Williams were to sign , I’m not bothered if Pompy wanted to keep him or not that doesn’t mean he won’t be a success here.
I think he is a much better option than Robbie hall and actually probably offers more as a right sided player than Henry does now,
He has been an ever present at Pompy who have been at the right end of the league , he also helped Rotherham out of this league I believe
Rotherham’s manager also made it very clear that he was gutted to loose him when Portsmouth signed him. Paul Warne knows exactly what it takes to get out of L1.

With respect in comparison Lincoln are at our budget level

The Cowleys did it in the NL with Lincoln when they didn't have the biggest budget in that League. Pompey will still have a good/competitive budget in L1 this coming season.

Our squad largely epitomises the phrase "Good league 1 players". We are a distance away from having a team ready for the autos. About 4 or 5 in the starting line up, and about 7 across the squad required urgently.

Out of the players who I watched all season at OUFC, there are only a handful of players who could potentially make that step up. Any incoming signings I believe shouldn't be a like for like replacement for the standards of Robbie Hall and Josh Ruffels for eg - they should improve our starting 11 and the balance of our squad.
In the sense that everyone’s a distance away in early June I’d agree, however I’d suggest the issue the last two seasons - and I say issue lightly for a squad that’s finished 4th and 6th - has been that we have a first team of very good L1 players but beyond that, extremely limited options in reserve. Our form has fluctuated wildly dependent on the availability of key players, particularly with a lack of cover in multiple positions.

Theres no doubt we need some star quality to come in and provide the kind of impact that a Marcus Browne for example has achieved previously, and someone with Brandon Barker’s salary might have done. We literally have 1 winger in the squad we know relatively little about. However if we bring in players of the existing quality we have in the first team to provide some genuine competition for places, we will be very much in the race for the top 2 and certainly not a distance off.

Rotherham’s manager also made it very clear that he was gutted to loose him when Portsmouth signed him. Paul Warne knows exactly what it takes to get out of L1.
well he does it every bloody other year! Maybe next year we’ll beat them at Wembley

Who’s paying? We can’t afford eleven superstars, we need to get the most out of a talented but flawed squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom