Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah Maguire is a bit of an old ham, Williams would do well and it would be nice to actually sign a winger rather than have a temp
Personally, from what I've seen of Williams, when he was here, and from the performances I've seen him put in against us over the years, I think Maguire is considerably better, even at 32, and would offer more, in terms of experience, shithousery, and general talent, he could be our new Jamie Mackie 2.0!

But like I say, I'd rather we moved on to pastures new, and stop eyeing up former players every window, in the same way I'd like us to stop recruiting old has beens, crocks or players that have hardly played for 2-3 seasons, and are in need of extra time to even get up to the fitness levels required.

I'd rather a squad of 25-30 year olds, who are strong, fully fit, and experienced at this level, with a sprinkling of young up and coming talent on loan.

Williams, at 27, certainly fits the bill in that regard, but I've just never seen enough from him to make me think there isn't better options out there, but if he was to return, he'd get my full support, and I would hope he'd prove me wrong.

I’ve heard from our scouting team that this is the criteria for our new LB:

Must never get injured
Must be self motivated to maintain high performance levels at all time. No competition for your place will be provided.
Must be available for all 46 league games and any cup games. No time off for family emergencies.
Must be rock solid defensively whilst at all times available on the left wing to overlap. Can provide at least one anecdote about how you have played left back before at some point in your career.

Have we ever had a Swindon fan play for us? Beano was rumoured to have been but turned out he was a villa fan who grew up in Wiltshite. I would rather not have one of them play for us, plenty of professional footballers out there before you have you have to pick from the gutter.
I thought Beano was a Spurs boy

Have you seen him play much?
I would suspect that he is nowhere near ready to be the first choice left back.
He would maybe be a good back up but we need a first team ready LB to fill ruffles boots

Have you seen him play much?
I would suspect that he is nowhere near ready to be the first choice left back.
He will be good eventually but from when I saw him he was dithering a bit when he had the ball and he kept passing back to Jones, I know that’s what you do when you have to but he didn’t need to do that tbh I’m he seemed overwhelmed and was to scared to go with the courage of his convictions. Another couple of years and he will be ok.

I think if we do lose Ruffels (as seems to be happening) then if we can keep Stevens, Long, Atkinson and Moore together and then introduce this new LB into our back 5 then I actually think we could come out stronger as a unit.

I'm sure Atkinson can help guide this new player and I trust KR and the recruitment team to get it right, so yes it would be a shame if JR goes but I think we can get a better player, particularly defensively.

If we could then just sort out who will filthe six positions in front of the defence then that would help!🤣🤣

I would agree, that I don't normally care who they support, but with one exception, and that exception is Swindon. Particularly when the player in question has previously gestured at Oxford fans in a conscious attempt to wind us up.

There are plenty of other players out there. f**k him.
What if that gesture was an air handshake after scoring the winning goal against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom