Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new ownership, wasn’t it suggested that we could go for a better calibre of player and not always be shopping in the bargain basement? Could be the difference between 6th and 2nd. Otherwise what difference will it make. Surely they will look for more than just looking for a new stadium?

New ownership hasn't been confirmed yet and we also haven't been told their intentions?

We’ve been saying this for a while. He played ~500 minutes as striker. Since the KR tough treatment Agyei has been one of the most consistently threatening players...but you can only do so much in a 20min sub appearance.
From what I see ,he never looks good enough to start, just the odd 10 minutes when no one is really sure what he may do, even himself

New ownership hasn't been confirmed yet and we also haven't been told their intentions?
It’s a football club. Tiger seems to be able to afford to keep us as we are, but not take us to the next level. Surely you have to build a team that will keep us in the championship if we get there

Tiger seems to be able to afford to keep us as we are, but not take us to the next level.
Surely, by now, we should have all realised that Tiger is the front man of the operation and the other board members are the ones with the money? I take your point, but what is it based on?

Last edited:
It’s a football club. Tiger seems to be able to afford to keep us as we are, but not take us to the next level. Surely you have to build a team that will keep us in the championship if we get there

Well yes but until the Indonesian consortium have officially bought the club we can't spend their money in the transfer window. I'm sure now we know what league we will be in next season an announcement will be made.

From what I see ,he never looks good enough to start, just the odd 10 minutes when no one is really sure what he may do, even himself
He’s looked pretty good in almost every start as a striker he’s had this season, and even in a decent amount of his starts as a winger. He’s also looked ridiculously good at times coming on a sub, often scoring vital goals, getting assists (like in the playoff semi second leg) and sometimes suddenly being our only actual threat on the pitch. Got to be our most underrated current player by far

One game?
Well to be fair to Dan, that was one of the very few times he has started as a striker. He did really well that night, against a decent Pompey defence. As I have said a couple of times in recent weeks, I think our plan B should involve Dan playing as a striker. Pacy wingers, McGuane in CAM and Dan up top.

He’s looked pretty good in almost every start as a striker he’s had this season, and even in a decent amount of his starts as a winger. He’s also looked ridiculously good at times coming on a sub, often scoring vital goals, getting assists (like in the playoff semi second leg) and sometimes suddenly being our only actual threat on the pitch. Got to be our most underrated current player by far
You may well be right but I can see it in short spurts and we need more consistency? Doesn’t look like Karl trusts him enough to start and unless he gets a run of games, we’ll never know

Well to be fair to Dan, that was one of the very few times he has started as a striker. He did really well that night, against a decent Pompey defence. As I have said a couple of times in recent weeks, I think our plan B should involve Dan playing as a striker. Pacy wingers, McGuane in CAM and Dan up top.
Still think there’s better out there, but at a price. I think we may have a while to find out!

With the new ownership, wasn’t it suggested that we could go for a better calibre of player and not always be shopping in the bargain basement?
I think that's unfair. We may as a club shop at Tesco's rather than Waitrose, but there are plenty in League 1 whose budgets will have been smaller - Rochdale, Northampton, Wimbledon and Crewe to name a few. And yes, it does make you more likely to get relegated.

Might just be me but I think Brannagan is a bit overhyped on here. I haven’t noticed him ever take a game by the scruff of the neck and in the quarterback role drops so deep, only to go sideways again. If he can get a more lucrative deal elsewhere it wouldn’t bother me. Prepared to take stick but just not as excited as others appear to be
Agree...

With the new ownership, wasn’t it suggested that we could go for a better calibre of player and not always be shopping in the bargain basement? Could be the difference between 6th and 2nd. Otherwise what difference will it make. Surely they will look for more than just looking for a new stadium?

“Otherwise what difference will it make.”

Nothing really as not much is changing. Tiger will remain and the others have been here all along.

Lots of talk about Atkinson today, but am I right in thinking Moore only has one year left on his contract? Could it be that he could be the one that’s a bigger concern despite not being linked anywhere. Can’t see the club being keen to lose him for nothing in a year.

We’d be mental to lose them both together, so if Moore is going into his final year then unless he signs a new deal I reckon Atkinson is going nowhere. Tricky for KR & the club this one.

We laugh at the idiots on the Sunderland forum demanding management changes every two minutes and slagging off their players, but it's equally embarrassing on here most of the time.

I see what you are saying Scotchegg but I look at these comments as more of an observation than outright criticism. Surely we aren't as bad as the Mackems😱

Lots of talk about Atkinson today, but am I right in thinking Moore only has one year left on his contract? Could it be that he could be the one that’s a bigger concern despite not being linked anywhere. Can’t see the club being keen to lose him for nothing in a year.

We’d be mental to lose them both together, so if Moore is going into his final year then unless he signs a new deal I reckon Atkinson is going nowhere. Tricky for KR & the club this one.
I said this a few weeks back. In the current market you're probably looking at around £1m for Moore, and he's already done enough to prove himself. Unless the fabled new owners are willing to take the £1m hit for one season of Elliott Moore, I'd suggest he'll be off this summer. There's a small chance we can get him to sign a years extension with the promise he can move on the next summer like we did Dickie, and hopefully him seeing how we handled Dickie moving on will mean he's willing to discuss the option at least.

I personally don't see either CB moving on yet. I think it'll be Ruffs and Brannagan as the two main sales this year. With Nicky Cadden in line for Ruffs and McGuane already signed for Brann.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom