Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might just be me but I think Brannagan is a bit overhyped on here. I haven’t noticed him ever take a game by the scruff of the neck and in the quarterback role drops so deep, only to go sideways again. If he can get a more lucrative deal elsewhere it wouldn’t bother me. Prepared to take stick but just not as excited as others appear to be
Hasn't been the same this season as he has in previous seasons and with you saying you’ve never noticed him take a game by the scruff of the neck.

Hasn't been the same this season as he has in previous seasons and with you saying you’ve never noticed him take a game by the scruff of the neck.
All this criticism of the manager and players on here this season and yet many still think we should have done better

surely if the manager is shi*e and the players are bottlers and shi*e we did well to finish where we did

Are you serious?
So KR is scared to drop Matt Taylor as he would kick off?
As opposed to Matt Taylor being in the Top 5 scorers in the Division?
The Matt Taylor who scored 19 goals last season?
I am amazed at some of the criticism of some of our players.
Don’t get me wrong I like Taylor, I’m just saying that we need bigger stronger tougher players, not just up front, but everywhere, so that we physically compete. Our midfield is too lightweight and easily bullied off the ball. They might be technically better players, but this is division 1 football and you have to boss it more than we do. So one of my transfer ticks on recruitment would be that they’re all a bit bigger/ energetic

All this criticism of the manager and players on here this season and yet many still think we should have done better

surely if the manager is shi*e and the players are bottlers and shi*e we did well to finish where we did

We laugh at the idiots on the Sunderland forum demanding management changes every two minutes and slagging off their players, but it's equally embarrassing on here most of the time.

Don’t get me wrong I like Taylor, I’m just saying that we need bigger stronger tougher players, not just up front, but everywhere, so that we physically compete. Our midfield is too lightweight and easily bullied off the ball. They might be technically better players, but this is division 1 football and you have to boss it more than we do. So one of my transfer ticks on recruitment would be that they’re all a bit bigger/ energetic
But you are extremely unlikely to get a bigger , tougher player who has the abilities of Matty at this level . If Matty was 6'2" and as good as he is technically then he wouldn't be with us . I agree we do need an alternative though to save running him into the ground.

But you are extremely unlikely to get a bigger , tougher player who has the abilities of Matty at this level . If Matty was 6'2" and as good as he is technically then he wouldn't be with us . I agree we do need an alternative though to save running him into the ground.

Joe Pigott is 6ft2 and scored 1 more goal then Taylor this season in league 1 and in a poorer side.

We came 6th.
Yes sure we need some stronger to compete with the Blackpools and Wycombes of the world.
That doesn't in my view mean that we get rid if everybody.
Taylor is undoubtedly one of the top strikers in the Division. Personally I think it total madness to suggest Taylor is left out. He scored 19 goals.

We came 6th.
Yes sure we need some stronger to compete with the Blackpools and Wycombes of the world.
That doesn't in my view mean that we get rid if everybody.
Taylor is undoubtedly one of the top strikers in the Division. Personally I think it total madness to suggest Taylor is left out. He scored 19 goals.
We scored 92 goals this season, inc cups! I think the added toughness needs to come further back in the side, though it would be nice to have a bigger guy to throw on as an option sometimes. Agyei is tall and strong but not really a scary unit.

You prefer Piggott if you like I'd stick with Matty thanks .

I was just proving a fact that Pigott is 6ft 2 scored 1 more then Taylor but is still a league 1 player. We can't always rely on Taylor though and need an option on the bench if Taylor is struggling to impact the game.

I was just proving a fact that Pigott is 6ft 2 scored 1 more then Taylor but is still a league 1 player. We can't always rely on Taylor though and need an option on the bench if Taylor is struggling to impact the game.
Yes we do need another option as you say , I agree entirely and Piggott and that type of player would be a welcome addition.

What's Jerome Sinclair up to? I know it's an old player but he'd be a different option to Taylor

What's Jerome Sinclair up to? I know it's an old player but he'd be a different option to Taylor
Surely not? 😅 Thousands of footballers are available and we’re still hanging out the same old names…

He was playing for CSKA Sofia, but according to TransferMarket, he’s without a club.

We need the next Joe Piggott not the current one that would cost £750,000. Toughest thing to find

Agyei needs a regular start to show with regular football what he is really like.
We’ve been saying this for a while. He played ~500 minutes as striker. Since the KR tough treatment Agyei has been one of the most consistently threatening players...but you can only do so much in a 20min sub appearance.

With the new ownership, wasn’t it suggested that we could go for a better calibre of player and not always be shopping in the bargain basement? Could be the difference between 6th and 2nd. Otherwise what difference will it make. Surely they will look for more than just looking for a new stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom