Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Barker then we know the board have gone big! Heard Rangers are after a few...plus the wages sound bonkers! Still, the opportunity to play each week, be a big fish in a small pond and possibly move to the champ must be quite attractive, even with a hefty wage cut.

Think we will be looking at LB. If Ruffels stays we atleast need a back up...if not we need two in that position. Nicky Cadden was apparently sorted in Jan so not sure what happened there, but is the sort of player KR loves (plus, set pieces!)

Add McGuane (not heard anything since KR mentioned it the other week?) and a few others and we look strong. All dependent on keeping our assets - we are in a strong position with them though!

I think Lee would be a quality addition. Would take him all day!

Two wingers names to throw out there - Luke Bolton and Josh Bowler.

Last edited:
The lad Chapman is certainly good - will be a bummer if he scores the winning goal against us next week! And talking of that sort of thing I presume Clare will not be able to play against us in the last game?

The reason I think Lee should be number 1 is simple his versatility. He can play on the wing, in the centre midfield in a 3 or as a 10 behind Taylor and then can even do a shift up top as a 9 aswell. Not many players can play that many positions.
Lee is our sort of player, good close control and passing as well as versatility , fairly local and OOC. I expect he’ll sign unless Luton offer another contract.

Charlie kirk is one I've had my eye on for a while and my interest has only grown for after a strong year in league 2 looks to be fairly quick and agile which karl will be looking for the other two ill have to research more on

It would be great to pick another striker a younger up and coming player that would not affect our squad numbers. But what ever happens a few quality additions would be great going forward. Trust the club and keep punching above our size 😊😊

It would be great to pick another striker a younger up and coming player that would not affect our squad numbers. But what ever happens a few quality additions would be great going forward. Trust the club and keep punching above our size 😊😊
My only fear is that Charles would be expecting a starting role

Another striker with age on his side (Charles) to bolster our striking options, not sure what his valuation would be 500k maybe.

Two good wingers, is definitely what we will be in the market for, maybe one we will buy, and another on a season long loan.

Id also like to see a high energy midfielder, and a left back for cover.

If we can keep hold of Stevens, and our two centre half’s, and Cam I will be delighted.

I have my concerns about Barker. I saw comments from Rangers fans describing him as having dodgy hamstrings. Out injured with us after playing more games after initially bedding in and playing every other game. Would need to be managed carefully I think.
I think that most players that have super pace pretty much get hamstring issues. I remember Ryan Giggs suffering for years but changed his training routines and had less issues.
It’s the price you often have to pay to get that after burner speed. I’ve never suffered a hammy in my life but my running pace is slow to average at best!

I think Lee is, well, fine as a player. He doesn't drift out of the game too much and certainly has a good set piece in him. However, I genuinely think we can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom