Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I liked Atkinson, he was a good player and he has potential he was the second best centre half at the club last season. We will miss Shodipo’s goals and he to has potential but he was in and out of the team and form. Both played there part but neither of them were key in us making the play offs, others played bigger roles and are (currently) still here.

We have added a bit of quality in some areas and (maybe) have lost a bit in others but with time to go to improve, not certain how a team that made the play offs in the last two seasons has become mid table at best but KFC munching misery has said so.

The question was, which players that left us.

What about Shannon on loan Brentford have just signed an 18 year old from Chelsea who plays as an '8' . He's got to get fit to play now that could be special.😎

What I’m saying is: Shodipo actually scored 11 goals for us, so in reality, he was key in getting us to the play offs. Would another winger have scored 6 goals, or 26 goals? We don’t know. Im just working with the fact of the matter.
Maybe half of his goals were brilliant individual efforts, the others I’d expect whoever was in his position to finish. Dan will get loads and hopefully the wingers will get a few each

What I’m saying is: Shodipo actually scored 11 goals for us, so in reality, he was key in getting us to the play offs. Would another winger have scored 6 goals, or 26 goals? We don’t know. Im just working with the fact of the matter.
Did Shodipo help get us into the play-offs with his goals? Unquestionably yes. But was he a key part of the squad we had to keep to maintain any hope of matching that feat this season? Not really, no.

At the moment we've brought in Bodin, seen the return of Cooper and possibly have another left winger on the way. We'll wait to see what that's like at the start of the season, but it's not a stretch to think they could do more than what Shodipo and Barker did last season.

Stevens
Long Moore McNally Seddon
Gorrin
Brannagan Sykes
Williams. Taylor. Mcquane

Needs adding too but looks a decent starting x11

Last edited:
I'm surprised Dan hasn't been discussed more, this needs to be a big season for him and he could be a million pound player for us. He was notably trying a lot harder than anyone else against City because he's got something to prove.
For me, Dan must start the season as first choice on the right of a front three, he's earned the chance to be shown some faith in him, and to make the position his own.

After that, it's down to him

That won't be the starting 11 after a few weeks. Mcquane and Brannagan (if not sold) and don't blow your minds with that you've got to keep improving 1 goal between those two last season. Sykes great back up but we want to go to the championship in KR and the board I trust if Wycombe can do it so can we

That won't be the starting 11 after a few weeks. Mcquane and Brannagan (if not sold) and don't blow your minds with that you've got to keep improving 1 goal between those two last season. Sykes great back up but we want to go to the championship in KR and the board I trust if Wycombe can do it so can we
What’s with all this Mcquane business 🤔🤣

What about Shannon on loan Brentford have just signed an 18 year old from Chelsea who plays as an '8' . He's got to get fit to play now that could be special.😎
Possibly, KR has said many times how we’ve missed power in the middle since he left. I presume they’ll be keen to try him in the championship though.

I'd be okay with our extra CB being an established player on loan. You go for a youngster and you could end up with another Grayson.

I don't know if there are any reserve Championship CBs that are available on that kind of deal, but that's what I'd go for.

I'd be okay with our extra CB being an established player on loan. You go for a youngster and you could end up with another Grayson.

I don't know if there are any reserve Championship CBs that are available on that kind of deal, but that's what I'd go for.
You mean like the same sort of signing that Grayson was…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom