Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he might make a comment like this about an incoming player he hoped to have signed, sealed and delivered to Bournemouth to make the team, only to find he has to wait for the player to recover from Covid.
Maybe, just maybe, Seddon's arrival confirms this.

Our squad is getting there 👍 a couple more of very good signings yes Whyte at this level would be fantastic . I still think Karl's got a surprise for us then we could be in the mix. This time from the start COYY

4 in minimum for me.. I’d like a top class left centre back, a left winger in the mould of Browne + cover for Seddon & Gorrin.

Stevens
Long Moore _____ Seddon
McGuane Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor _____

Eastwood, McNally, Mousinho, Forde, Hanson, Sykes, Williams, Bodin, Aygei, Cooper, Winnall

Elechi, LCP, Goodhram, O’Donker

4 in minimum for me.. I’d like a top class left centre back, a left winger in the mould of Browne + cover for Seddon & Gorrin.

Stevens
Long Moore _____ Seddon
McGuane Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor _____

Eastwood, McNally, Mousinho, Forde, Hanson, Sykes, Williams, Bodin, Aygei, Cooper, Winnall

Elechi, LCP, Goodhram, O’Donker
Top call!!

If Moore signs a new contract, then not sure we would sign a new centre back. McNally has been signed to play surely, he has already been here 6 months. A new 2 year deal for moore and a new cb on a 2 year deal leaves mcnally isolated on the bench. Only other option is a 1 year loan while mcnally settles. Has Moore got another 1 year option?

If Moore signs a new contract, then not sure we would sign a new centre back. McNally has been signed to play surely, he has already been here 6 months. A new 2 year deal for moore and a new cb on a 2 year deal leaves mcnally isolated on the bench. Only other option is a 1 year loan while mcnally settles. Has Moore got another 1 year option?
We absolutely do need cover. Moore will need someone alongside him of similar quality to Atkinson, McNally as cover, or if we play 3 in the middle. One injury to a CB, and we are already looking at mous to play, which with the injury he suffered and age, means he wouldn't be able to be counted on as a long term prospect, more simply as temporary. McNally will no doubt get his day this season, but it's more about depth being needed, which isn't there at the moment.

The mous 2 year deal was a big surprise to me to be honest. With 1 year on moores deal we are in a very vulnerable position. Hopefully he signs a new deal, or a brannigan type release clause deal otherwise it will be a nelson/dunkley scenario. Maybe a ballard blackpool type loan is coming?

Won’t be the only LB we sign.
Not meaning to P**s on any bonfires, but have you also heard about a certain younger member of the squad joining a PL club? Seems a pretty strong source that it’s imminent along with the other 2 outgoings previously mentioned

Edit: I fully understand Kip will be tugging one off to this, best to get it in sooner rather than later

We absolutely do need cover. Moore will need someone alongside him of similar quality to Atkinson, McNally as cover, or if we play 3 in the middle. One injury to a CB, and we are already looking at mous to play, which with the injury he suffered and age, means he wouldn't be able to be counted on as a long term prospect, more simply as temporary. McNally will no doubt get his day this season, but it's more about depth being needed, which isn't there at the moment.
I think the extra CB we need could be in the form of cover for McNally. Depends on what stage KR sees him at. Neither Atkinson not Dickie looked that great in their first games and we all know what happened there. That said McNally to me feels like a starter and we should be looking at another player like him as the cover.
Either way we need another CB.

Not meaning to P**s on any bonfires, but have you also heard about a certain younger member of the squad joining a PL club? Seems a pretty strong source that it’s imminent along with the other 2 outgoings previously mentioned

Edit: I fully understand Kip will be tugging one off to this, best to get it in sooner rather than later
Yes, I've heard about this too, and frankly I'm with KR on this one: if Spurs are really serious about him, they need to pull their finger out, stop pissing about and make us an offer for what Osei Yaw is actually worth

Yes, I've heard about this too, and frankly I'm with KR on this one: if Spurs are really serious about him, they need to pull their finger out, stop pissing about and make us an offer for what Osei Yaw is actually worth

Naturally it would rely on them moving Kane on to free up some of the funds.

GOD?

I think the extra CB we need could be in the form of cover for McNally. Depends on what stage KR sees him at. Neither Atkinson not Dickie looked that great in their first games and we all know what happened there. That said McNally to me feels like a starter and we should be looking at another player like him as the cover.
Either way we need another CB.
From watching him play the other week I’d say he’s nowhere near ready to start. I know thats only one game but I have nothing else on which to base an opinion. Like you say sometimes it takes a few games to settle into the first team. Personally I would like to see the pressure taken off of him and us sign a solid ready to go CB. Also If one of them gets injured can we count on Mous to play twice a week? I doubt it.
having said all that if KR thinks he’s good enough then that’s good enough for me. But if that were the case why were we linked with several CB’s

Atkinson Moore and Dickie all looked a bit sus in some of their early appearances.

I would suggest that not many young defenders showing composure and performing consistently from game 1, would be as far down the food chain as League 1 if they're that good.

We do however have a knack of spotting potential and doing good things with lots of "works in progress" and "not quite made the cut" type players....and that's kind of the model that has generally worked for us in recent times.

So I'm not too fussed by youngsters with room for improvement as I have confidence that the majority will and do improve whilst with us.

The alternative is spanking millions (of someone else's money) on "oven ready" League 1 players in the hope that it will all come good (just ask Sunderland)simply on reputation alone.

I actually prefer what we try and do, which is a blend of proven players, those with something to prove and the desire to prove it, and exciting prospects[emoji6]

I think we will have a stronger squad this year once the loan players arrive. We already look good more younger players coming through as well. Half a new defence will be the test another promising CB for cover and a good start. Big year for Dan I think he will be sold for massive money and a big year for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom