Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we also do our homework on George Waring?

Let's be honest. The numbers quoted are s**t. Portsmouth are a club known for making mostly bad decisions. He could be the second coming of Roofe but assuming that when none of us have seen him play does seem a bit much.
Ha he was a big lummox! That was a period when we had a few disappointing young strikers on loan

Remember when the ball bounced in off him at Crawley away and he celebrated by giving it the big I am. Lot of time for Waring since that.
I see he's at Chester. His bio on Wiki is so underwhelming that they give a whole line to 'On 7 July 2018 he scored a goal for Grimsby Town in a friendly against Cleethorpes Town whilst on trial'.

Did we also do our homework on George Waring?

Let's be honest. The numbers quoted are s**t. Portsmouth are a club known for making mostly bad decisions. He could be the second coming of Roofe but assuming that when none of us have seen him play does seem a bit much.
Don't quite understand the post. Before critising Pompey maybe take a look at their squad as the season starts.

I’m so jealous remind me again how many has Taylor scored this pre season or how many obika got a few seasons ago in pre season
🤣 where does obika fit in?
Oh, and Taylor has done well so far preseaon, so what?
Your point being?
No point being jealous, WE may go out and buy....ah, I see your point.

Maybe you should do the same when moaning about our transfer activity (or lack of)????
Love it.🤣 Christ, I would love to see a full squad of 23 fit, league 1 ready players come Cambridge, and will remember your sentiments that you believe it will be so.
It's a forum, I simply comment, dont like it go and join the knitting circle.

Bellow yellow.
Simply moan! Unless you are bigging up Portsmouth or whoever.
Perhaps you should join the crochet club down there mate. You may get to be more ITK.

Some players I have seen or heard Oxford fans describe as shite (or similar):

Lundstram
Roofe
Skarz
Maguire
Rothwell

I also recall standing in front of a guy at a game who spent 5 minutes moaning how it was a massive mistake that we'd let Harry Worley go. Someone else spent ages talking up Deane Smalley.

Sometimes fan opinions are not correct.

Don't quite understand the post. Before critising Pompey maybe take a look at their squad as the season starts.
The first point of my post was that all clubs do homework on all signings and still make bad signings. Pointing out that Pompey will have done their homework is meaningless. Pointing out that we once signed Roofe and that this new player might be as good as Roofe is also meaningless - we once signed Waring and he might be as good as Waring. Assuming that he will be as good as Roofe, based on nothing, is to deliberately assume the worst for OUFC as a competitor.

The second part of my post was a comment that Pompey don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. If it isn't too soon to praise Pompey, why is it too soon to criticise them? Your praise is based on a player they just signed, who never played for them, who did nothing of note in the past year, who none of us have seen play. My criticism is based on a proven, established track record of poor signings and being second best to clubs with significantly fewer resources. I think my position is far more reasoned than yours.

Going on to the post I'm now replying to directly, you do realise the absolute hypocrisy of criticising Oxford and urging us to wait until the season starts to judge Pompey?

Just as OUFC saw a reserve player sitting around at West Brom, who went on to wear a magic hat. 🤣
You genuinely believe they didn't do their homework first on him? :unsure:

Refreshing to see Pompey, like many clubs making the signings towards a genuine promotion push. If only we had the same ambition, instead of players simply going the other way.

'Refreshing' to see other clubs making signings towards a promotion push?

Well you've nailed your colours to the mast there - anything but Yellow apparently.

Post what you want, it is nice if parts of posts make sense though:

….oh dear," we once signed Waring and he might be as good as Waring. Assuming that he will be as good as Roofe, based on nothing, is to deliberately assume the worst for OUFC as a competitor."
Makes no sense at all.

"Pointing out that Pompey will have done their homework is meaningless. Pointing out that we once signed Roofe and that this new player might be as good as Roofe is also meaningless."
If I want to say Portsmouth have done their homework, I will fk say Portsmouth have done their homework! This new player may be as good as Roofe, why is that pointless?

You sound more like Karen than Karen.

You seem to like the word pointless. Come to work with me tomorrow, and try teaching Dan, he's in for 8 years, first offender, wrong place wrong time, you know how it is. Watch his face as I try to teach him the value added of using a Fronted Adverbial, to up level the quality of his writing, and watch his reaction. Now that's pointless, rg yellows, that's pointless.

Now move along sonny, it's sausage and mash for tea, followed by a Jam Tart.
🤣

God, when does the season start, bored, bored, bored....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom