Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe he has been so impressive that we don't need a direct replacement for Atkinson as we already have one in the building .
To be honest, this is what I am hoping for. Unfortunetly he doesn;t have the same number of senior games behind him as Atkinson did when he was thrown in. Therefore there's a greater risk here. But, hopefully he's shown enough so far for us to think about taking a risk on him as we could then look at spending more money elsewhere.

Hopefully we'll see how he gets on in pre-season and not rush into an Atkinson replacement.

All that aside- we probably still need another centre half anyway to ensure we have enough bodies to cope with injuries and the number of games.

Last season showed we need a fourth centre back. Given the recent injury and age of Mousinho, the hamstring injuries of Long (who can cover CB), the inexperience of Mcnally we would be mad not to start the season with another CB.
Yes I didn't say not to get another CB in just no need to spend unnecessary.. another CB to learn rather than a first team spot straight away ( if McNally is ready/ that impressive)

Unfortunetly he doesn;t have the same number of senior games behind him as Atkinson did when he was thrown in.
McNally has played more senior games than Rob Atkinson had, before he joined us…

Rob Atkinson: 39 games in the conference premier, while playing for Eastleigh and Braintree Town.

Luke McNally: 49 games in the Irish premier and first division, while playing for Drogheda and St Patrick’s.

You could argue that the standard of football is better in the Irish premier division. It’s all pointing towards Luke being a ready made replacement for Rob.

Last edited:
So, youd rather we never saw:

Kemar Roofe
George Baldock
Marcus Browne
Marcus McGuane
Brandon Barker

Along with Shodipo and many others…

Personally I’d like a blended approach, with a few top quality loans each season of players we’d never be able to get otherwise, who will be of an ability level too high for the league we’re in, and who we might have a chance of getting later on.
And had Blackpool and Lincoln not made very good loan signings they would have been anywhere near the Promotion places.
If we don't use loan signings well we will be a poorer team.

McNally has played more senior games than Rob Atkinson had, before he joined us…

Rob Atkinson: 39 games in the conference premier, while playing for Eastleigh and Braintree Town.

Luke McNally: 49 games in the Irish premier and first division, while playing for Drogheda and St Patrick’s.
That did cross my mind, but had concluded that Atkinson must have played more National League games than that.

In which case McNally has everything to gain in pre season...

We surely signed McNally to play at some point? I have no problem with him playing, it’s what we pay him to do but still need another in as cover if that’s the case.
If McNally is going to be a starter with Moore then that’s great, he must be up to the task if that happens, but there definitely needs to be a backup that isn’t a 35 year old who has barely kicked a ball in 18 months.

Absolutely 100% this.

NOT SIGNING A CENTRE BACK IS NOT AN OPTION. NEITHER IS NOT SIGNING A LEFT BACK.
Surely everyone will agree with that. They must be trying to sign defenders right now rather than just farting around with loan wingers.

McNally is left footed isn't he? So presumably he can cover left back (when Agyei isn't playing there of course). We all know left footedness is the most important trait of a left back 👍

• React
Reactions: MJB
Who on earth has said or even mentioned it isn't?
Why the bold writing ?

No-one on here.

Although there were some mitigating circumstances a good many on here thought we started last season defensively light. I think we paid the price for that. We should not make the same mistake again.

Not sure if it’s a good or bad sign that Robinson isn’t making comments about potential signings!!

Not sure if it’s a good or bad sign that Robinson isn’t making comments about potential signings!!
We all hope, pray, and assume that deals for at least two defenders are ongoing. Madness otherwise.

Apart from that, I wrote down our comings and goings in midfield/wide:
OUT
Hall
Barker
Shodipo
Kelly
Lee

IN
Bodin
Williams
McGuane [or does he not count, as he was here last year?]
Clare
Cooper

That looks to me like we're at full complement, and that someone would have to leave to allow us to sign another winger. Also Hall hardly played, so won't be missed as an extra body. But it may be that we're a bit down on spending from last year, so could maybe squeeze in an additional player without breaking the budget.

We all hope, pray, and assume that deals for at least two defenders are ongoing. Madness otherwise.

Apart from that, I wrote down our comings and goings in midfield/wide:
OUT
Hall
Barker
Shodipo
Kelly
Lee

IN
Bodin
Williams
McGuane [or does he not count, as he was here last year?]
Clare
Cooper

That looks to me like we're at full complement, and that someone would have to leave to allow us to sign another winger. Also Hall hardly played, so won't be missed as an extra body. But it may be that we're a bit down on spending from last year, so could maybe squeeze in an additional player without breaking the budget.
We are also much much weaker at present with a severe lack of goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom