Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well aware, thought posting the only options in the bracket would help highlight how bad of a wind up it was!
It’s not a wind up. Not sure of the exact age, but heard the same thing. Deal agreed with a LB for a fee but he has Covid currently. No idea who though - your guess is as good as mine!

It’s not a wind up. Not sure of the exact age, but heard the same thing. Deal agreed with a LB for a fee but he has Covid currently. No idea who though - your guess is as good as mine!
My guess would be Danny Andrew.

The only thing that was mentioned I believe is that he’s not a youngster & not the Scottish lad we’ve been linked with. Expect a young Scottish LB to be signed tomorrow then!

In that case the poster's source must've got it wrong about the age, because there isn't a single LB in L1 aged 29, and across all 4 leagues and the SPL there's only 2, neither of which look likely signings. Perhaps the age is a year out and it's Danny Andrew or Lee Brown? Neither jumps out as a promotion chasing signing, but if Robson also comes I'd not be unhappy with either as competition.

Only played 17 games at LB, and none since 17/18. I'd be mightily concerned if he was being signed as a LB!
This is like that Fast Show sketch - 'Signing a hypothetical player that may not be good? Only played 17 games?? Oi Robinson, NO!!!!!!'

Only played 17 games at LB, and none since 17/18. I'd be mightily concerned if he was being signed as a LB!
Fullback is one of those positions you can put anybody in and they will perform though, you ask KR. I think Dan Agyei will be the longterm solution when he tires of playing on the wing.

Odd that two very junior members are suddenly ITKs. Surely we would not be paying fees for oldish players not considered suitable by our rivals. The covid aspect is another concern. At that age long covid is likely with subsequent breathlessness and brain-fog long-term affecting any athlete. That is the most concerning thing.

Odd that two very junior members are suddenly ITKs. Surely we would not be paying fees for oldish players not considered suitable by our rivals. The covid aspect is another concern. At that age long covid is likely with subsequent breathlessness and brain-fog long-term affecting any athlete. That is the most concerning thing.
It’s not that odd. Both live in Dorset, which just so happens to be where Oxford started training as of yesterday at Wimborne Town. I didn’t hear the age to be fair, just that we we’d agreed a deal for a left back for X amount but he has Covid at the moment. I’m assuming because of that there had been no medical etc yet.

Of course it could have all just been an elaborate ploy to throw us some crap & get rid of us! That can’t be discounted :ROFLMAO:

It’s not that odd. Both live in Dorset, which just so happens to be where Oxford started training as of yesterday at Wimborne Town. I didn’t hear the age to be fair, just that we we’d agreed a deal for a left back for X amount but he has Covid at the moment. I’m assuming because of that there had been no
Of course it could have all just been an elaborate ploy to throw us some crap & get rid of us! That can’t be discounted :ROFLMAO:

The first post stated that we had actually signed him, the next that a deal had only been agreed not signed. Odder and odder!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom