Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence the opening line!!!

It takes a special kind of idiot to select the one part of the sentence to use against me whilst deliberately ignoring the bit that says exactly the same as you!!!

The point being is that Shodipo faced criticism on here, probably from yourself, for looking disinterested despite his scoring record. He then played a little more for the team, but his goals dried up. Put the two things together and you've got a fantastic player. Either, or, and he is found wanting.
I think we’d been very naive to slag Shodipo off before we sign some wingers of his style. We need a left & a right winger with a bit of X factor.. like a Whyte, Browne etc. Williams & Bodin are solid but I see them as back up.

I think we’d been very naive to slag Shodipo off before we sign some wingers of his style. We need a left & a right winger with a bit of X factor.. like a Whyte, Browne etc. Williams & Bodin are solid but I see them as back up.
I'm not sure anyone is slagging Shodipo off?

Last edited:
Fitness permitted, Bodin is X-factor. Preston stuck by him an awfully long time if he was merely backup level to a league one club and still leaves without a bad word from a PNE fan.

Nevertheless, I’d love to see Whyte back here, no question. They would be my two wingers with Williams to play when Bodin needs a breather or when games are won.

6 mins…. #COE

I think it’s clear that you’re writing very differently about Shodipo (and by that I mean more negatively) now he’s signed for someone else than you would be if he’d signed for us.
It's clear that you're missing the point. I said that I would have been very happy if we signed him. He was beginning to show an all round game that fitted with our style of play, and getting into dangerous positions. Burton a prime example where he found himself in the middle of the goal after coming off the wing. But he was also a frustrating player who failed to make an impact in games and was lucky not to have got a bigger backlash for his performance against Swindon.

He's strengths are coming inside both with and without the ball, and if we stop this he becomes less effective. Not sure how that can be seen as anything but fair and balanced?!

It's clear that you're missing the point. I said that I would have been very happy if we signed him. He was beginning to show an all round game that fitted with our style of play, and getting into dangerous positions. Burton a prime example where he found himself in the middle of the goal after coming off the wing. But he was also a frustrating player who failed to make an impact in games and was lucky not to have got a bigger backlash for his performance against Swindon.

He's strengths are coming inside both with and without the ball, and if we stop this he becomes less effective. Not sure how that can be seen as anything but fair and balanced?!
If we had signed him you wouldn’t be shining a light on all his flaws and weaknesses, highlighting the negative parts like you are now, you’d be pointing out his amazing goal record for us, how young he is and how he’s improving. I’m not saying you’re not being balanced, you are, I’m saying that you’re slightly leaning towards negative, because we missed out on him. If we’d signed him you’d be leaning towards positive. I know you won’t admit it but it’s very clear and what you do with all aspects of the club and manager!

If we had signed him you wouldn’t be shining a light on all his flaws and weaknesses, highlighting the negative parts like you are now, you’d be pointing out his amazing goal record for us, how young he is and how he’s improving. I’m not saying you’re not being balanced, you are, I’m saying that you’re slightly leaning towards negative, because we missed out on him. If we’d signed him you’d be leaning towards positive. I know you won’t admit it but it’s very clear and what you do with all aspects of the club and manager!
I said exactly the same points throughout the season. Feel free to look back through my posts.

Found out Kip’s real identity
giphy.gif

I am amazed at these comments.
The bulk of the squad are here. Of the first team we are missing what 2 players (obviously a left back and maybe a CB depending on how ready McNally is)
Waiting for quality players is not scraping the barrel. Surely most supporters get the fact that PL clubs are not close generally to deciding who they are going to send out on loan.
Groundhog day maybe with regard to pretty kneejerk comments that don't reflect at all the reality.
We've signed a 29 year old left back from another team in our league for a fee, but currently has covid, centre back is proving harder to come by from my understanding..

We've signed a 29 year old left back from another team in our league for a fee, but currently has covid, centre back is proving harder to come by from my understanding..

According to transfermarkt 29 year old league one left backs are pretty hard to come by too.

According to transfermarkt 29 year old league one left backs are pretty hard to come by too.
Only one 29 year old across the top 4 leagues - Andrew Hughes at Preston. 34 appearances in the Championship in LB and CB, not sure why he'd drop a division unless he's been told he's surplus.

There's also Jake Carroll at Motherwell, but most his appearances have been in L2. 36 appearances in the SPL in the last two seasons.

Only one 29 year old across the top 4 leagues - Andrew Hughes at Preston. 34 appearances in the Championship in LB and CB, not sure why he'd drop a division unless he's been told he's surplus.

There's also Jake Carroll at Motherwell, but most his appearances have been in L2. 36 appearances in the SPL in the last two seasons.

Don't bite, its obviously a wind-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom