Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 1.5mil is very optimistic. Unfortunately, I can’t see us getting more than 1mil for him. I’d be okay with him going to a club like Forest, because we could look at bundling Maguane into the deal. PNE is an odd one. If I was Cam Bran and I actually wanted to leave, I would definitely hold out for a better move.
Is Preston really that odd though? Cam goes up to Manchester quite a lot going off his social media. Geographically not many clubs will get him closer to home.

Is Preston really that odd though? Cam goes up to Manchester quite a lot going off his social media. Geographically not many clubs will get him closer to home.
It is when we consider how ambitious we know Cam Bran to be. I don’t think geography matters too much to him. He is settled here. He loves the local lakes and in his Merc, it’s only a couple of hours for him to get home. Footballing wise, I think he can do better than PNE.

I think 1.5mil is very optimistic. Unfortunately, I can’t see us getting more than 1mil for him. I’d be okay with him going to a club like Forest, because we could look at bundling Maguane into the deal. PNE is an odd one. If I was Cam Bran and I actually wanted to leave, I would definitely hold out for a better move.
I'm only going off what KR said that his release clause is "significantly higher" than 500k. With KR that could mean 600k or £3m. who knows. He also signed the contract before all his eye issues this season and off the back of a strong 19/20 season, so I disagree that £1.5m as his release clause is optimistic. I do agree however, that currently his value is probably max £1m, and only if we can start up a bit of a bidding war. We might actually be able to keep a hold of him if his release clause is higher than what clubs see as his value.

It is when we consider how ambitious we know Cam Bran to be. I don’t think geography matters too much to him. He is settled here. He loves the local lakes and in his Merc, it’s only a couple of hours for him to get home. I think footballing wise, he can do better than PNE.
The local lakes?? I don’t see what’s wrong with Preston, a historic and potentially big club that will be in the top league before us! That’s probably the biggest club he could go to and still have a decent chance of playing regularly

I'm only going off what KR said that his release clause is "significantly higher" than 500k. With KR that could mean 600k or £3m. who knows. He also signed the contract before all his eye issues this season and off the back of a strong 19/20 season, so I disagree that £1.5m as his release clause is optimistic. I do agree however, that currently his value is probably max £1m, and only if we can start up a bit of a bidding war. We might actually be able to keep a hold of him if his release clause is higher than what clubs see as his value.
Im a bit confused as to how you can disagree with 1.5mil being optimistic, yet you say that even after a bidding war, he’s worth a maximum of 1mil? No one is going to pay a single penny more than they need to, so you might be right in saying we might be able to keep him. I don’t think we will get more than a million for him, in today’s market.

Last edited:
Im a bit confused as to how you can disagree with 1.5mil being optimistic, yet you say that even after a bidding war, he’s worth a maximum of 1mil? No one is going to pay a single penny more than they need to, so you might be right in saying we might be able to keep him. I don’t think we will get more than a million for him, in today’s market.
I'm talking specifically about his release clause, which was added into his contract that he signed on the back of probably his best season for us. His value is probs max £1m, but that doesn't change his release clause, and I can see us telling clubs to match it or move on unless Cam kicks up a stink himself.

• React
Reactions: m
The local lakes?? I don’t see what’s wrong with Preston, a historic and potentially big club that will be in the top league before us! That’s probably the biggest club he could go to and still have a decent chance of playing regularly
Yes, he is constantly fishing around here and I have seen him doing so on many occasions. Oxfordshire has some of the best lakes in the country and that may sound silly to you, but as a keen fisherman, that will appeal to him.

Historic yes, but most successful in the 1880’s and 1890’s. Blimey. And I thought we clutched at straws when it came to our history 🙄 It’s my personal opinion that he can do better. We don’t even know if he’s going..

Yes, he is constantly fishing around here and I have seen him doing so on many occasions. Oxfordshire has some of the best lakes in the country and that may sound silly to you, but as a keen fisherman, that will appeal to him.

Historic yes, but most successful in the 1880’s and 1890’s. Blimey. And I thought we clutched at straws when it came to our history 🙄 It’s my personal opinion that he can do better. We don’t even know if he’s going..
Interesting about the fishing. Yes they were big in the 19th century - but I bet a lot of households up there consider themselves PNE fans, and would become enthused if the team started doing well. The next level up is somewhere like West Brom, and I don't think he'd get into their team.

I suspect Brannagan would move to somewhere like Luton.

They’re going to have midfield positions available with players leaving OOC, plus players on loan. Would go into a decent enough Championship club, would most probably start regularly also.

I don’t think Branngan will move for the sake of it...at his age jumping to the championship to sit around for a year before being loaned probably doesn’t appeal....more likely he makes a move like Dickie, imo.

None the less, would love him to stay...hopefully we see him in a few more matches before the end of the season.

Seeing rumours that Burnely are preparing a bid for Rob Dickie. Scenes when he goes for 20mil and we don’t have a sell-on clause 🙄

Seeing rumours that Burnely are preparing a bid for Rob Dickie. Scenes when he goes for 20mil and we don’t have a sell-on clause [emoji849]

I really hope we did. You could sense that he would make the step up from the Championship given his potential. Not sure if it has ever been stated one way or the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom