Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on solely on him doing quite well against us, Harry Chapman currently on loan at Shrewsbury from Blackburn.

23 years old so maybe a year or two older than we’d normally sign to be part of ‘the model’. Maybe some sort of cash + player deal in exchange for Moore or something?

I do expect us to sell someone this window. As mentioned previously, it’s a depreciated market though so sales figures won’t be as high as usual so we don’t want to be taken for a ride by anyone.

Based on solely on him doing quite well against us, Harry Chapman currently on loan at Shrewsbury from Blackburn.

23 years old so maybe a year or two older than we’d normally sign to be part of ‘the model’. Maybe some sort of cash + player deal in exchange for Moore or something?

I do expect us to sell someone this window. As mentioned previously, it’s a depreciated market though so sales figures won’t be as high as usual so we don’t want to be taken for a ride by anyone.

Chapman is out of contract this summer.

Lee and McGuane should be added without question
I’m not convinced by Lee. His best game for us was his first and his overall contribution in most games doesn’t put him high in my shopping list.

Flashes of a decent player, but he looks to have lost the sharpness he previously had in Luton’s promotion teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't we talk about this sort of thing when we know if we go up or stay? We are still in the race.
And this Henry lad is a non-starter. Please no more posts about him.

I’m not convinced by Lee. His best game for us was his first and his overall contribution in most games doesn’t put him high in my shopping list.

Flashes of a decent player, but he looks to have lost the sharpness he previously had in Luton’s promotion teams.

That free kick for the 1st goal yesterday was delicious as the defender had to play at it and his corners in the 1st half were causing major problems, just a pity the others couldn't head it on target! Also, it was his movement and quality close control that gave Mark Sykes the space/time to be able to cross for Matty Taylor to score the 2nd.

In 16 appearances (1035 minutes actually played), he has scored 4 and got 2 assists* which considering he came in not match fit is a decent return. I'd look at this as a settling in period as it was looking like he was starting to form partnerships with the likes of Sam Long and James Henry. His versatility across the front line as he can play both sides (he mainly played on the left side for Luton iirc) and inside gives the squad flexibility.

If (which is still likely) we are in L1 next season then I hope we sign him, not so sure if we were to get the miracle and get promoted though.

*From Transfermarkt.

That free kick for the 1st goal yesterday was delicious as the defender had to play at it and his corners in the 1st half were causing major problems, just a pity the others couldn't head it on target! Also, it was his movement and quality close control that gave Mark Sykes the space/time to be able to cross for Matty Taylor to score the 2nd.

In 16 appearances (1035 minutes actually played), he has scored 4 and got 2 assists* which considering he came in not match fit is a decent return. I'd look at this as a settling in period as it was looking like he was starting to form partnerships with the likes of Sam Long and James Henry. His versatility across the front line as he can play both sides (he mainly played on the left side for Luton iirc) and inside gives the squad flexibility.

If (which is still likely) we are in L1 next season then I hope we sign him, not so sure if we were to get the miracle and get promoted though.

*From Transfermarkt.
Exactly. He contributes. He has lots of weakness (trampoline feet, turns into danger etc), but at this level you can accept that for all his strengths. You can see why he hasn't made it in the Championship though.

100% sign. Players that assist, score and link play are worth their weight at this level. Sign. Sign. Sign.

Exactly. He contributes. He has lots of weakness (trampoline feet, turns into danger etc), but at this level you can accept that for all his strengths. You can see why he hasn't made it in the Championship though.

100% sign. Players that assist, score and link play are worth their weight at this level. Sign. Sign. Sign.
100% agree - he fits into our system in multiple positions as well, so if the squad cap is retained to whatever extent he has that going for him too.

Trying to keep Lee, McGuane, Barker (loan realistically) and Ruffels is priority #1 this summer and would leave us with very little to do.

I think Chapman is more of a number 10 then a winger so I don’t think he’d really fit into a KR side, although Luton fans also say the same about Lee being much better at 10 then on the wing. I think We’ll definitely be back in for Gavin Whyte in the summer I don’t think he’s made the impact Cardiff or himself would have hoped at Hull.

?.....
Are you mad, both centre backs were basically thrown into the deep end when we lost Rob Dickie.
They are only going to get better and be great assets to our club.
The CB pairings especially early season was changed constantly with injury’s, it is an area I am more than happy with.
Agreed.

At the start of the season, the lack of cover and experience at CB was very telling, and concerning, but as the season has gone on, they have got better and better, and I'm very happy with them.

Of course we will need to bring in genuine competition for them, but it's not a position I'm panicking about now.

Nicky Cadden I think will be high on Robinsons hit list. Was close in January and is out of contract next month. Can play on the left wing and also done a job as a wing back for Forest Green.

Hopefully Mcguane will return would be a proper statement signing.

Lee back on a permanent as he is seemingly out of contract should be our number one target.
Lee is a good player, and if we can get him on a permanant, great, but if he is our number one target, then we're not setting our sights for next season very high.

Lee should be the minimum standard that we aim for.

In my opinion, Mcguane and Barker should be our top targets.

I have my concerns about Barker. I saw comments from Rangers fans describing him as having dodgy hamstrings. Out injured with us after playing more games after initially bedding in and playing every other game. Would need to be managed carefully I think.

Lee is a good player, and if we can get him on a permanant, great, but if he is our number one target, then we're not setting our sights for next season very high.

Lee should be the minimum standard that we aim for.

In my opinion, Mcguane and Barker should be our top targets
The reason I think Lee should be number 1 is simple his versatility. He can play on the wing, in the centre midfield in a 3 or as a 10 behind Taylor and then can even do a shift up top as a 9 aswell. Not many players can play that many positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom