Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I think our signings to date are not great I get ridiculed, seems some are just happy to plod along with no ambition….. - I get hammered on here for voicing my opinion, we will never get anywhere selling our best players season after season, that’s a fact!!!
I wasn't replying to you so not sure why I'm getting the dressing down 😅

My issue wasn't with the posters opinion, just the constant unnecessary attacks on our resident egg snack. I get the disappointment given KR has no filter and does spout some blindingly optimistic nonsense sometimes that gets fan expectations up. But no ambition I think is pushing it a bit - we have to make money to survive, and we've gone from the conference to back to back L1 playoffs in 11 years which really isn't bad. Part of the OUFC problem at the moment is we're unearthing so many gems nowadays that it feels like we have let entire teams go!

I mean, this isn't correct, pretty much every football club is a "rich mans toy" as you put it, that is just football these days

But it's sensible to keep the losses to a minimum
It’s ok if you are Chelsea with lots of assets and fans, and always interesting to buyers, but if our lot lose interest and want to sell you could find them wanting their money back - whatever they say at the moment.

Just go and look at Brentford’s departures over the last 5 or 6 seasons and their subsequent league finishes.

Couldn’t be much further from a fact if you tried.
Ummmmm but Brentford’s players are a better standard and better quality all around, guess I’m one of many just fed up with being given bullshit by our manager season after season

I wasn't replying to you so not sure why I'm getting the dressing down 😅

My issue wasn't with the posters opinion, just the constant unnecessary attacks on our resident egg snack. I get the disappointment given KR has no filter and does spout some blindingly optimistic nonsense sometimes that gets fan expectations up. But no ambition I think is pushing it a bit - we have to make money to survive, and we've gone from the conference to back to back L1 playoffs in 11 years which really isn't bad. Part of the OUFC problem at the moment is we're unearthing so many gems nowadays that it feels like we have let entire teams go!
No hard feelings, wasn’t directed at you, 😂

Hey guys! Greetings from Athens, Greece! I've been following and supporting Oxford United since 2017 due to Football Manager and I can say it was love at the first sight! Not to mention The Minoan Ox and its greek roots!!! I've been following the forum a couple of years and I felt now it was the right time to post! :)

Sooooo, after Atkinson's departure to Bristol City, what's next for incoming players? A LB or CB?

Last edited:
Ummmmm but Brentford’s players are a better standard and better quality all around, guess I’m one of many just fed up with being given bullshit by our manager season after season
Yes, can’t dispute that but they started where we are now. Their squad is unrecognisable from what got them to the championship.

My comment was not really to argue against your opinion (I’ve already said plenty on this subject!), it was to stress it is simply not a fact that selling your best players condemns you to going nowhere when thats one club who are continuously progressing and made an assault on the top 30 right under your nose doing exactly that!!

Hey guys! Greetings from Athens, Greece! I've been following and supporting Oxford United since 2017 due to Football Manager and I can say it was love at the first sight! Not to mention The Minoan Ox and it's greek roots!!! I've been following the forum a couple of years and I felt now it was the right time to post! :)

Sooooo, after Atkinson's departure to Bristol City, what's next for incoming players? A LB or CB?
Knowing Karl Robinson a Right Winger. Welcome to the forum!

Hey guys! Greetings from Athens, Greece! I've been following and supporting Oxford United since 2017 due to Football Manager and I can say it was love at the first sight! Not to mention The Minoan Ox and its greek roots!!! I've been following the forum a couple of years and I felt now it was the right time to post! :)

Welcome to the forum.

AEK ??
Welcome

We spend 300- 450k a season, and sell every season, this season may be the same but we have already paid 300k in our first signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom