Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried about this deal. Pleased that it's been done early with plenty more time to sort our feet out and sign a replacement. Or perhaps ready Luke McNally and sign his replacement!

Our track record of spending money is pretty good and I'm confident it'll be spent well (as well as keeping the club afloat!).

All a part of the process and model that's served the club very very well to date.

Its the model we have used over the past 5 years. We bought Rob's replacement in January, Luke McNally

I think if we don’t get the defender in from the Scottish club, then Mcnally comes in and we sign the player training with us on a free

Yes that great model that has kept us in league one and our players go on to play in the Championship and premier league great model.

I notice you have only made a handful of comments. Can I take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum, your positivity will be greatly appreciated!

Height? That's actually one thing I'm thinking we'll miss most from Atkinson - some games last season we caused havoc from set pieces with him and Moore. McNally is a good 3-4 inches shorter than Rob. He's not as tall as him either.
For some reason I remembered something about him being really tall... On a quick Google you're right and he's not particularly big for a CB. My mistake 😅

As for the other inches... Well that might explain the weird way Rob Atkinson runs.

E5SnG7-XoAAIF6S
Apparently mcnally is the fastest player at the club .

Maybe Luke McNally is the quickest at the club but he certainly has the longest neck of any U’s player EVER.

I'm decently happy. McGuane is an excellent signing, Williams has experience, something we lacked, and Bodin is a low cost shot that may or may not work out. With the Euros, uncertainty around Atkinson until just now and an ever present lack of clarification on the squad limits thanks to the hopeless efl, I think we've done a really decent job.

But any chance to take an unsolicited swipe at another OUFC fan, right? Feels like every post is an attack on Scotchegg and it's completely unnecessary. We all want success for OUFC, even if some of us are overly positive sometimes.
Because I think our signings to date are not great I get ridiculed, seems some are just happy to plod along with no ambition….. - I get hammered on here for voicing my opinion, we will never get anywhere selling our best players season after season, that’s a fact!!!

We’re not a rich mans toy! We’re a business that has to be run sustainably.
I mean, this isn't correct, pretty much every football club is a "rich mans toy" as you put it, that is just football these days

But it's sensible to keep the losses to a minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom