Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Top targets as speculated on an Internet forum, or as confirmed by the club? I have only Karl on 5FF saying we were interested in Whyte, I assume Hull paid Cardiff a greater proportion of his salary. Nothing about breaking the bank for him. We move on.

Karl’s in a thankless position. I guarantee had he made no noises at all, there would be detractors bemoaning the inactivity or lack of ambition.

I’d be amazed if we don’t approach the second half of the season with a squad of 22, all of whom would at present be fit and available. Who knows...we hope to unearth a diamond we’ve not heard of before.
Fine if no one gets injured

You can read the script. No one is brought in, we get 3 or so injuries and it is the bare bones again.

On the subject of transfers, I wonder if we’ll be looking at Randell Williams from Exeter?

He’d be a gamble considering his injury lay-off but he’d come cheaply and fits the bill in terms of pedigree.

Indeed, as he was part of the squad previously. New players that wouldn't be the case is my understanding from KR's comments. The rules are a typical FL fuckup.
This is a remarkable thing!
So, instead of using a player we are already paying to fill a place in our 22 ongoing, in order to 'control our spending' we have to sign another player to use his half season wage, rather than the full season wage of the one we already have and are already paying !!
While I'm not necessarily against the basic principle of the rules, the whole thing needs a serious overhaul before next season:
- stay at 22 squad size
- exemption for club grown players reaching age 21 up to say 23
- remove this latest rule about season long pay for half season players

Or... we bring in a couple of players
Of course. Although, if he's shipping one straight out to get experience it is 1 in. Mind you, If they need to go straight to get experience, could they really be called straight back and slot into a division first 11?

If we have to put up with sh*t rules like this from the EFL effectively trying to prevent us registering our own player, can we not get creative ourselves?

Formally agree with Osei to release him tomorrow with no compensation. A day later he signs as a free agent to a new contract on exactly the same terms with the same end date as the original, on the understanding he will be registered and will actually get the chance of some first team action. Completely new contract with a new start date, so the EFL can't backdate it into the full season's salary cap.

Nah, Scotchers has changed his tune pretty quickly. His assurance of four has disappeared into the ether.
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but leave him alone you big meanie! I’m trying to be a kinder man. I’ve got scented candles in the living room and everything. Let this forum be a sanctuary of ambience and feng shui. Will you not join me in an afternoon of meditation? I have a spare kimono and everything.

I feel like Wes Mantooth helping Ron Burgundy out of the bear pit in Anchorman.

Of course. Although, if he's shipping one straight out to get experience it is 1 in. Mind you, If they need to go straight to get experience, could they really be called straight back and slot into a division first 11?

If it is Luke McNally we are looking to sign then they may be loaning him out to get him up to speed/full match fitness if he is needed considering it is currently pre-season for the Lg of Ireland.

With how Moore and Atkinson are playing it might be cover but a replacement for next season we are looking at, they both look better than league one now.
I wouldn't go quite that far just yet, I think they'd both struggle in the championship as early as next season, but they're certainly headed in the right direction, and are top CB at this level.

Back
Top Bottom