Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Given how well we are playing, I'd be pretty annoyed if we brought four players in.
Doesnt take a lot for a couple of injuries to bring us right back to losing weekly mind. Were looking like coming out of the window weaker than we went in, which is madness.

I know i predicted a relegation battle but we seemed to have somewhat pulled ourselves together and the playoff places look possible if we add depth. It appears we are going to decide not to.

Given how well we are playing, I'd be pretty annoyed if we brought four players in.
We are playing well but havent beaten any of the top teams in this division (yet) so its difficult to analyse how good we are. Long and especially Ruffels have struggled against decent wingers as an example. If any of our Cbs or right back get injured / suspended we are screwed. I would hope we are looking at bringing in players that are as good or better than our starting 11 and can help us mix it up with the top teams.

With Championship set to reject salary caps, league 1 and 2 will now be the primary shopping destination for Championship clubs (now can't recruit from Ligue 2 etc). Get young assets on as long as possible contracts (preferably with 1 year options)

With Championship set to reject salary caps, league 1 and 2 will now be the primary shopping destination for Championship clubs (now can't recruit from Ligue 2 etc). Get young assets on as long as possible contracts (preferably with 1 year options)
Well let’s sign someone anyway!!

Why can’t they recruit from Ligue 2?

So Robbo now thinks we have pretty much enough strength in depth, which is entirely unsurprising. Certainly doesnt feel like those 4 incoming Scotchers!
is it not entirely possible he means we didn't get our main targets and "as things stand" and if we cannot get our other target/s we have strength in depth?

Why can’t they recruit from Ligue 2?

Premiership will be unaffected (pretty much) as work permit are calculated on % of minutes played in top leagues. Ligue 2 and other leagues don't count towards this, and as such, will not be able to come to the England.

Players like Maupay, Kante, Mbeumo would all now fail to get enough points.

Leagues such as Holland/Belgium will qualify (top league) if a player has played 40% of the minutes. Realistically, there aren't too many players that move from the Eredivise to the Championship (Hamer to Coventry one of the rare recent examples). As such, teams will focus on League One and Two. Or, create club networks.

For example, the owners of Barnsley also own Oostende (Belgian Pro League), FC Thun (Swiss Challenge League) and Nancy (French Ligue 2)....as a result, you can move players from France/Switzerland to Belgium, get them the required minutes in a top league then bring them over to England.

Yes, but the real question is can he play RB?
Ultimately, the answer to every question posed to Robbo is "Jamie Hanson".

Right back- yep
Centre Mid- yep
Centre back - abso bloody lutely
Winger - could absolutely do a job
Backup striker- hes got the right attributes but Derrick is looking magnificent.

Last two are exaggerations (almost) but it is pretty accurate.

I know this is a subject for a different thread but surely L1 and L2 salary caps have to be reviewed given that the championship seem to be refusing any salary cap so far, simply leaves the lower leagues helpless should one of the larger teams come calling. And in all honesty it’s the championship teams spending in attempts to get into the PL that are putting themselves most at risk.

surely any cap has to be relative throughout the leagues or it becomes a bit of a joke.

LGiven how well we are playing, I'd be pretty annoyed if we brought four players in.

Spot on, I would too.

We are not only getting results but playing with real purpose. The line up looks reasonably settled and I think give or take a player or two you could predict our strongest line up. The fact we are slowly adding Brannagan and Winnall to it is a real plus.

Perhaps we could do with cover at centre back but Long can always slog in there and there’s plenty of right back options with both Ford and Hanson more than capable. I’d agree with Robbo that a sprinkle of stardust in an attacking sense, especially out wide, would be the icing on the cake but this squad doesn’t need too much tampering along with the slight risk that always comes with a flurry of new signings rocking the boat.

Be sensible but don’t carry out major repairs on something that is purring along very nicely.

I see Robinson has mention on the mail today that he sees Jamie Hanson has back up CB after impressing in a training game...

Remind me, was that line on the list of robbo’s 7 transfer bingo game??!

I think Brian Horton (out) could be the surprise package here - he's quite lithe and wiry - there may not be much flesh but it's all muscle.

I reckoned Brian Horton would be useful too. Not in a sense that he would be tough to beat but in a Hunger Games/Royal Rumble scenario I could see him lasting the course by being wily and staying out of trouble whilst the others exhaust themselves fighting each other.

As for signings, the silence is rather deafening. A centre back and one winger are the minimum but we don’t even see appear to be linked with anyone other than McNally.

We have so many games coming up that even if we do get lucky with injuries, we’ll have a knackered squad come the final months. If we’re serious about making a stab at the playoffs we do need those extra bodies in. Registering DOY doesn’t really cut it I’m afraid. It’s bodies in other areas that we need.

Ultimately, the answer to every question posed to Robbo is "Jamie Hanson".

Right back- yep
Centre Mid- yep
Centre back - abso bloody lutely
Winger - could absolutely do a job
Backup striker- hes got the right attributes but Derrick is looking magnificent.

Last two are exaggerations (almost) but it is pretty accurate.
Left Back in the changing rooms - no, Sykes plays there and is extremely effective

Squad sizes and salary caps were brought in on the assumption the championship did the same. I believe leagues 1 and 2 jumped the gun as the smaller clubs wanted to level the playing field.

Squad sizes and salary caps were brought in on the assumption the championship did the same. I believe leagues 1 and 2 jumped the gun as the smaller clubs wanted to level the playing field.
Leagues 1 & 2 are being forgotten about by the EFL and the rest, football as it used to be is now a thing of the past.
the premiership the championship and the EPL and the EFL do not give a toss about us anymore.

And the Championship owners are sat there tugging themselves at the thought of easy pickings from Leagues 1 & 2.

Back
Top Bottom