Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Is he? Really? I’d say KR is much better at developing younger talent..
I’d say they’re both as good as each other. KR has developed the likes of Alli, Baldock and Baptiste whilst MAPP has developed the likes of Roofe, Lundstram and Kenny.

I’d say they’re both as good as each other. KR has developed the likes of Alli, Baldock and Baptiste whilst MAPP has developed the likes of Roofe, Lundstram and Kenny.
I would say that KR’s list is more extensive than just the three that you mentioned..

I would say that KR’s list is more extensive than just the three that you mentioned..
Ofcourse but I have better things to do then list every player each of them have worked with that have gone onto having a good career.

Probably a bit moot with Lincoln comfortably above us in the table at present.

Bit generous to give MApp credit for Kenny - the lad spent, what, four months with us....and the rest of his life (before he went to Schalke) at Everton!?! Baldock played more than twice as many games under MApp than Kenny did!

Can definitely give MApp more credit for the likes of COD, Rothwell and Dunkley, however......

I’m sure a free agent that’s earning 0p would be happy to go from that, to whatever we could offer him haha. If we’re up against Norwich, as reported, we’ll be blown out of the water. What name have you heard mate?
Not going to reveal that - sorry. All I'll say (which probably isn't very helpful) is that he's a good age, has had a bit of a barren spell in terms of recent appearances but would fit the bill of what KR wants. He's got plenty of experience though and if he made our team could do okay. Wouldn't be a bad signing albeit not in the Mendez-Laing quality bracket.

Of course if we do sign him - I'll claim to be very much itk but won't be able to prove it!

In fairness MApp (with DE and MA) introduced a model based on the development and future sales of promising youngsters and hidden gems, and Robinson (with Tiger) has ensured that this has continued since the short but miserable Pep era.

Both can claim fame to starting/reigniting the careers of some great players, and both have had the odd duffer too!

Throw in Wilder, who had a different style, but one that was needed at the time to drag us out of the conference, and we've had a pretty decent decade off the back of a generation of gloom!

Can't we love them all? * 😍

* except Pep!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom