Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I think Shodipo scoring record is overshadowing people thoughts on him imo I haven’t been that impressed with him overall (apart from the goals have been fantastic fair play) but he never seems to run at players, loses the ball cheaply & gives away needless fouls when we’re on the attack you can see why KR has trusted Obita as his first choice since arriving
While I largely agree with your analysis, hasn't Shodipo been starting more games than Obita? I may be wrong.

Edit. Shodipo has started three of the last five league matches, Obita has started in two.

Last edited:
In all fairness to cadden he could have joined us done well got a big move to the championship BUT in Scotland he could do well for HIBS and then get a bigger move to either Celtic or rangers who are probably bigger clubs than most championship teams and he would probably be guaranteed to be in the national Scottish team

In all fairness to cadden he could have joined us done well got a big move to the championship BUT in Scotland he could do well for HIBS and then get a bigger move to either Celtic or rangers who are probably bigger clubs than most championship teams and he would probably be guaranteed to be in the national Scottish team
Then again he might not.

Very good point. I forgot about that. Now the bus has come around again and Cadden’s agent is the driver, comments like that will not help - at all! I wouldn’t have liked those kinda comments, made in public. I’m sure that none of us would have.

I’m not surprised that he has gone elsewhere.
That ship had already sailed quite frankly..if he sees SPL etc as stepping stones then so be it much as he was admired here.

Shodipo had only played in 30 odd games before joining us, Whyte had played 100 more at Crusaders by that time. So Shodipo is still very raw in regard to his overall play, but there is confidence and an end product that has seen him score some very important goals. For me, his second against Burton showed that he is learning quickly. He made a late run into the box, and rather than just holding at the far post, he found space centrally on the edge of the 6 yard box. (He did the same for the one he somehow missed too!) So his game is improving and we should maybe compare both players after a full season. However, I'll be very happy if our second choice, selfish left winger carries on scoring at a rate of 1 every 2 games!!
Exactly this plus how much hard work did the legendary John Aldridge do on the pitch apart from scoring lots of goals which was his job after all - and he was one of the true greats
Still some on here will never be satisfied by Shodipo - I recall he was referred to as "the QPR turd" not so long ago - give the bloke some credit
As for Gavin Whyte - if we were infor him then he chose a team with a bigger history than us - he owes us nothing and we owe him nothing - get over it

While I largely agree with your analysis, hasn't Shodipo been starting more games than Obita? I may be wrong.

Edit. Shodipo has started three of the last five league matches, Obita has started in two.
Partly down to Obita can’t play more than 60/70 minutes & can’t play back to back Saturday/Tuesday all the time just yet plus didn’t KR mention JO wife was expecting a baby in the previous 2 league games so may have to go leave the squad but before that he seemed to be 1st choice since signing

Partly down to Obita can’t play more than 60/70 minutes & can’t play back to back Saturday/Tuesday all the time just yet plus didn’t KR mention JO wife was expecting a baby in the previous 2 league games so may have to go leave the squad but before that he seemed to be 1st choice since signing
Quite interesting(!) looking back at League fixtures since Obita came into the matchday squad against Crewe.

Prior to the Plymouth match, which he missed due to his wife giving birth, he was involved in nine games. Five of those were on Saturdays and he started in all of them, with Shodipo on the bench. Four were on Tuesdays and Shodipo started in all those, with JO on the bench.

The Plymouth (Tuesday) game Shodipo started, as he did the following Saturday match against Burton with Obita as a sub. So 6 starts for Shodipo and 5 for Obita, it'll be interesting to see how that develops.

KR hinted on R/Ox that we have missed out on players who have signed for other clubs this week.

Perhaps it’s a step to far to say why and if they have signed for another club why can’t he name then

Perhaps it’s a step to far to say why and if they have signed for another club why can’t he name then
They signed for more money and opportunity. He rarely names them but obviously Cadden and Whyte. Now onto the affordable and realistic targets. Holland on loan?

So it’s the usual rubbish sprouted by the club in transfer window,I just wish that nothing was said
why rubbish? targets have been identified and if another club is chosen then that's part of football.

I will say this though, with all the negativity on here there are going to be a number of posters looking silly with egg on their face.

If you're Chris Cadden and you've been stuck in the USA not playing many games during a world pandemic - I imagine the opportunity to move home was too good to turn down. As soon as a Scottish club showed interest, there was absolutely no way he'd have come tonsu.

Connor Masterton available for loan. No mention of the interested clubs, but I’d imagine that we might be one.

Back
Top Bottom