Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

‘European footy’; you mean a dour two leg affair in July against the fourth best team in Estonia.
So what do we actually have to offer ? A crappy 3 sided Stadium and Accrington Stanley away !!
Add his family close and being in the top league of Scottish footy with international tournaments where he could get into the national squad !

So what do we actually have to offer ? A crappy 3 sided Stadium and Accrington Stanley away !!
Add his family close and being in the top league of Scottish footy with international tournaments where he could get into the national squad !
The chance to get a bigger move and more money if he does well.how many players have Hibernian sold for millions ?

‘European footy’; you mean a dour two leg affair in July against the fourth best team in Estonia.

I would love us to play Paide Linnameeskond in a tense two leg affair in July, the missus and little un would be made up with a visit to central Estonia as a holiday, Paide itself has a castle and a church, add that to the football and what more could anyone want?

I would love us to play Paide Linnastadion in a tense two leg affair in July, the missus and little un would be made up with a visit to central Estonia as a holiday, Paide itself has a castle and a church, add that to the football and what more could anyone want?
I bet the beer is cheap, the food hearty and the ladies lovely! Or maybe switch the adjectives around if you like

Get a grip everyone - we are on a roll, we will stuff Cobblers tomorrow. We were never in for Cadden or Whyte with any real commitment, KR knew we don't have the loot. The Board should be using their energy into buying the stadium - with no ground of our own we're f***kd.

I would love us to play Paide Linnameeskond in a tense two leg affair in July, the missus and little un would be made up with a visit to central Estonia as a holiday, Paide itself has a castle and a church, add that to the football and what more could anyone want?
I've been to see FC Flora of the Estonian top division - about 300 supporters in a cavernous 10,000 seater national stadium in Tallinn where the ticket price is about £3 and includes a free beer and a Chinese buffet.

Some of the worst football I've ever seen in my life.

Yeah but Scottish football is shocking standard because seltic win it every Yr m8

The chance to get a bigger move and more money if he does well.how many players have Hibernian sold for millions ?
Scott Brown, Steven Fletcher, John McGinn, Steven Whittaker, Kevin Thomson, Kenny Miller, Ulises de la Cruz, Garry O’Connor all £2million plus...

Plenty more in the £1-2million range.

Scott Brown, Steven Fletcher, John McGinn, Steven Whittaker, Kevin Thomson, Kenny Miller, Ulises de la Cruz, Garry O’Connor all £2million plus...

Plenty more in the £1-2million range.
All over 10 years ago though?

I've been to see FC Flora of the Estonian top division - about 300 supporters in a cavernous 10,000 seater national stadium in Tallinn where the ticket price is about £3 and includes a free beer and a Chinese buffet.

Some of the worst football I've ever seen in my life.
Ditto. Surreal experience, when I turned up at the deserted car park I thought the match had been cancelled. But no, just about 150 people there. Flora had beaten someone 7-0 the weekend before and ended up beating someone 9-0 the week after, and what did I get? 1-0 to a dodgy penalty with a second dodgy penalty blasted over the bar in the last minute. The highlight was an eating contest on the pitch at half time held by the sponsors, with the winner taking home a large carton of pickled fish.

It gave me hope that I could still make it as a top-level footballer in any case!

Shodipo plays on the wing, so does Whyte? Literally the same position, just on opposite sides. Might as well compare Stevens with Sam Long..
Rather than being coy, let’s just be clear:

1. Do you think Shodipo’s overall performances have been better for us than Whyte’s were?
2. Do you think Shodipo is, currently, a better player than Whyte?
3. If you could only have one at Oxford for next season, which would you have?

Rather than being coy, let’s just be clear:

1. Do you think Shodipo’s overall performances have been better for us than Whyte’s were?
2. Do you think Shodipo is, currently, a better player than Whyte?
3. If you could only have one at Oxford for next season, which would you have?
I think Shodipo scoring record is overshadowing people thoughts on him imo I haven’t been that impressed with him overall (apart from the goals have been fantastic fair play) but he never seems to run at players, loses the ball cheaply & gives away needless fouls when we’re on the attack you can see why KR has trusted Obita as his first choice since arriving

Shodipo had only played in 30 odd games before joining us, Whyte had played 100 more at Crusaders by that time. So Shodipo is still very raw in regard to his overall play, but there is confidence and an end product that has seen him score some very important goals. For me, his second against Burton showed that he is learning quickly. He made a late run into the box, and rather than just holding at the far post, he found space centrally on the edge of the 6 yard box. (He did the same for the one he somehow missed too!) So his game is improving and we should maybe compare both players after a full season. However, I'll be very happy if our second choice, selfish left winger carries on scoring at a rate of 1 every 2 games!!

Depends what he is after now though , to get a move to the championship yes come to us but to get rated and the Scottish press saying he should be in their national squad and his family near by . A three year contract takes him up to 27 so he needs a big move before then . Anyway we have other targets who will want to play for us ...COYY

Back
Top Bottom