Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

If Robbo doesn’t like Agyei he should sell and get rid but personally I think that would be a big mistake.

Agyei needs to dig in and work himself back into the side. He has the ability, but needs the attitude, the work ethic and a bit of bite into his game. Sykes was given a kick up the ass at the beginning of last season and responded. I hope Agyei does the same, but if he doesn't then he'll only have himself to blame.

Can we close this thread now and start a new one about 29th December?

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
Unless there is something contractual, registering two injured players was a mistake. We could have had the needed CB in now, and possibly the attacking option that KR sought. It doesn't appear that the management have properly thought through what the squad limit and wage cap means.

He's dropped him because of his attitude and not giving everything in training.

Who told you about the attitude in training? Was it your contact at the club??

As no mention from Robinson about that in this [emoji1313]

“Sometimes you’re trying to provoke a reaction.

“Dan’s come on so much from where he was, the power and pace he has is phenomenal.

“But there’s also got to be some counter-pressing there and an ability to run up and down a pitch. He knows that.

“It’s something he has within him, he’s another really nice lad and it’s just another stage of his development.”

Robinson cited an incident from the midweek win over Rochdale, where Agyei was substituted after 57 minutes, as an example.

He said: “On Tuesday he got elbowed, got angry, went past three or four and got a cross in.

“I want to work with great people, but when you go over that line you’ve got to be nasty and willing to change your emotions into wanting to win.

“It’s nothing he can’t put right.”

No mention of a bad attitude in training in that..

I think personally KR can see agyei could be a very good player at this level he’s young he’s quick and he’s strong he just needs to start being more consistent using the attributes he’s got in his locker I think after being dropped if he doesn’t learn then he never will he could be the next big thing to leave us if he uses his head properly

The main thing about Agyei to me I at times he lacks the ability to be able to make an instant decision about what he’s going to, takes a second touch rather shoot or cross or get moving
Agyei has a load of potential.
His decision making though is very poor and I can't see how he deserves to start at the moment. He should score more and his final ball should generally be better.
Shodipo looks a far better player to me.

Who told you about the attitude in training? Was it your contact at the club??

As no mention from Robinson about that in this [emoji1313]

“Sometimes you’re trying to provoke a reaction.

“Dan’s come on so much from where he was, the power and pace he has is phenomenal.

“But there’s also got to be some counter-pressing there and an ability to run up and down a pitch. He knows that.

“It’s something he has within him, he’s another really nice lad and it’s just another stage of his development.”

Robinson cited an incident from the midweek win over Rochdale, where Agyei was substituted after 57 minutes, as an example.

He said: “On Tuesday he got elbowed, got angry, went past three or four and got a cross in.

“I want to work with great people, but when you go over that line you’ve got to be nasty and willing to change your emotions into wanting to win.

“It’s nothing he can’t put right.”

No mention of a bad attitude in training in that..

Okay we get it, you like to let us know that Scotchegg has a contact at the club who they may or may not get info from.

Talking of connections to the club, where did those Sunderland family stand tickets go, and the signing of Michael Folivi.

i've said it many times that his link up play with Long, Sykes down the "Right" has been very good...on top of this him and Taylor seem to have an almost telephatic understanding of what runs to make,timing and link of passes in brief minutes they've played together that i still maintain could be a lethal partnership.

Games like Walsall would be an ideal time to put to use rather than a complete removal from the squad, it's hard to work your way back in without any game time and you'll learn very little from a few brief sub appearences.

Okay we get it, you like to let us know that Scotchegg has a contact at the club who they may or may not get info from.

Talking of connections to the club, where did those Sunderland family stand tickets go, and the signing of Michael Folivi.

I’m annoyed as he’s joined on the bandwagon (SE in kiss arseing) the management shock) from the club in using DA as an easy target. There’s no mention from Robinson about the lack of effort in training so either he backs it up with saying who told him or he retracts it.

Why?

Well given how some on here look on him (his head will be huge now) as some sort of oracle of club info it’s giving a young lad a unfair bad press on top of the stick the manager (why’s he not having a pop at others btw?) is unfairly already given him.

Re Sunderland, if you know anyone at the club, ask about.

As for Folivi.

Obviously it didn’t go through.

Why’s that, you’ll have to ask the people who have the final call but he was certainly very close to signing. Was evening at the training ground and around the club prior to it not coming off.

At what point do we stop talking about potential and realise that just maybe Dan isn't going to make it at Oxford , he is frustrating to watch, and then he will do something that gets you out of your seat. I'm sure that the management have had the same conversations, but I am not convinced his future is at Oxford ( Kane Hemmings springs to mind)

For whatever reason Dan isn't impressing the man who matters most the Manager .
He does have ability but at 23 should be in the side every week and for us to have some doubts even now over where to even play him shows that he is probably best out of the club to somewhere he will get a chance to play ( or not )

I am always a little dubious / uncomfortable when people start referring to the attitude of players in training because none of us really knows what goes on and those who put these things up are either relying on the word of someone within the club (who may have their own agendas or favourites) or are just putting two and two together and making 47.

Plenty of players have been thus labelled in the past, and in many cases this tag has stuck despite no evidence ever presented to the masses. Eventually this repeated so many times that it becomes 'fact' and subsequently used as an argument for or against certain players...without anyone knowing the actual truth.
It is the same with certain other players who have been associated with certain behaviours behind the scenes, particularly around transfers, again without any actual evidence, which eventually have perhaps unfairly tainted their time or association with the club.

Rumours and speculation around potential incoming players during transfer windows is one thing - and generally quite harmless - but when it comes to passing on or inventing stories or slurs around current players then I wish posters would be more considered and respectful in what they post, as these things can stick and potentially harm a player down the line...

I'd rather have a player who plays well on a match day, as I think Agyei has on the whole, than a great player in training who does little in games that matter.

Come January:

Loan out: Hall, Osei-Yaw, Jones, Hanson, Elechi

Surely most of them could get League Two or Conference loans? That would give us some spaces to bring in a couple of players

Come January:

Loan out: Hall, Osei-Yaw, Jones, Hanson, Elechi

Surely most of them could get League Two or Conference loans? That would give us some spaces to bring in a couple of players
Loan 4 out re-register Osei-Yaw and bring in 2/3 that we may need abs with Middlesbrough signing another left sided player Browne apparently is down the pecking order maybe another chance to bring him in if it would add something to our team and maybe another foray into N/Ireland

Loan 4 out re-register Osei-Yaw and bring in 2/3 that we may need abs with Middlesbrough signing another left sided player Browne apparently is down the pecking order maybe another chance to bring him in if it would add something to our team and maybe another foray into N/Ireland
We don’t need a left winger (Shodipo Cooper, Ageyi & Obita if need be is enough) but Browne can offer more in midfield in a number 8 & 10 role but also as a false number 9 when he was very impressive against Blackpool

I think we may need to bring in a right winger imo Henry really struggled so far Sykes being used as attacking number 8 a lot more this season (maybe due to Brannagan being out) Ageyi can’t nail down a place in the team & Hall’s non effective he doesn’t look like he can play right wing any more & if the opportunity there to get Gavin Whyte it would be a perfect fit

Back
Top Bottom