Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

On Clare, the more he plays the position the better he will get (imo) but it will take time so he will make mistakes. I think KR has decided to do it this way as trying to sign that type of player hasn't gone well when loaning (ie. Cadden going mid season and missing out on Neco Williams after the cup result) or trying to sign permanently (O'Donnell). Hopefully, Lofthouse kicks on as well in this mold and can put the pressure on. Based on comments, KR clearly sees Elechi as an option now on the left.

On Clare, the more he plays the position the better he will get (imo) but it will take time so he will make mistakes. I think KR has decided to do it this way as trying to sign that type of player hasn't gone well when loaning (ie. Cadden going mid season and missing out on Neco Williams after the cup result) or trying to sign permanently (O'Donnell). Hopefully, Lofthouse kicks on as well in this mold and can put the pressure on. Based on comments, KR clearly sees Elechi as an option now on the left.
He’s definitely still learning that position. At times if you watch him when the balls not in his area he looks a bit lost, not quite sure where to position himself. In possession he doesn’t seem to have worked out when it’s safe to go forward & what passes are safe/not safe to play when you’re playing RB. That’s resulted in a few goals against with him making the wrong decision.

But his one on one defending is ok & that run he made in the 2nd half yesterday was the first time we’ve seen that he’s got that ability to run at people and be a real threat. As he plays the position more if he can tie those things together he could be a good attacking fullback, but it will need patience while he gets there.

He’s definitely still learning that position. At times if you watch him when the balls not in his area he looks a bit lost, not quite sure where to position himself. In possession he doesn’t seem to have worked out when it’s safe to go forward & what passes are safe/not safe to play when you’re playing RB. That’s resulted in a few goals against with him making the wrong decision.

But his one on one defending is ok & that run he made in the 2nd half yesterday was the first time we’ve seen that he’s got that ability to run at people and be a real threat. As he plays the position more if he can tie those things together he could be a good attacking fullback, but it will need patience while he gets there.
Still think it’s poor recruitment. We need players in the first team who are ready to go. Players still learning their position should be doing it elsewhere. I can’t believe there isn’t a youngish full back in the two leagues below showing real promise that would be ready to go.

Yet again last night we created plenty of clear chances, that’s 3 games in a row. All the time our defence looks as shaky as a circus clown car. Claire again looked all over the place, centre also hit and miss. neither long, Atkinson or mous are fit to clean Dickies boots. Ruffles is an average left back on a good day. we also don’t have enough proper cover in defence as again we showed last night. Yet in the free agent market we’re looking to add a forward?
if the positive Pete’s reply to this post is yes but we have Hanson or ?????? Who can cover that position have a word! this is a football team looking for promotion not just to survive and if you’re doing that you need proper players.
The defence wasn’t that bad. We struggled to get to grips with MK’s shape for the first 25 min. After that, despite their nice play MK didn’t have an attempt on or off target between the 23rd & 85th minute. They had 2 blocked attempts in that time that never reached Eastwood. The 2nd goal in my opinion should have been saved from 20+ yards out. There will be periods of games where we struggle, especially when you play a team like MK who are quite unconventional. We adapted to it well I thought, as the stats would back up.

Still think it’s poor recruitment. We need players in the first team who are ready to go. Players still learning their position should be doing it elsewhere. I can’t believe there isn’t a youngish full back in the two leagues below showing real promise that would be ready to go.
We have Elechi and Lofthouse.
Why would we be looking at youngsters 2 leagues down? Unless they are not rated?

The defence wasn’t that bad. We struggled to get to grips with MK’s shape for the first 25 min. After that, despite their nice play MK didn’t have an attempt on or off target between the 23rd & 85th minute. They had 2 blocked attempts in that time that never reached Eastwood. The 2nd goal in my opinion should have been saved from 20+ yards out. There will be periods of games where we struggle, especially when you play a team like MK who are quite unconventional. We adapted to it well I thought, as the stats would back up.
For 20 minutes we looked really poor at the back but that was in part due to the missing midfield.
The rest of the game we defended ok in my view.
Their second won't happen when Gorrin is fully match fit ( and he probably could have stopped the guy yesterday and ' taken one for the team"
I am surprised that a small number are slating Ruffles. Once match fot he will be solid and reliable as ever.

He did some decent defending at times such as winning a key header at the back post and following it up by crowding out their player and getting the ball back just after. I agree he really needs to work on his positioning. Having Mous in the back 4 may actually help him as Mous will talk to him and give advice/instruction on the pitch.

We need to buy players with potential & develop them. I think the problem this season is that there are a fair few that fall into that category, particularly across the back 4. Losing Mous has highlighted that even more. So personally I wouldn’t criticise the signing of Clare after 6 games, but the experience in the back line generally is perhaps one that could have been avoided with different recruitment.

The one player who we have bought that I think we could see improve with us is cooper , it’s a joke how little he has been able to play so far going away with Northern Ireland not to get a single minute is crazy hopefully we can get him some minutes soon

If he can deliver in the first team, the sort of performance (&goals) he did yesterday* for the U21s , his full international debut for NI wont be far off

though KR does need to select , and play him , in the first team for any of that to happen

his second goal yesterday was an excellent solo effort... picked up the ball went past/ round a few Southend U21s, then rifled the ball into the back of the net.... his first goal in the same game was decent too

The one player who we have bought that I think we could see improve with us is cooper , it’s a joke how little he has been able to play so far going away with Northern Ireland not to get a single minute is crazy hopefully we can get him some minutes soon
Scored a couple of cracking goals for the U23s yesterday!

That’s all dependent on the coaching he’s getting for the position.

He has the attributes to make a class attacking full back but he needs to learn the positional side and mental toughness of the position ASAP.

Easy to make run forwards, very tough to learn when to go and then to put the hard yards in coming back when it doesn’t work out.

Still, it’s a young mans position!!

That’s all dependent on the coaching he’s getting for the position.

He has the attributes to make a class attacking full back but he needs to learn the positional side and mental toughness of the position ASAP.

Easy to make run forwards, very tough to learn when to go and then to put the hard yards in coming back when it doesn’t work out.

Still, it’s a young mans position!!

Agreed on the coaching and I expect he is getting plenty of that support.

We have Elechi and Lofthouse.
Why would we be looking at youngsters 2 leagues down? Unless they are not rated?

Both won’t let us down I’m so sure.

Having watched them for the last 2 years prior to lockdown etc.

These are class lads who along with Nico, Fabio, Goodrham & Slavi etc

Who the club have spent a lot of time and effort in on and off the pitch. Now is the time for those two potentially to step up and prove their worth to everyone from KR down to the young lads in the academy.

Interesting times.

We need to buy players with potential & develop them. I think the problem this season is that there are a fair few that fall into that category, particularly across the back 4. Losing Mous has highlighted that even more. So personally I wouldn’t criticise the signing of Clare after 6 games, but the experience in the back line generally is perhaps one that could have been avoided with different recruitment.
Clare is a diamond in the rough. Once we've turned him into an attacking full back (and on last night's performance he certainly knows how to get forward) and he can get up to speed with defending, then we could have another George Baldock on our hands and that, as a club, is how we roll. He needs some help at the back at the moment and the tactics need to provide for that. It seemed last night that James Henry played that role effectively.To say players still learning their position should do it elsewhere shows no understanding of the club's model. The fact is in Clare's case he had learnt his position elsewhere: attacking midfield. The view the club took was that he had the smarts to add defending to his skill set and he had the desire to do it. Give him a season to develop this and we will have a very good player on our hands who will be in demand further up the pyramid, if it's still a pyramid!
'

Bloody hell. Not a move id have made. He has potential that lad. But likely hes one been scapegoated by Robbo i.e "not up to it?"
Yet again you find a reason to slag off KR. You criticise the recruitment and the players then unhappy with the choice of whom to drop out of the squad to free up a place for a more experienced head. Frankly I struggle to see your reasons supporting OUFC. Never mind I am sure tomorrow will bring forward more reasons for you to complain.

Yet again you find a reason to slag off KR. You criticise the recruitment and the players then unhappy with the choice of whom to drop out of the squad to free up a place for a more experienced head. Frankly I struggle to see your reasons supporting OUFC. Never mind I am sure tomorrow will bring forward more reasons for you to complain.

Why give a 2 yr deal if there was always a chance of this happening? Read without looking at the poster and you’ll see how it’s a strange one...

For 20 minutes we looked really poor at the back but that was in part due to the missing midfield.
The rest of the game we defended ok in my view.
Their second won't happen when Gorrin is fully match fit ( and he probably could have stopped the guy yesterday and ' taken one for the team"
I am surprised that a small number are slating Ruffles. Once match fot he will be solid and reliable as ever.
I’ve never rated ruffles. he gets done too easily, too often and can’t stop a cross. The amount of times the centre half’s have to deal with a ball into the box that should never have got there! To be fair he has actually improved in this area this season I hope he continues to do so. Now with Claire on the other side and we’ve lost Dickie from the middle we’re conceded some bloody stupid goals. Now if you lose to great play then there‘s nothing you can do about that but gift stupid goals as we have been doing and it’s going to be a long season.

I’ve seen a lot of stick for Clare & Ruffels and absolutely none for Elliott Moore. He hasn’t stepped up so far this season and i’d put a lot of the back 4 problems down to him. He isn’t a good enough replacement for Dickie at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom