Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this point yet in terms of a reason to get another Centre Back in is that it provides us with more options in terms of formation, alongside our recent woes of conceding sloppy goals. This year we have played against a back 3 / 5 two or three times (Peterborough and Sunderland) are the ones I can 100% say and in those games their full backs / wing backs had great success against us through conceding two goals down our left flank and the oppositions RWB scoring.

I think by getting another centre back in and providing us the ability to play three at the back it allows our full backs who aren't that great defending, getting further up the pitch. In addition when we have an injury to Gorrin or the CDM we don't have to play that shielding player in front of the back free and allows for more options up pitch and potentially playing Winnall and Taylor together.

I would just like to see it as an option rather than the recent oxford attitude of do plan A better.

What time today does the player list need to be registered ?

3 solutions to our existing problems:
  1. Get Gorrin fit - we are rubbish without a proper holing midfielder
  2. Stop conceding set pieces - we are naive and are gifting teams set pieces and allowing them to put balls into our box
  3. Finish some chances - we are creating as many, if not more than anyone else. This will relieve the pressure on the defence
None of these things require any transfer activity. For me the only concern is Gorrin. If he's not fit them we look exposed. That is supposed to be Hanson's position. He needs to step up as cover or we need to replace him.

No more discussion neccessary. Close the forum.

What we need is a left back and a right back that offer more going forward, as Cadden did, but you don't have to be as talented as Cadden to do that. There are free agents available I'm sure that have a more attacking mindset than Ruffles and definitely Long. Sitting back so flat at the moment means we encourage teams to run at us, increasing the pressure on the back 4.
At the moment we have one way of playing that every club knows about. We either change personnel or the system kr plays.
I would suggest Long does as much attracking as Ruffs does, remind me who hit that sweet volley/1/2 volley that Man City cleared off the line.He also had a 1 on 1 v Watford + numerous other moments including sprinting from opponents box to catch and stop a Watford breakaway.
As i've stated previously the link up play down the right with Long-Agyei....Long-Sykes is pretty good and often leads to chances.

I dont get this 'model' talk to excuse our poor form. Every club below the top 4 or whatever in the prem are selling clubs and will lose their best players when bigger clubs come sniffing. I dont think we are that different with our 'model' than other clubs in our league.
It's not excusing the results (we'll disagree on termology) The point being we are set up to develop and sell on and for this to work season after season you have to be extremely lucky as your gambling on the conveyor belt churning them out season after season...On top of this we top up our squad with Loans who mostly are never going to be with us Full Time and as a consequence of the 2 we are constantly breaking up our squad each summer.
If you want to have weeks/Months of chat about the value of players then fine but when they go you sometimes have to accept that what might follow as you're not always going to get lucky with new recruits hitting the ground running or of similar ability to those just moved on or returned to parent clubs.
Someone stated that had we kept Cadden he could have fetched a few quid in the summer which therein lay the problem because we would still be searching for a defender and not have a settled team, folk complain about defending but we have not named the same back 5 and indeed 6 as you must include the vastly underrated and needed Gorrin who surely would be first on the teamsheet. the importance of a settled back 5 cannot be overstated.

There are some decent players in our squad that bizarrely some fans now criticise and even want binned off or sent out on Loan, The game is about opinions and mine is if fans have watched the games to date rather than just listened or read the bare result then the conclusion must be we are a tweak or 2 from where we ended the previous season.
Talk of struggling through this season is way off the mark imho.

No different to Chris Gunter then who you were championing as a signing before his move to Charlton. We've got two defenders coming in. Atkinson who is fit and Mous who will be back to full fitness very soon.
Gunter signed for Charlton on 8th October and made his debut for them last weekend. He was with Wales the week before and was fully fit!!
He's been available all summer and was
just the kind of player KR should have gone all out to get.

Gunter signed for Charlton on 8th October and made his debut for them last weekend. He was with Wales the week before and was fully fit!!
Well, maybe he did but the player preferred Charlton. Or maybe he wanted too much money, or KR doesn't like something about his game. It's not like buying a jumper on the sale rail.

Well, maybe he did but the player preferred Charlton. Or maybe he wanted too much money, or KR doesn't like something about his game. It's not like buying a jumper on the sale rail.
Yeah, like he cant cut inside and get a shot off. Bloody defenders.... ?

• React
Reactions: m
My point was more directed at the fact that McCleary has similarly been available all summer and was getting game time for Reading as recently as July along with Gunter, so it's a bit of a stretch to think that he would only be fit for selection in December if he were to sign.

Hanson in the squad, Osei Yaw been left out. Bet he ends up at Woking. Room for one free agent

And Hanson limped out of the game this afternoon - great :rolleyes:
Think Hanson been put in the squad because we have to pay his wages regardless and not many will take a risk on someone with his injury record and when fit he can cover right back if desperate

Think Hanson been put in the squad because we have to pay his wages regardless and not many will take a risk on someone with his injury record and when fit he can cover right back if desperate
Hanson is versatile and experienced, if not apparently very good. He may yet come through or at least fill a gap for a few games.

Back
Top Bottom