Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

With the exception of Osei who'd you'd assume is on a low wage, we'd have to pay a sizeable contribution to the wage of any of the other named players who have been listed as options to go out on loan. And also rely on them wanting to drop two divisions.

in Football How can something that is current be used to forecast something 8 months ahead?

You appear to suggest we are going to struggle so what is the cut off point for safey 50 pts?

i'm willing to wager with you that we get more than 50 pts and will pay £20 for every point less and you pay £20 for every point above and you've already got 5 games in your favour Do we have a Deal?
Sorry, I don't follow your post. You said you had scoured stats from the last 16 years, and we would finish with a load of points. I was querying whether you genuinely meant with this current group of players we could reach that.

Where did you in my post get that I said we would struggle. I think you've read one post and replied to another. Quite amusing really.

And you genuinely believe that the fee for Dickie was £850k (with £350k going to Reading) and there is no reason to question it?

???
You laugh but we have a record of giving our players away on the cheap, everyone knows that, it’s commonplace here at OUFC don’t you know, Any news btw on signings?????

We need a defender. What is so difficult to understand?

“People talk about (needing to sign) centre backs, but I think Sam Long has done really well."

“Mous (John Mousinho) trained with the group (on Monday) so he’s not too far away now, which is good news.

“Michael Elechi is doing really well.

“There’s a lot of development left in him, so you don’t want to block that pathway.”

Where is the cover for future injuries? We are leaking goals every game.

If we don't keep a clean sheet tonight then surely it will be apparent to all that something is wrong?

But hasnt played for absolute months even going back to the end of last sesson. So thats til Xmas to get fit, by then we'll be in January anyway.

Its a defender we need, whos broadly ready to play.

Same argument could be made back regarding a defender, there is not going to be anyone who is a free agent ready to play. Whereas if we use our current defence and give them a chance, they will improve the team possibly more than a new player would.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Yet another wide player?! At the moment we have:

Agyei who has been one of our best players in every game he’s played so far and drawn praise from from KR

Cooper who was NI player of the year and has looked very promising whenever he’s featured

Sykes who looked good out wide right last game and was one of the best players.

Henry who while also featuring more centrally has done well for us wide right, linking up with Taylor

Shodipo who was literally brought in to play out wide, filling up our last precious squad place, and apparently has pace to burn

Osei Yaw who can play as a striker but given that he’s behind Taylor and Winnall, will more likely feature our wide

Hall who was given an extended contract by KR and, to be fair to him, has looked a lot better this season whenever he’s played

That’s 7, seven, players all vying for two spaces. In a squad limited for numbers.

Robinson also says that someone who can play centrally up front might be good. But we only play one striker and already have Taylor and Winnall there, as well as Agyei and Osei Yaw backing them up. Two big name players going for one position, with a couple of young, raw players as backup.

Don’t get me wrong, if you have someone who’s clearly better than any of those options mentioned and will slot straight into the first team, bring them on (hence why we should have signed Whyte, if we could) but realistically if it’s going to be another squad player then the only position that doesn’t have a decent amount of cover is centre back.

Yet another wide player?! At the moment we have:

Agyei who has been one of our best players in every game he’s played so far and drawn praise from from KR

Cooper who was NI player of the year and has looked very promising whenever he’s featured

Sykes who looked good out wide right last game and was one of the best players.

Henry who while also featuring more centrally has done well for us wide right, linking up with Taylor

Shodipo who was literally brought in to play out wide, filling up our last precious squad place, and apparently has pace to burn

Osei Yaw who can play as a striker but given that he’s behind Taylor and Winnall, will more likely feature our wide

Hall who was given an extended contract by KR and, to be fair to him, has looked a lot better this season whenever he’s played

That’s 7, seven, players all vying for two spaces. In a squad limited for numbers.

Robinson also says that someone who can play centrally up front might be good. But we only play one striker and already have Taylor and Winnall there, as well as Agyei and Osei Yaw backing them up. Two big name players going for one position, with a couple of young, raw players as backup.

Don’t get me wrong, if you have someone who’s clearly better than any of those options mentioned and will slot straight into the first team, bring them on (hence why we should have signed Whyte, if we could) but realistically if it’s going to be another squad player then the only position that doesn’t have a decent amount of cover is centre back.

Sounds like Osei will be heading out on loan.

Back
Top Bottom